Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Agnes & Robert, Garrioch club, Maryhill
Agnes & Robert
post 28th Nov 2008, 10:16am
Post #1

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,256
Has anybody ever heard of the Garrioch Club, it was held in the Garrioch School at tthe bottom Avenuepark Street
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
glasgow lass
post 28th Nov 2008, 11:52am
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,697
Hi Agnes & Robert, are you speaking of the arts and crafts that we used go to, if so then I remember that. Lass smile.gif

+Quote Post
Agnes & Robert
post 29th Nov 2008, 05:25am
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
To Glasgow Lass, the Garrioch Club was in the school and we had gymnastics and a dance I think on a wednesday night the music was a gramaphone this was in 1948 thats where I first met my Wife to be I was in the Royal Navy and went abroad and didn't come back home until september 1952 my Wife was just going on 16 when I first met her we got married December 1952, then we came over to Canada on 1966

+Quote Post
Agnes & Robert
post 29th Nov 2008, 05:29am
Post #4

Mega City Key Holder
To Glasgow Lass, the Garrioch Club was in the school and we had gymnastics and a dance I think on a wednesday night the music was a gramaphone this was in 1948 thats where I first met my Wife to be I was in the Royal Navy and went abroad and didn't come back home until september 1952 my Wife was just going on 16 when I first met her we got married December 1952, then we came over to Canada on 1966

+Quote Post
glasgow lass
post 29th Nov 2008, 01:15pm
Post #5

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,697
Hi I attendid the club during the sixties , probably to be more accurate around 1969ish, fun times going there I remember making ma mammy lots of nice things for our wee house , also we went to Gairbraid club for highland dancing. Ive got two left feet so they had tae keep the swords well away from me LOL , I was always good for a tap though tongue.gif

+Quote Post
*AGNES & ROBERT*
post 5th Dec 2008, 04:18am
Post #6

Hi Glasgowlass, my Wife and I were home on holiday 2005 and the Garrioch School looked like it was closed, you said that you were at the club on 1969, we were over here in canada by that time, we belong to Maryhill my Wife was born on Fernie Street and our first house was in Fernie Street that was on 1957,sad to see that it is not there anymore

+Quote Post
*AGNES & ROBERT*
post 5th Dec 2008, 04:27am
Post #7

Hi Glasgowlass, my Wife and I were home on holiday 2005 and the Garrioch School looked like it was closed, you said that you were at the club on 1969, we were over here in canada by that time, we belong to Maryhill my Wife was born on Fernie Street and our first house was in Fernie Street that was on 1957,sad to see that it is not there anymore,too bad

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.