Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Whinging!, Things that really annoy.
Dave Grieve
post 4th Mar 2020, 10:41am
Post #61

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,005
Not just in the UK Taurus. I got into an argument with a Zulu after telling him I was a republican and believed no family was born to rule.
Turned out he was a big supporter of the Zulu King Goodwill.
He hasn't spoken to me since.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 4th Mar 2020, 03:56pm
Post #62

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 4th Mar 2020, 10:41am) *
Turned out he was a big supporter of the Zulu King Goodwill.

Was King Goodwill a good Hunter Dave? laugh.gif

I don't mind Burger King though.

+Quote Post
Dave Grieve
post 4th Mar 2020, 06:58pm
Post #63

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,005
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 4th Mar 2020, 05:56pm) *
Was King Goodwill a good Hunter Dave? laugh.gif

I don't mind Burger King though.

Sorry Jagz that one went way oor mah heid and its still traveling.

+Quote Post
carmella
post 4th Mar 2020, 07:17pm
Post #64

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
One of the things that creeps me out is the great deference shown to them by the media. News readers completely change their voices, and facial expressions whenever they discuss a member of the royals. I think most of them are hypocrites or perhaps it is in their contracts that they have to cow tow.

Ah well, just glad I don’t have to do so. Furthermore, we no longer have to stand for the national anthem. I remember way back when I was in my early teens awful looks at the end of a night at the pictures, because I was walking out instead of standing to attention for the anthem.

Prince Harry wants to be ordinary. Well Harry, you will never achieve it. I don’t know about anyone else but as an ordinary person, I have never had a car waiting for me at the bottom of aircraft steps. Just sayin’ clap.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
taurus
post 4th Mar 2020, 07:32pm
Post #65

City Key Holder
Member No.: 12,391
oh so right with everything there Carmella,the magazines could shut up shop next week if they didn`t have at least one of them with (always) rubbish headlines to made up stories about them. a wee bit off the topic here,but talking of a car waiting for you,the lady mayor of the city of Sydney has had the traffic gridlocked for years,making cycle lanes,in streets that werent even built for the volume of traffic,motorists going nuts trying to avoid cyclists in the middle of the city,and what about the mayor?,she arrives at the town hall in her limousine !! There`s them and us,always will be .

+Quote Post
taurus
post 4th Mar 2020, 07:36pm
Post #66

City Key Holder
Dave ,I did like one lttle anecdote in the book I am reading. The queen mother was in Africa on one of her many junkets,and a chief siad to her,we are related,one of my ancestors ate one of yours.

+Quote Post
Scots Kiwi Lass
post 4th Mar 2020, 09:22pm
Post #67

City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,097
QUOTE (taurus @ 4th Mar 2020, 08:32pm) *
oh so right with everything there Carmella,the magazines could shut up shop next week if they didn`t have at least one of them with (always) rubbish headlines to made up stories about them. a wee bit off the topic here,but talking of a car waiting for you,the lady mayor of the city of Sydney has had the traffic gridlocked for years,making cycle lanes,in streets that werent even built for the volume of traffic,motorists going nuts trying to avoid cyclists in the middle of the city,and what about the mayor?,she arrives at the town hall in her limousine !! There`s them and us,always will be .

Taurus, regarding your comment about cycle lanes, I absolutely agree. It is the same here in Christchurch. Council spending $8 million building cycle lanes here, including my area. I've only ever seen the one nearest to me being used about a dozen times. Meanwhile, adults and children alike still ride on the footpath. I had to move quickly the other day to make way for a grown man, racing towards me (at age 78 and a bit wobbly). Also, it concerns me that motorists coming out of driveways now have to negotiate crossing the footpath AND the 2-way cycle lanes - more dangerous than ever. People who have cycle lanes outside their properties now have no parking either. I am all for improvements but feel strongly that the money would have been better spent on building more social housing , which was destroyed during recent major earthquakes.

--------------------
Kia mau ki to Maoritanga
.............. Hold fast to your culture

+Quote Post
taurus
post 4th Mar 2020, 09:32pm
Post #68

City Key Holder
a big hullabaloo when a cyclist gets killed,tragic any loss of life,but what do they expect,the cyclists take their lives in their hands when they get out and share the road with these high powered cars,and a lot of streets and roads were only made for horses and carts years ago anyway. I always dreaded driving out on a Sunday morning,for thats the day they all set off for the cycle meeting points,they ride down the street as many as a dozen,not in single file either,take a right of way that they dont deserve,often when the lights turn red and we all stop ,a cyclist will just keep going. Madness.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 5th Mar 2020, 09:51am
Post #69

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 4th Mar 2020, 06:58pm) *
Sorry Jagz that one went way oor mah heid and its still traveling.

Sorry Dave, 'Good Will Hunting' was a 1998 Movie staring Robin Williams and Matt Damon. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 5th Mar 2020, 10:02am
Post #70

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (carmella @ 4th Mar 2020, 07:17pm) *
One of the things that creeps me out is the great deference shown to them by the media. News readers completely change their voices, and facial expressions whenever they discuss a member of the royals. I think most of them are hypocrites or perhaps it is in their contracts that they have to cow tow.

I can't imagine how they'll cope when Lizzy finally kicks the bucket. wink.gif

I'm glad i don't watch much terrestrial TV, when it happens it will be business as usual for me, here is an interesting watch during your coffee break.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC5hzJNWIrY

Sorry for posting that link Danny but it would take me ages to explain it. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
taurus
post 5th Mar 2020, 10:09am
Post #71

City Key Holder
well I`m thinking if she lives as long as her mother I could easily be away before her and that really annoys me,for I want to be around for it. I want to see the new king and his queen,am I to be denied this I wonder.

+Quote Post
zascot
post 5th Mar 2020, 11:43am
Post #72

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 612
I think they should forget Charles and William and make Edward Queen. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Take only photos. Leave only footprints. Kill only time.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 5th Mar 2020, 12:57pm
Post #73

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (zascot @ 5th Mar 2020, 11:43am) *
I think they should forget Charles and William and make Edward Queen. biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

+Quote Post
carmella
post 5th Mar 2020, 02:24pm
Post #74

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
QUOTE (zascot @ 5th Mar 2020, 11:43am) *

Oh you’re just a wee bugger! laugh.gif thumbup.gif

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
taurus
post 5th Mar 2020, 08:23pm
Post #75

City Key Holder
love it Zascot ! nothing like a laugh out loud to start my morning.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th Apr 2020

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.