Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wonder Weans!, Pictures of ourselves 12 years and under.
JAGZ1876
post 7th Nov 2015, 07:14pm
Post #31

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
Right, it's my turn, here is me in between my Brother and Mother on holiday in Rothesay during the Glasgow fair either 1961 or 1962.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rab
post 7th Nov 2015, 07:16pm
Post #32

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 13,266
More hair then than I have now! yes.gif Wee Rab, 6 months. Fortrose St. Partick.
If this disnae win the Most Cuddly Wean prize, am no playing! tongue.gif PS: I'm still cuddly! biggrin.gif
Attached Image

--------------------
Back to using my original name... Rab

+Quote Post
Rab
post 7th Nov 2015, 07:33pm
Post #33

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 13,266
Attached ImageRab a wee bit older, just before High School. I canny believe them lugs - and where has all that hair gone??

--------------------
Back to using my original name... Rab

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 7th Nov 2015, 08:48pm
Post #34

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
Nice to see you Betsy; look like a quiet wee girl. Thanks for your response to my apology.

Jagz' the look on your face tells me you've just bought a Saturday Evening Times, sports edition and Partick Thistle lost again to some wee obscure team like Queen of the South after beating Rangers the previous week. Part of the 'joy' of being a Jags fan.

Rab, big lugs are a sign that you were a cheeky wee beggar and your Mum was always skelping you across the lugs. Hope that was your first set of teeth!

Regards to All

Danny

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 7th Nov 2015, 10:34pm
Post #35

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (DannyH @ 7th Nov 2015, 08:56pm) *
Jagz' the look on your face tells me you've just bought a Saturday Evening Times, sports edition and Partick Thistle lost again to some wee obscure team like Queen of the South after beating Rangers the previous week. Part of the 'joy' of being a Jags fan.

Danny

Close season during the Ferr Danny laugh.gif more likely (if you look at the pavement) it's raining again, even the guy in the backgrounds playing putting with his raincoat on. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
RonD
post 8th Nov 2015, 01:53am
Post #36

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,783
I'm glad to see this catch on. i was wondering when I saw 72 readers but no other pics. You're all looking good and we would love to have more. so if you were a wonder wean or a bonnie bairn get on here and prove it.!

--------------------
Bad luck, emotional blackmail, soppy sentiments, no matter what ! The chain letter stops here!

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 8th Nov 2015, 03:17pm
Post #37

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
Attached Image

This is me at 5 years old in 1954 when I auditioned for the film "Tarzan, the Portobello years" huh.gif

I didn't get the part and I still blame those woollen knitted swimming trunks, not very glamorous eh blush.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post
RonD
post 8th Nov 2015, 03:46pm
Post #38

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,783
Great pic, funny you should say Tarzan, that rock behind you looks like a lion! I loved Portobello. I used to look out to the North Sea and and I would squint and try and see Holland (at least where I thought where it should be).

--------------------
Bad luck, emotional blackmail, soppy sentiments, no matter what ! The chain letter stops here!

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 9th Nov 2015, 11:44pm
Post #39

Mega City Key Holder
Hi Ashfield

I always thought the people from Possil were a wee bit stange, including my relatives, but were you diving in the correct direction? Is that not the water behind you? I have heard of head bangers, but that is ridiculous! Did you go to the audition with your head bandaged?

Regards

Danny

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 10th Nov 2015, 08:44am
Post #40

Mega City Key Holder
Danny, thanks for your concern but there was nothing to worry about. The sea was (and probably still is rolleyes.gif ) in the direction I was pointing, my cousin took the photo from a small rowing boat. We were at one end of the bay in Portobello. Apart from that, I only learned to move forward in water (can't bring myself to call it swimming) in my late 30s so thee was never any chance of me diving anywhere tongue.gif

We, my older two brothers and me, did need medical attention that day though. My cousin was in shallow water with the boat so we all paddled over to him, and we all sustained cuts in our feet sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 10th Nov 2015, 12:25pm
Post #41

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (ashfield @ 10th Nov 2015, 08:52am) *
Danny, thanks for your concern but there was nothing to worry about. The sea was (and probably still is :rolleyes: ) in the direction I was pointing, my cousin took the photo from a small rowing boat. We were at one end of the bay in Portobello. Apart from that, I only learned to move forward in water (can't bring myself to call it swimming) in my late 30s so thee was never any chance of me diving anywhere :P

We, my older two brothers and me, did need medical attention that day though. My cousin was in shallow water with the boat so we all paddled over to him, and we all sustained cuts in our feet :(

Hello Ashfield

Thank you for taking my post in the spirit it was intended.You were a good looking wee guy. It must have been something in the water in Possil!

That was a bad experience, something you never forget.

Like you I had a bad experinece there too. I was just a toddler, but I still remember, going under the water and being pulled up by somebody.

Regards

Danny

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 10th Nov 2015, 03:28pm
Post #42

Mega City Key Holder
Danny, thinking back I was probably praying for the sun to come out laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.