Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

32 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Do You Believe In Ufo's ?
Rabbie
post 28th Nov 2009, 11:23am
Post #31

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,794
QUOTE (okhen? @ 28th Nov 2009, 09:42am) *
Aye CMGiro, they looked like that only in a different formation.

Rabbie,

course they're oot there daftie, did ye know hear? The worlds ending in 2012, they're stakin us oot.

Richt, that's ett. Ah'm cadging a lift oot o' here!

The number o' wee green men and flying saucers = booze consumed 2^

1 pint = 1 green man
2 pint = 4 green men
3 pint = 9 green men an a flying saucer or twa
4 pint = 16 green men, jordan begins to look better
5 pint = bankrupt, seen the prices these days?

We arnea alane, it's a fairly big place, but thurrs no any intelligent life in the local neighbourhood,

Anything wi an ounce o' dugwit wid huv flittit.

Can ye imagine having us lot for neighbours? The radio wave pollution is terrible. Maybe they are away tae see Darth Vader tae git an ASBO placed on Earth.

Come tae think o' eet... Ah'm sure ah saw The Death Star last nicht.

--------------------
Black holes are where God divided by zero.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
carmella
post 28th Nov 2009, 01:36pm
Post #32

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
As I've said, I don't believe in flying saucers. But, on a further note, my logic will not allow me to believe that the Earth is the only planet which is inhabited by people (of whatever description). I can seen where there may be life outside our Solar System, where - I have no idea.

For me, it's just something I've thought about often, i.e. why should earth be the only planet in this or other Solar Systems which has life - and my answer [to myself] has to be 'it is not!"

I could be very wrong of course, and given the vast distances, I doubt I (or anyone else) will ever know.

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
Rabbie
post 28th Nov 2009, 02:39pm
Post #33

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,794
Yer no wrang Carmella, there will be life elsewhere.

I wid consider it pretty arrogant if humans considered themselves the unique lifeform in the universe. Miind ye there ur some pretty "unique" specimens hingin' aroont the streets.

It may be surprising tae ken here are planets being dicovered quite often these days.

They cannot be seen directly,as they are droont oot in in the glare. However due to orbital / rotational preturbations of the hosting star, their existance can be inferred, from this their mass and distance from parent star calculated.
Maths does have it's uses! It took me a while to embrace it, glad it did, well the engineering / applied aspects of it anyway! Ah hate statistics, its deid boring, jist like the pofaced, eggheidit numpties that bandy them arrond tae try an brainwaash the unwary.

Richt, whurr was ah..

So far, we have not discovered any planets that may be in the eco zone for life as we know it. Howver, I feel thats it's only a matter of time before we do.

With our current space travel technology the the universe is a big place to nip aroond, and neawan hus invented near light speed travel fur humans. It takes a shed load of energy to get an wee atom of matter to get anywhere near light speed. Yea seen the size o that CERN particle accelerator, ah widnea like their lecky bill.

Photons dinnea have mass, they play by different rules! Clever wee buggers, so they are.

--------------------
Black holes are where God divided by zero.

+Quote Post
Heather
post 28th Nov 2009, 02:40pm
Post #34

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 664
I also think it's possible there are other Planets out there and we are not the only people inhabiting this world.
As I don't know for sure, I keep an open mind about it.

The same applies to UFOs. They might exist, and it's possible we are being watched by people from another Planet taking note of what a mess we've made of Planet Earth and learning from our mistakes. unsure.gif

--------------------
Heather.......I'm tartan. Alba gu Brath. Saor Alba

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 28th Nov 2009, 03:28pm
Post #35

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
QUOTE (Heather @ 28th Nov 2009, 03:38pm) *
... and we are not the only people inhabiting this world.
As I don't know for sure, I keep an open mind about it

You and me too rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”
― Joseph Heller, God Knows

+Quote Post
kerry4652
post 28th Nov 2009, 03:59pm
Post #36

City Key Holder
Member No.: 7,585
I was just imagining some other planet wae it's yobs wae 3 eyes, in their heads,four arms and five legs aw standing at street corners wae carryoots but could we then twin it wae Paisley.

+Quote Post
murn
post 28th Nov 2009, 04:32pm
Post #37

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,825
well don't know about Paisley bit a know for sure there are quite a lot of aliens in London even saw wan wae a dalek rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Rab-oldname
post 28th Nov 2009, 04:59pm
Post #38

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 413
I remember a cartoon I saw in Playboy over 30 years ago. I don't know why, but it still makes me laugh when I think of it.
It shows 2 aliens stepping from their 'flying saucer' onto a steet in some Earth town. One says to the other ................................................................ ................................................................................
............................. wait for it! ..................................................... Wait for it! ................................................................................

'Thats one small step for a Snarg. One giant leap for Snargkind'

Attached Image

+Quote Post
murn
post 28th Nov 2009, 05:42pm
Post #39

Mega City Key Holder
one of my favorite short movies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oF18rk_H0Y

+Quote Post
kerry4652
post 28th Nov 2009, 06:30pm
Post #40

City Key Holder
Now you mention it murn, ah wis hivin a pint wae ma pal Dal the day an ah asked if if he believed in UFOs as we were discussing it on here. He says.....Eeeet eees total peeeeeesh if they do appear I weeeel exterminate exterminate. He's a good laugh when he's had a few beers.

+Quote Post
eyebright
post 28th Nov 2009, 06:52pm
Post #41

Resident
Member No.: 7,457
On Earth it is known for its good value skiing, its Black Sea resorts and its proud Slavic culture. But Bulgaria’s fame stretches far beyond our own planet, it seems: the country’s space research institute claims it is in contact with aliens.

And the researchers say they have already posed the extra-terrestrials 30 questions, one of which might have been: ‘Didn’t you think of getting in touch with Nasa first?’

Clearly the aliens’ in-flight movies during their trek across the Milky Way did not include any Hollywood blockbusters.

The Bulgarian researchers are now analysing pictograms contained in 150 crop circles which have appeared around the globe in the past year.

The team believe the field markings contain the answers to the posers they beamed into Space. Lachezar Filipov, deputy director of the space research institute, said: ‘Aliens are currently all around us and are watching us all the time.

They are not hostile towards us, rather, they want to help us but we have not grown enough in order to establish direct contact with them.

‘They are ready to help us but we don’t know what to request from them in case of contact.’

Mr Filipov said he believed humans and aliens would have direct contact in the next ten to 15 years. But it would be through telepathy rather than radio waves, he added.

Even then, we might not see eye-to-eye with them, he warned. Referring to our interference with nature, he said: ‘Extraterrestrials are critical of people’s amoral behaviour.’

And you all think the rest of the world is cloud cookoo land lol.

+Quote Post
glasgow lass
post 28th Nov 2009, 07:48pm
Post #42

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,697
QUOTE (kerry4652 @ 28th Nov 2009, 07:28pm) *
Now you mention it murn, ah wis hivin a pint wae ma pal Dal the day an ah asked if if he believed in UFOs as we were discussing it on here. He says.....Eeeet eees total peeeeeesh if they do appear I weeeel exterminate exterminate. He's a good laugh when he's had a few beers.

a-haaaaaaa! nice photy>>>>>>good lookin robot.

+Quote Post
kerry4652
post 28th Nov 2009, 08:03pm
Post #43

City Key Holder
QUOTE (eyebright @ 28th Nov 2009, 07:50pm) *
On Earth it is known for its good value skiing, its Black Sea resorts and its proud Slavic culture. But Bulgaria’s fame stretches far beyond our own planet, it seems: the country’s space research institute claims it is in contact with aliens.

The Bulgarian researchers are now analysing pictograms contained in 150 crop circles which have appeared around the globe in the past year.

The team believe the field markings contain the answers to the posers they beamed into Space. Lachezar Filipov, deputy director of the space research institute, said: ‘Aliens are currently all around us and are watching us all the time.

‘They are ready to help us but we don’t know what to request from them in case of contact.’

Mr Filipov said he believed humans and aliens would have direct contact in the next ten to 15 years. But it would be through telepathy rather than radio waves, he added.

Even then, we might not see eye-to-eye with them, he warned. Referring to our interference with nature, he said: ‘Extraterrestrials are critical of people’s amoral behaviour.’

And you all think the rest of the world is cloud cookoo land lol.

Ah wonder if they hiv been taking opictures and mean ma wee hoose in Bulgaria, there definitely are a few strange characters appear there on a regular basis but they are mostly just drunken eejits.

We don't dae crop circles just drunken binges.

Ah'm gonnae be mair careful coming oot the shower over there now.

Glasgow Lasss don't gie Dal any encouragement, he's got burdz coming oot his ears aw the wummin touch him up, noo if only ah could get a few gold plooks like his and a sucker, a pointer and a thing that hauds a piece of chalk ah could be a bird puller.

+Quote Post
murn
post 28th Nov 2009, 08:30pm
Post #44

Mega City Key Holder
noo I wisnae gonny mention the Bulgaria connection bit it is becoming more convincing that they are living amongst us. Dalek friends, Bulgaria, emmm, ur you wan of they 'green' men huh.gif

+Quote Post
glasgow lass
post 28th Nov 2009, 09:15pm
Post #45

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,697
The wee green men are aw inside the becks bottles

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th Aug 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.