Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Swapping Scraps, playtime fun
Java
post 17th Nov 2007, 08:45am
Post #46

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,211
Whit aboot the babies? Wis there sets o' the babies or jist one size?

--------------------
A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
penny dainty
post 17th Nov 2007, 11:44am
Post #47

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,591
wee ones , hmm well java Ill look but I'm not sure. I do have the big ones though , yes Ianmy I can wait , I've waited a long time for a wee swappie so a bit longer wont matter.Think the babies only came in one size Java.

--------------------
Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

+Quote Post
Java
post 20th Dec 2007, 04:10pm
Post #48

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,211
Ah've jist sorted mine oot and ah've a lot of doublers...if anybody wants them, gie me a shout and ah'll send a list of whit ah have.....biggrin.gif

--------------------
A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails...

+Quote Post
Chookie
post 20th Dec 2007, 05:10pm
Post #49

City Key Holder
Member No.: 318
Haven’t seen this thread before and enjoying a wee read. Had the strangest sensation looking at the sheets of scraps posted….Ah wis a wee lassie hame fae jist hivin’ bought a new sheet at Greta Brown's Newsagent shoap in Kent Road….a rare and big deal tae me (an’ ma Mammy!)…an’ Ah felt the same feelin’ Ah hid back then….no’ quite awe but sumfim close tae it....wonder, mebbe. Felt gey weird so it did. Must go and look oot my scrap book. It came to Canada wi’ me. Ah know where it is…in a box in my storage area, aka Glory Hole aka Midden aka Fibber McGee’s closet….but findin’ it’ll be something else. Might be a while afore Ah get back in here!

Ah hiv some treasures....old-fashioned pre-war lovelies gied tae me by ma mammy's pal lo these many moons ago!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Ahcumfiglesga

+Quote Post
Isobel
post 20th Dec 2007, 08:35pm
Post #50

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 33
Sorry to say I dont have any scraps. They used to be such a big part on my childhood. Dont know what ever happened to my collection.Many a happy hour was spent on the stair head swapping scraps. Two or three of us would gather in the close and how happy we were then, such simple pleasures.

--------------------
From Glasgow now in Canada

+Quote Post
penny dainty
post 6th Jan 2008, 11:37am
Post #51

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,591
I posted some photos of some of my old scraps in the gallery , I dont know how to put a photo in to a particular topic.

--------------------
Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

+Quote Post
mrssnuffy
post 12th Feb 2010, 02:16pm
Post #52

Super Visitor
Member No.: 8,120
Can you believe I just gave my 25 year old niece my old sweetie box full of scraps, some which belonged to my Mum from the 1900s? She was fascinated with them.

+Quote Post
glasgow lass
post 12th Feb 2010, 02:23pm
Post #53

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,697
QUOTE (mrssnuffy @ 12th Feb 2010, 02:14pm) *
Can you believe I just gave my 25 year old niece my old sweetie box full of scraps, some which belonged to my Mum from the 1900s? She was fascinated with them.

FANTASTIC ! that you have passed the scraps on for another to enjoy. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
eyebright
post 12th Feb 2010, 03:56pm
Post #54

Resident
Member No.: 7,457
There was wee ones to them Java and middle size ones if I remember rightly. So a set would be all three.

+Quote Post
mairead
post 24th Sep 2014, 08:23am
Post #55

Super Resident
Member No.: 26,634
Well that brought back some happy memories, even sitting on the cauld stairs swapping.
Simple pleasures right enough. Some of the newer ones I don't remember but the cherubs on the clouds were some of my favourites. They go back nearly 70years I would think 'cos it's that long since I was a wee lassie.

--------------------
The bluebell of Scotland is hanging her head
The Lion, once Rampant, in lying like dead

+Quote Post
CAT
post 24th Sep 2014, 09:10am
Post #56

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,390
See Mairead there's so much more to the GG boards than the political debate. Have fun exploring all the topics and memories. I love it biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
ktv
post 24th Sep 2014, 09:56am
Post #57

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,730
my 3 big sisters had literally millions of these and till this day I still find them in the pages of books in my mums house lol

seen the wee baby on the cloud thing only the other week there.

+Quote Post
mairead
post 24th Sep 2014, 07:20pm
Post #58

Super Resident
Member No.: 26,634
Oh I'll get around Cat. Just takes me a wee bitae time to master a new board. I live in an isolated area so love to chat on forums. thumbup.gif

--------------------
The bluebell of Scotland is hanging her head
The Lion, once Rampant, in lying like dead

+Quote Post
*Billy Boil*
post 4th Nov 2014, 02:06pm
Post #59

QUOTE (Isobel @ 20th Dec 2007, 08:52pm) *
Sorry to say I dont have any scraps. They used to be such a big part on my childhood. Dont know what ever happened to my collection.Many a happy hour was spent on the stair head swapping scraps. Two or three of us would gather in the close and how happy we were then, such simple pleasures.

There has been a large revival of "Scrapbooking" here in Australia. I am aware of this because my wife is into all sorts of traditional arts and crafts, decorative sewing, jewellery making and teaching these skills to others. There are many and varied "traditional crafts" available in our not so small country town.

Incidentally my wife is from a much smaller Canadian country town where in the time of her child hood traditional crafts were what they lived by. We lived and worked most of our lives in Melbourne and although it is a wonderful city there was not the diversity of interests that occur in the country. Then again in the city the distractions are many.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th Sep 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.