Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who is playing?
TeeHeeHee
post 26th Aug 2011, 11:46am
Post #16

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
QUOTE (Rab @ 26th Aug 2011, 11:24am) *
... Its not just about answering posts, it is about starting threads, using a bit of brain, doing a bit of research, and putting a bit of effort into giving others some interest ...

Thats very true Rab.
I; a non-Christian, fired up a topic on Cathedrals after first tying up with Cash-ma-Giro and Wee Davy who gave me the original idea. I spent months building a file of pictoral and historical detail to keep it interesting and even included some controversial points to encourage arguement or discussion. Unfortunately my computer crashed and it took a long time to get it up and running again and it crashed again ... and again ... as did the replacement, so I put the one, which I'm now using, together from bits of both.
All the cathedral data is on the original pc which means to access it I'd have to take bits out of this one and ... and .... and ...
The topic died the death through no further input ... same with that other (for me) great topic which Cash fired up; the Art topic.
Cash was accused of starting too many topics... Hellooohh. ... an old and not in best of health member who tried his best to add some interest to the boards and get some people laughin' - thinkin' or argueing the toss. Now he's gone. Some of his topics were controversial; and what's wrong with that, but never insulting ... and he felt forced to leave at the end of it all.
A wee man who with walkin' difficulties walked around Glasgow to take before and after pictures for this board and was eventually hounded off for his religious take on things.
That was unforgivable.

All due respect and buckets of thanks go to Norrie who has taken on the immense task of keeping Ross McKenzie's great thread alive and well; otherwise, who knows where that might have gone ... and while I'm here; and bein' nice for a change, another merci buckets to Wee Davy who, inspite of illness, does his best to keep us entertained - and doesn't mind gettin' the odd slaggin' in between tongue.gif biggrin.gif

Input ... input ... input ... come on guys, gies a laff ... or somethin' tae think aboot biggrin.gif

--------------------
Wait a minute ... I've got my eye on a burd.

... Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend ...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
glasgow lass
post 26th Aug 2011, 11:55am
Post #17

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,697
No Rab am not saying that at all but since your asking I will say that I prefer to read the shorter posts that holds my interest, posts about everyday life, and a few lines are fine as thats where my interest is caught,,,right at the begining. As we know it only takes a few interesting words and a post can snowball, right Rab. smile.gif

+Quote Post
glasgow lass
post 26th Aug 2011, 12:02pm
Post #18

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,697
I love norries fotys Tee as he jist pits them up wae a few wurds to explain and thats how I like it, but thats jist me !, there are the few/or the many who love the big details tho, and thats fine also. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Dave Grieve
post 26th Aug 2011, 12:12pm
Post #19

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,005
I have found when posting some of my stories is that there is no reaction or even any comments I could tell a lot more but the impression I get is that a lot of the members cant relate to what I post and unless you keep to a familiar glesga topic you are typing into thin air so to speak dry.gif

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 26th Aug 2011, 12:30pm
Post #20

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 26th Aug 2011, 02:58pm) *
I have found when posting some of my stories is that there is no reaction or even any comments I could tell a lot more but the impression I get is that a lot of the members cant relate to what I post and unless you keep to a familiar glesga topic you are typing into thin air so to speak dry.gif

Whiles the only wey tae get a response is tae say sumthin provocative. Mind you ah´ve nivir tried thon. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 26th Aug 2011, 12:38pm
Post #21

Mega City Key Holder
I have found when posting some of my stories is that there is no reaction or even any comments

Don't let that put y' aff Dave. rolleyes.gif

A call to Martin (GG) ... I can't begin to imagine what difficulties are involved in organising such a thing as a web site but I've always wondered if when using the "Search" options it might not be possible to include a "Search by Topic" option. I know there is a "See member's topics" option but I don't mean that.
On most occasions when I use the search option I get sometimes up to 48 pages of unrelated stuff which simply includes one or more of the words used in the search. This can be tedious and very off-puting where as a "Topic Search" option would drastically reduce the amount of dross one has to sift through to find a suitable topic to match the element desired to be posted.
Like I say, I have absolutely no idea if such an option might be possible but it certainly might be practical.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 26th Aug 2011, 12:40pm
Post #22

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 26th Aug 2011, 01:16pm) *
Whiles the only wey tae get a response is tae say sumthin provocative. Mind you ah´ve nivir tried thon. rolleyes.gif

Yeah, you an' me both, Bill. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
angel
post 26th Aug 2011, 12:49pm
Post #23

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,675
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 26th Aug 2011, 11:58am) *

I do agree with your post Dan , there is'nt much interest fom the members on the boards , on Topics outside of Glasgow / Scotland ,
there are of course a few who may reply but those are exceptions,
it's just to bad , makes the boards all one sided . smile.gif

--------------------
donate to your local food bank .
Pat.

+Quote Post
Dave Grieve
post 26th Aug 2011, 01:48pm
Post #24

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Rab @ 25th Aug 2011, 12:03pm) *
Is there really only 6 of us interested in being on here?
For the umpteenth time - can some of you lot out there participate in this board!
Yes, I'm having a bad day.
mad.gif

Just checked 23 replies to this topic made by 7 members while there are 57 people looking at the site

+Quote Post
Dave Grieve
post 26th Aug 2011, 01:50pm
Post #25

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (angel @ 26th Aug 2011, 02:35pm) *
I do agree with your post Dan , there is'nt much interest fom the members on the boards , on Topics outside of Glasgow / Scotland ,
there are of course a few who may reply but those are exceptions,
it's just to bad , makes the boards all one sided . smile.gif

Hi Angel
I might be desperate sometimes but i'me definetly not Dan biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 26th Aug 2011, 03:02pm
Post #26

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 26th Aug 2011, 03:34pm) *
Just checked 23 replies to this topic made by 7 members while there are 57 people looking at the site

But remember, the 57 could be the same folk looking in more than once. And that's now 8 and 26 smile.gif

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post
angel
post 26th Aug 2011, 03:41pm
Post #27

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,675

Hi Angel
I might be desperate sometimes but i'me definetly not Dan biggrin.gif

My apologies Dave, just another wee senior moment on my part. unsure.gif

--------------------
donate to your local food bank .
Pat.

+Quote Post
Jim D
post 26th Aug 2011, 04:34pm
Post #28

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 91
There are some threads which naturally run their course. The Cathedral one was good and I managed to contribute with a few photo's. That was just luck, as i had just returned from holiday and took some photo's in Dublin. I like to think that people will make a constructive contribution when it is a subject they are interested in. You cannot force people to do so. That only alienates them.

I enjoy Norries walks but I also think it could also stand alone, in it's own thread, as he kindly lets us know where he has been rather than guessing - and never getting the answer. But what would then happen to "Where am I?"

--------------------
Jim D

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit - NO man is at all hours wise.

+Quote Post
Rab-oldname
post 26th Aug 2011, 05:41pm
Post #29

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 413
QUOTE (Rab @ 26th Aug 2011, 01:32pm) *
G Lass. I can't accept that out of 9,000 + members + visitors, we cannot have a lot more participation on this board. Its just lack of interest or canny be bothered. If we all showed this attitude, there would be no board. Its time for a shake-up/wake-up!

What happened here? Och, never mind - ignore it!

*I may be in a better frame of mind tomorrow as I have just heard I can exchange contracts next Tuesday - hooray!. I still think we need some work on here. Attached Image

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 26th Aug 2011, 05:49pm
Post #30

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
Quality, Rab - not quantity ! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th Sep 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.