Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

15 Pages V  « < 13 14 15  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Do You - Did You - Have A Pet?, Tell us about the wee character here
Rating 5 V
davidhendry
post 25th Dec 2014, 04:05am
Post #211

Super Resident
Member No.: 7,214
QUOTE (wellfield @ 24th Dec 2014, 06:36pm) *
Hi David......I've had 5 boxers through the years!.....Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Guess whit ma dug can sing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A very merry Christmas to you and yours, C.

Davie.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
*Anna Mossity*
post 30th Dec 2014, 11:53pm
Post #212

I have "pet worshipers" next door to me. Up until last month they had 3 rat terriers who howl scream bitch and yip to such degree that the ruin my quality of life. One of them after 5 years into its use by date, when it became senile diseased and was kept around for sentimental reasons that in view of its condition (they even had it operated on for cancer) amounted to cruelty. They even had it cremated and the little spoiled rat now proudly sit on its own shelf in the front parlour. Pet lovers are not animal lovers they are narcissists substituting owner ship of an animal for lack of personality.

One down two to go!

+Quote Post
mairead
post 31st Dec 2014, 09:29am
Post #213

Super Resident
Member No.: 26,634
What a horrible way to think Anna Mossity. If you had cancer would you expect just to suffer it? If you become senile should you be put down?. Many people's pets are their friends and their family and if your neighbour's dogs were causing such a nuisance to you maybe you deserved it with that attitude though I think you are exaggerating the problem and are just an animal hater. For many elderly folk and many lonely people, their pet is their only companion. You sound so bitter I suspect you could come into the lonely category.

--------------------
The bluebell of Scotland is hanging her head
The Lion, once Rampant, in lying like dead

+Quote Post
mairead
post 31st Dec 2014, 09:45am
Post #214

Super Resident
Over the years since I was 5 years old and got my first puppy, I have had 15 dogs, two cats, numerous rabbits, birds and fish, and wild ferret that my son found battered. It became the best pal of my border collie. All my animals lived to old age bar one who took ill and died as a pup. One of my dogs live to be 16 and one of the cats to be 23. Some of my dogs were rescue dogs. I raised five sons through the years and they all grew up with animal friends. At present, I have a rescued Lab and I .am feeding a wild Pine marten and Red Squirells in the garden (I live in a forest) and hundreds of wee birds. Thy give hours of amusement to me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dave Grieve
post 31st Dec 2014, 11:34am
Post #215

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,005
I can sympathise to some extent with Anna Mossity's complaining about the yappers living next door to him, but really its the owners to blame not the dogs, its the easiest thing in the world to get dogs to stop barking if you as the owner can be bothered, like Mairead we have had countless pets over the years mainly dogs and I can honestly say not one gave any of our neighbours cause for complaint.
The last house we had was a regular Pets Cemetery with dogs buried all over the garden, all of them natural deaths mainly old age I have to add.
I feel sorry for people that haven't experienced the loyalty and affection a pet can give you and who knows perhaps in their own way they also love you in return?

Right now we have three dogs running about two miniature Dobermans and a Pug and they certainly add something to our family. thumbup.gif

+Quote Post
petunia
post 31st Dec 2014, 01:20pm
Post #216

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 6,822
When I read anna mosity's piece my first reaction was there is someone who is a very unhappy person with her/his nasty remarks on people with animals but then I thought to myself not all people are animal lovers but her/his remarks on the people who are and who have animals was unnecessary. I have had animals all my life and I also have a pet cemetery in the woods beside me with my cats I had for over 20 years buried there and one that my husband took off the road after being killed as for barking I have two dogs that bark when someone comes near the house, I live in a rural area so like it as it alerts me to anyone around. Mairead your remarks on post 213 were right on the mark I think.

+Quote Post
taurus
post 1st Jan 2015, 09:26am
Post #217

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 12,391
I miss my beautiful Staffie who died in 2002,I could cry right now remembering the love and comfort he brought to my life.

+Quote Post
Dylan
post 1st Jan 2015, 09:50am
Post #218

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,936
My last dog was a wee Staffie bitch, Tess .

Had to have her put down due to age.

Kept her too long.

Wept buckets.

--------------------
You don't need a weatherman
To know which way the wind blows

+Quote Post
mairead
post 1st Jan 2015, 04:02pm
Post #219

Super Resident
Know the feeling Dylan. Been there so many times.

--------------------

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 13 14 15
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th Sep 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.