Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Us Presidential Election, Why not discuss personal selection
buntyq
post 3rd Nov 2004, 01:05am
Post #1

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 15
As I type the TV is reporting the results of the polls. My reason for writing is that I find that there is a great reluctance among people to discuss whom they will vote for in the presidential election. Is this only true of the U.S.?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
August26
post 3rd Nov 2004, 01:26am
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 898
Bunty:
Not us we have had a Kerry/Edwards sign on my car for over a month, it's a bumper sticker, not on the bumper in the back window, we don't like permanent stickers on our car, we also usually have the yard signs.
I find it interesting that in predominatly Black area's there's a problem with voters whose voter registration's were not recorded, this stinks of the Bush/Florida situation, what are they doing, spreading what they did in Florida 4 years ago throughout the country.

August

--------------------
Martin's Tartan Army

+Quote Post
Barbara
post 3rd Nov 2004, 02:09am
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
From: Washington State USA Squished in between the Columbia River and the Pacific Ocean
Member No.: 10
I didn't vote at all this year. Hubby did.

Am I lame for not doing it? Maybe. But I have a theory. It's all rigged, the cheeze whizes are gonna put who they want in there no matter what little hole I punch on my card.

Does this put a gag on me? Will some people say, "Well Barb, you didn't vote, you have no right to complain if you don't like your Pres?"

I truely think the people lost their voice many years ago and reading the Constitution makes me weep because we are right back to the place our forefathers ran from.

+Quote Post
Catherine
post 3rd Nov 2004, 02:22am
Post #4

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 57
Oh you better run afore bunty an August pick thersels up aff the flerr Barbara ...quick....while they're still in shock laugh.gif

Seriously,I tend to keep it to myself bunty, Geoff and I agree to disagree on Politics, but I'm right an he's wrong..he jist disnae listen to me so why bother.
One day he'll see the light God love him. Until then I'll argue a blackcraw white.

--------------------
Oh ahv jist fun anither button...

+Quote Post
buntyq
post 3rd Nov 2004, 02:27am
Post #5

Mega City Key Holder
Thanks, August, for your comments. I drove into one of the many new sub divisions and every other house had a Bush/Cheney sticker. Didn't surprise me that he won Georgia. After all, this is the bible belt and he calls himself a born again Christian.

+Quote Post
buntyq
post 3rd Nov 2004, 03:04am
Post #6

Mega City Key Holder
Catherine, when I lived in Scotland we had friends our own age over on a Sunday night and we would argie bargie about everything, politics and Home Rule for Scotland being a favorite. It was during the war and my mother's main concern, poor soul, was that she couldn't offer a cup of tea - rations, ye know. Although I ddn't like the format of these presidential debates, they told us a lot about the two men. John Kerry thinks on his feet and George Bush relies on what is written for him. And, by the way, who was minding the store while Bush was flying all over the country on Air Force One, which, incidentally is paid for with our money?

+Quote Post
sawlogger
post 3rd Nov 2004, 04:15am
Post #7

Unpacking
Member No.: 1,532
I am rooting for John Kerry as are many other Canadians. It boggles my mind how the American public does not get it. They are led like sheep by the Bush administration. Around the world Bush is disliked. I know he will be re-elected. The next four years will be rough. Americans wake up please!

+Quote Post
August26
post 3rd Nov 2004, 05:43am
Post #8

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 898
Barbara:
Catherine is right I'm ashamed of you.

August

--------------------
Martin's Tartan Army

+Quote Post
Barbara
post 3rd Nov 2004, 02:38pm
Post #9

Mega City Key Holder
From: Washington State USA Squished in between the Columbia River and the Pacific Ocean
Aaaawwww shucks August don't be ashamed of me.

I'll give you a little example of where our vote went in this county a few years ago. On the ballot was the reversal of a car tax fee. The people passed it and then we were told that a judge dismissed it entirely saying it was not worded correctly.

What the people wanted and voted for was thrown in the toilet. Kinda takes all the fun out of voting.

I do appreciate everyones right to vote tho.

I'm thinking I meant the Declaration of Indepenence rather than the Consitution. We were to memorize the first part in high school. I'd almost forgotten.

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

Didn't make all that much sense when I was 17, but it does now.

August ............ wub.gif

+Quote Post
buntyq
post 3rd Nov 2004, 02:47pm
Post #10

Mega City Key Holder
August, although it looks like our choice wont be in the White House, I for one am proud of John Kerry. We had an intelligent, articulate man speak for us. He would have made a good leader.

+Quote Post
itsforu
post 3rd Nov 2004, 04:20pm
Post #11

Settling In
Member No.: 1,538
What a strange Glasgow board . The U.S. elections ? Who cares . American politics are so bland . No leader with any type of p-ersonality . Neither one of them is fit to be president of one of their high schools , let alone their country . It is truly amazing that in a country of over 300,000,000 people the best they could come up with is two mediocre men of little talent and plenty of money .

+Quote Post
Marion Dougan
post 3rd Nov 2004, 04:30pm
Post #12

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 206
Itsforu..... Alias?????? come on own up, yev'e bin here afore. Stop knocking the USA. WE HAVE ENOUGH O YER KIND OAN HERE, FIND ANOTHER BOARD mad.gif

--------------------
Lang may yer Lum reek!!!

+Quote Post
Barbara
post 3rd Nov 2004, 04:44pm
Post #13

Mega City Key Holder
Itsforu......your a rude pig mad.gif but hey, that's ok.

This is a wonderfull chat board with many interests, nationalities and basically just a grand group of people.

+Quote Post
Thomas
post 9th Nov 2016, 11:06am
Post #14

City Key Holder
Member No.: 384
Resurrecting an old post not contributed to since 2004 but early this morning we witnessed the American Presidential elections and it’s being heralded as ‘a landslide victory’ for Donald Trump.

Trump wants to build a wall between Mexico and the US, he also wants to prevent Muslims from entering the US and he intends to repeal ‘Obamacare’ along with jailing Hilary Clinton over her apparent ‘email scandal’.

It appears that politics has taken a strange turn in the world we live, as opinion polls rarely seem to reflect the actual views of the electorate.

Do you think that Trump will make a good President?

--------------------
Exaltabo Te Domine

I will magnify thee O God

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 9th Nov 2016, 11:19am
Post #15

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
What would itsforyou make of this ? ( Post in 2004)

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th Sep 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.