Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

17 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Do You - Did You - Have A Pet?, Tell us about the wee character here
Rating 5 V
carmella
post 7th Jan 2009, 02:30pm
Post #16

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58

Attached Image

this is my wee boys. Bobby to the left and Bubbles to the right.

--------------------
Silence is a true friend who never betrays.

Confucius - Chinese Philosopher - [551bc-479bc]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
angel
post 7th Jan 2009, 05:04pm
Post #17

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,675
thats a nice photo ,Carmella. smile.gif

--------------------
donate to your local food bank .
Pat.

+Quote Post
olly12
post 7th Jan 2009, 07:08pm
Post #18

Visitor
Member No.: 6,105
we had a english collie for 16yrs she was amazing me and my younger brother still talk about her ,a lady i worked with asked me if i would have one of her dogs pups i said yes never asked my ma or da we hid her from our boss at work all day and i put her inside my blue nylon overall took her in the door my ma said to me whats that you have in your overall i said keep quite dad will hear you how the hell are you going to hide her from your da i said i will think of something then dad shouted in whats going on in their my ma said you had better tell him he wont let you keep it my da was dissabled and could go down very easy mum said what if it gets under his feet my heart just sank and daid to her i didnt think about thatanyway dad just looked at her and melted he said she can keep me company even tho he was dissabled he still worked long distance .he took lassie up the north of scotland and he lost her dad came home devasted we all cried all that week my young brother couldnt eat two wks llater at 5 in the morning she heard whimpering and got up to look and lo and behold their she was all tattered and torn weak mum got her in and started shouting lassies back we all jumped out of our beds it was the greatest thing that ever happeened to us we just loved her and she and we got her love back ten fold i still love and miss her after all those yrs now i have a lovell black lab who i love just as much A.H.

+Quote Post
wellfield
post 8th Jan 2009, 02:27am
Post #19

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,235
We've had 5 different boxer dogs over the last 30 year period

+Quote Post
wellfield
post 8th Jan 2009, 02:31am
Post #20

Mega City Key Holder
This was one of our many boxer's

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
wellfield
post 8th Jan 2009, 02:36am
Post #21

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (carmella @ 7th Jan 2009, 07:29am) *

Attached Image

this is my wee boys. Bobby to the left and Bubbles to the right.
Carmella,our neighbour had five just like yours all at the same time,you'd think you were in the jungle when someone knocked at the front door!

+Quote Post
buntyq
post 8th Jan 2009, 05:01pm
Post #22

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 15
Update on the critters in my home. Sweetie wet twice outsde his box and I knew that something had to be wrong. We took him to the vet and he had some crystals in his urine. This causes painful peeing. She also gave me some advice on where to place the two litter boxes since he could have been avoiding the one Charly uses. I wasn't sure of that because Suzy has two boxes and all her five boys take turns using them. While at the vet he had his updated rabies shot. Since he is an indoor cat, I would not do that again. When I brought him home he was more lethargic. Our neighbor had the same problem with her cats after their shots. He was so listless and wouldn't eat or drink so I had to take him back to the vet. Just in time. If I had waited another day he would have died with all the urine backed up in his body. They put a catheter in him and he stayed there over the weekend until she was sure he was out of danger. Vets are definitely not cheap in the US but we take on these animals as part of our familiy and their care is in our hands. He is on a different food from the vet which will prevent the crystals, as well as some meds. I give the same food to Charly.

Strange thing is that Charly, the new addition, doesn't seem to want to bother him. I gave her quite a bit of attention when he was in the vet instead of telling her to leave him alone. I wonder?

I am sure that Victoria Stillwell is a favorite among dog lovers in GB and now she is in the US helping families with their dogs. Animal Planet is one of my favorite shows.

+Quote Post
stuarty
post 9th Jan 2009, 01:27am
Post #23

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,972
I have always had some kind of animal in my life mostly dogs whiskey was a bitsa as a wee lassie he got runover with a side car a cried for months then corgy the cat she got run over also then jason he was with my mum until she had to give him away as the flats at bogeny would not allow dogs then they started to allow them then i had an afgan hound called scruffy oh he was so mighty handsome dog and won prizes at dog shows then a had a cat and another dog called mad max a had to give him away as he would not let any men in the house my ex husband being the main person then we got trudy1 she was my first yorkie she lived 13 years then when she went a got trudie 2 she is now 10years old oh and we had 2 budgies and 100es of marine fish and vertabraes and other exotic things in the tank i still have 116gallons of water it is still in use but onlt tropical fish in as marine were to expensive with the up keep oh and my chickens and khaki cambell ducks and a got so much plesure from them oh mice the boys wanted and am sure a have missed some pets it will come back to me eventually but this is my trudie 2 now or trudy anyway it is spelt she wont know will she ha ha oh and the fish in the pond but that is being filled in thisyear due to frogs killing the fish off trying to mate with them duh oh she has green eyes do you no think

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
gie me a wee minite

+Quote Post
MMJ
post 9th Jan 2009, 10:48am
Post #24

Visitor
Member No.: 4,247
So many Yorkshire Terriers!!
We've had several Yorkies over the years, and yes- there have been many happy times and broken hearts as they have passed on to the "Rainbow Bridge"... gone but never forgotten, as they say... Terry, Shayne, Jerry (1st), Trinkie, Corrie (2), Shona, Poppy. They mostly all died of old age.
At the moment we just have Jerry - hopefully we will get him a wee mate this year and have the happy yappy sound of puppies next year.
We also have two cats, William and Barnabas, a cockatiel called Spencer and a budgie, Bhoy.
Barnabas recently had his back leg amputated after an altercation with (we think) a car.

Jerry is a lovely dog in all ways - a real terrier, intelligent and lots of fun. And such a terrible sook!!!
This was him at Christmas - waiting for Santa.
Attached Image

--------------------
Tenei Te Tangata
Puhuru huru
Nana nei tiki mai
Whakawhiti te ra

+Quote Post
carmella
post 9th Jan 2009, 01:44pm
Post #25

Mega City Key Holder
All of these wee dogs are just adorable.

It is just awful when a pet dies. People who have never had a pet, no matter of what kind, just do not understand the heartache which comes with a death. We who do have pets, know what they give to us in our daily lives. We know all their little foybles, the cheeky and the funny things they do sometimes just to get our attention, or 'feed me - in case you forgot it's that time' hahaha.

Mine will push the dishes until I notice it's that time of day, even if I'm on the phone.

They bring such a lot of joy to our lives.

I would love to show you all of my dogs, but none of their pics are in my computer. The last pic is Bubbles lying sleeping on his back at the side of my desk in the office. The other is Bobby sleeping too - taken last year. Everywhere I go, they go.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
buntyq
post 9th Jan 2009, 08:56pm
Post #26

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 15
Charlyt is off doing something and is not trying to climb on to my lap as I sit at the computer. I was thinking of my brother's goldfish, Buster. This happened many, many years ago when we lived in Ardoch Street. We were going on holiday and my mother asked Mrs. Tough (that was her name) who lived next door, if she would watch Buster for my brother. Well, we came home and when my brother went to pick up Buster she wouldn't give him back. How do you tell a wee lad that he cant have his fish? My mother was mad but she saved the day and told Mrs. Tough she would go to the store and buy her a bowl and her very own goldfish. She did just that.

I love those wee Yorkies and would have loved a dog but when I travel I would have had to put the dog in a kennel and I would not want to do that.

Martin, this was a nice post. Brought back so many memories.

+Quote Post
MMJ
post 9th Jan 2009, 11:13pm
Post #27

Visitor
Member No.: 4,247
There's fancier versions of this on YouTube and other websites, but just reading the words is sad enough for me...

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

--------------------
Tenei Te Tangata
Puhuru huru
Nana nei tiki mai
Whakawhiti te ra

+Quote Post
stuarty
post 9th Jan 2009, 11:28pm
Post #28

Mega City Key Holder
great poem but if its true that all my animals will come back to me a will feel like st fransis of assisi and thats the truth a love all the pics of the yorkies mine is no a wee yap thank heavens as a know others that are but she taps things she wands and also she steals tic tacs from my bag and then flicks the box in the air until she opens the box then throws it up in the air to get them out and she loves extra strong mints the stronger the better the little dog with big big hearts they would take on the world to defend their owner wub.gif i did put my pictures in the images chats of the pet pictures

--------------------
gie me a wee minite

+Quote Post
carmella
post 10th Jan 2009, 03:09pm
Post #29

Mega City Key Holder
What a terrific poem, it's lovely. I would love to think that all my wee pets would be with me when I die, that would be true happiness.

I agree with Bunty about putting animals in kennels. In all the years I have had dogs, I have not done this once. When my parents were alive they would look after my dogs. We took them to my parent's house the morning or night before we left.

These days I have rarely gone away outside the UK, if I do go I take them with me. If outside the UK then I have a very good friend, or my nephew who comes to the house and stays with them. I'm lucky that way.,

If it meant putting them into kennels, the choice is easy, I just would not go away.

--------------------

+Quote Post
stuarty
post 10th Jan 2009, 04:13pm
Post #30

Mega City Key Holder
I have never put any of my dogs in kennels either a have either got my sons to look after her or because my sons were going away abrod lastyear the sametime i was going to scotland a took her with me she was great and was with me for 6weeks a stayed there because she was with me and a would have only stayed 2 weeks mnax because a would have missed her too much

--------------------
gie me a wee minite

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st Sep 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.