Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scotch Pie, Traditional Scottish Recipes
Alex Saville
post 26th Jan 2007, 08:05pm
Post #16

City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,890
jakka13, can you tell me where your Scotch bakers and butchers are, please? My cousin lives in Beeton up Newmarket way. When I was there in 2005 we only found one place selling stuff from home, that was in Collingwood. She tells me she has found a place in Barrie. If you could tell where they are I will pass the information on to her.
Alex
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stuarty
post 21st Feb 2007, 05:19pm
Post #17

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,972
does anybody remember that minging drink called scots mac it was win and sumthin else all the jakeys drank it when they hid a bit extra and stepped up the drinks ladder a wee bit

--------------------
gie me a wee minite

+Quote Post
penny dainty
post 22nd Mar 2007, 01:45am
Post #18

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,591
Hubby found a wee shop last week here in Queensland that sells all Scottish fare.He left laden wi scotch pies , dumplin, square sausage, iron -bru and a big bag of midget gems.We dined well that night , pigged out and ate the lot, pair o pigs.Was brilliant mindand oooooooooooooh so healthy!!!

--------------------
Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

+Quote Post
Isobel
post 22nd Mar 2007, 02:16am
Post #19

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 33
Mags that looks like a great wee store you have there. We have had one here in town for years and just before Christmas another one opened ,They are both quite good but yours looks so much better. Jim and I both love the scotch meat pies but our favourite is the little steak and onion ones. Oh they are so good. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
From Glasgow now in Canada

+Quote Post
toerag
post 22nd Mar 2007, 02:26am
Post #20

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 167
Alex, tell yer cousin their is a great "wee" scottish shop right in Newmarket, its really small but ye widdne believe the stuff thats in their, its in the old part of Newmarket right off Main St, I think its called timothy street, but will check the address and let you know for sure. I needed a horseshoe for a wedding once and thats the very place that hud it!

+Quote Post
Chookie
post 22nd Mar 2007, 02:56am
Post #21

City Key Holder
Member No.: 318
Toerag...how is it Ah keep seein' you in where the grub is? eh? laugh.gif

--------------------
Ahcumfiglesga

+Quote Post
Tennscot
post 22nd Mar 2007, 03:47am
Post #22

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,796
I found a site Electricscotland.com Has everything Scottish, from Recipes to history. An interesting site. Is that butchers shop . I think on Granville near Robson St Vancouver still there. ?? Great Steak Pies (Ashet Pies) Flakey Pastry , Sausages Black Pudding Belfast Style ham Ayrshire bacon. A big Tiled wall with an Angus Coo. The butchers were Scots. Ah Memories. That was back in the Fifties, Probably Gone. It was the closest thing to a Scottish butchers ,even had striped Butchers aprons.

+Quote Post
Tennscot
post 22nd Mar 2007, 03:53am
Post #23

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,796
Jist Thought on another Good Wan.. site I mean , Arbroath-Smokies.co .uk. Even jist lookin at the pictchurs wis great...... Slabber, Slabber

+Quote Post
toerag
post 23rd Mar 2007, 01:04am
Post #24

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 167
chookie, its because there's nothing else to do when the snaw is still up tae yer armpits!!! hibernate & eat jist like the bears! laugh.gif wink.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.