Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Christmas Foods & Drinks, do you eat & drink same or different?
lindamac
post 27th Nov 2006, 03:22am
Post #1

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,807
biggrin.gif We eat portugease chicken at an airconned restraunt xmas eve Night when a bit cooler, however I once loved eating xmas cake as long as it had alchohol,same with my trifle,xmas pudding & Brandy custard too. Now my favourite things are changed to the fruit jellies or after 8s,as a sweet at night.

Australia during the day,well it gets too hot for eating so we eat at airconditioned chinese restraunt at 1pm (to be Traditionaly untraditionaly different) at home we then have some Ham& salad sandwiches later at night ,icecream or icey lollies tae keep cool haha

Funny how styles & choices change with your enviorment. What is different for you ?& yours? as I know familys change with their enviorment etc wether culturaly,new crazes,your country changes or age differences incurr change to what we liked then & what we like now. whats yours? biggrin.gif

--------------------
Ye Cin Take The Lassie Oota Glesga But Ye Cannae Take Glesga Oota The Lassie
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sumac
post 1st Dec 2006, 03:56pm
Post #2

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 3,359
That's something I really WOULDN'T like about Christmas in a hot place - sometimes snow, traditional dinner - hot and spread out over a few hours.
I love a crisp Christmas morning, going for a walk all wrapped up and seeing the kids out with their new pressies, the dog all excited and not knowing why, just that she knows it's not the same as every other day.

--------------------
Ah don't hear sae well withoot ma specs

+Quote Post
mad mo
post 10th Aug 2008, 09:09pm
Post #3

Unpacking
Member No.: 5,943
HAD ONE XMAS DAY IN AUSTRALIA DIDNT LIKE IT IT DIDNT FEEL LIKE XMAS AT ALL

+Quote Post
penny dainty
post 11th Aug 2008, 10:02am
Post #4

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,591
Hi Mo , didnt feel like Christmas for a long time for us here in Australia , now I look forward to it , I love the heat and Christmas day isnt the same without it any more.

--------------------
Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

+Quote Post
Anne1
post 11th Aug 2008, 03:03pm
Post #5

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,001
Like you penny I loved our hot Xmas,s in Malaya loved the dinner all the trimmings and the Xmas mornings were just the same with the pressies for the kids decorations the lot could do with some of them now laugh.gif

--------------------
ANNWAN

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th Dec 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.