Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> J. & S. Sternstein Photographers Glasgow, Is it still there?
barbara mcdonagh
post 15th Dec 2011, 10:20pm
Post #31

Special Visitor
Member No.: 11,173
Heather,great photo of the five sisters sadly three have passed on, one is not so good and the lady in pink is doing very well,nice to see your grandchildren,it's a shame the wee one looks like you,but she could grow out of it,only you could ask a New York cop for his hat,I bet he loved your accent
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Heather
post 15th Dec 2011, 10:35pm
Post #32

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 664
Barbara I did not ask for his hat, honest. We were walking by and Jessie said she would take a picture of us with the Cops. I said " no " and walked on, then one of the cops called out, " Barbara get back here " pulled me towards him and put the hat on my head. laugh.gif

He must have heard Jessie say my name.

It's funny you say Emma looks like me, others have said the same, but I don't see it except for the space we both have in our two front teeth.
Erin has the same space.

Emma has black hair like her dad and Megan has her dad and g'dads brown eye's.
It's funny how genes run through a family as Megan looks like one of our Davie's girls, the one who is the MSP.

--------------------
Heather.......I'm tartan. Alba gu Brath. Saor Alba

+Quote Post
*Elaine Angell*
post 16th Feb 2012, 08:30pm
Post #33

QUOTE (Alexj @ 23rd Jul 2009, 06:25pm) *
With regards to the school photographs taken in the 1960's is their such a thing as a catalogue were these photo's can be viewed with the option to purchase.

+Quote Post
**Elaine**
post 16th Feb 2012, 08:48pm
Post #34

QUOTE (patsy @ 14th Apr 2010, 02:13pm) *
It would be great if it was possiable to buy some of the school photos. There was five in our family with everyone having there school photos taken, but alas I don't know what happend to them..They would have been taken in the forties, does anybody know if they will be in an archives somewhere? and possiably be able to buy them.

Sorry Patsy - afraid not. I am the sister of Allen Sternstein whose name appears earlier. Our father Jack (long deceased) was the last of the school photographers in the business started by our great-grandfather Yechiel (Julius) in 1873 in Germany (active in Glasgow from around 1883) and continued in Glasgow by our grandfather Sigmund (born not in Hamburg as previously stated but in Glasgow in 1895) and father until 1973. Perhaps more and more people will put digital copies of their photos on this site and in that way there may be a chance of spotting your family members. I do hope so as it would be nice for you.... Good luck.

+Quote Post
kenb
post 24th Sep 2012, 01:52pm
Post #35

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 11,294
hi i missed the [ost by elaine the daughter o f mr sternstein i wonder if she is still around or if anyone may know her i would love to ask her if she knows of any way to get old pics done by her family they would have kept copies. if not it would be good if we the ggb s could start a library of these important school pics there are loads on here already cmon people we can do it

--------------------
WEY HEY

+Quote Post
*alison mcminn*
post 13th Jan 2015, 08:16pm
Post #36

QUOTE (kenb @ 24th Sep 2012, 02:09pm) *
hi i missed the [ost by elaine the daughter o f mr sternstein i wonder if she is still around or if anyone may know her i would love to ask her if she knows of any way to get old pics done by her family they would have kept copies. if not it would be good if we the ggb s could start a library of these important school pics there are loads on here already cmon people we can do it

Hi do you know if there are any school photos from Langcraigs primary school in Paisley from 1964/1967?

+Quote Post
possilboy
post 13th Jan 2015, 09:10pm
Post #37

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,212
here are some in those years if you go to friends reunited they plenty on there alison

Attached thumbnail(s)

Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
possilboy
post 13th Jan 2015, 09:15pm
Post #38

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,212
another

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
*Billy Boil*
post 16th Jan 2015, 03:37pm
Post #39

This post prompted me to take another look at my school photos from St. Anthony's Govan and St Gerard's also of that esteemed city.

They were all Sternstein. Nice to be part of history.

+Quote Post
kenb
post 26th Jun 2017, 03:25am
Post #40

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 11,294
does any body still have school class pic s by j&s sternstein looking for lochgoin and waverley schools from drumchapel

does any body still have school class pic s by j&s sternstein looking for lochgoin and waverley schools from drumchapel

--------------------
WEY HEY

+Quote Post
*Billy Boil*
post 2nd Jul 2017, 02:06pm
Post #41

QUOTE (kenb @ 26th Jun 2017, 03:25am) *

I still have three or four but they are St. Anthony's and St.Gerard's. Both of The Peoples Republic of Govan.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th Jul 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.