Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

117 Pages V  « < 92 93 94 95 96 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coronovirus?, How it spreads!
Kemedian
post 1st Jun 2020, 12:48pm
Post #1396

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,884
Attached Image

https://mobile.twitter.com/DCCWillKerr/stat...408305988734976
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 1st Jun 2020, 12:55pm
Post #1397

Mega City Key Holder
We've been warned.

Much more, and we'll all be sign_ban.gif .

+Quote Post
Dykejumper
post 1st Jun 2020, 03:10pm
Post #1398

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,271
Unfortunately the people breaking the rules are unlikely to be avid listeners to the daily reports.

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 1st Jun 2020, 03:49pm
Post #1399

Mega City Key Holder
The damage is done.

It was a grave error not to enforce the restrictions in law. The light-handed approach hasn't worked.

The scenes this weekend were predictable.

The Government took too big a risk with the nation's safety, failing in its primary duty to protect us. If the FM is to continue to be taken seriously then imho there needs to be new legislation now to make sure that the full weight of the Law leaves none of us in any doubt that there can and must be no repeat of this weekend's irresponsible behaviour, not without serious punishment for those involved.

Otherwise, you are almost daring those idiots, and more will try it, to ignore the advice as often as they can get away with it. It will be unforgivable (criminal even, on the part of the authorities) to leave it to chance again, risking the hard-earned progress (not to mention the lives) of the large majority of us who understand everything that's at stake in this crisis.

As one commentator on the radio said this afternoon, common sense often tends to be the one least commonly used. It's time for the Government to show some, and act.

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 1st Jun 2020, 08:20pm
Post #1400

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (carmella @ 31st May 2020, 08:29am) *
Can you just imagine the huge outbreak there is surely going to be in the States because there is no social distancing during riots.

The Covid numbers will rise to astronomical numbers!

Derek Chauvin's sentence should account for every extra death.

The World is damaged, hurt, and angry right now.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/01/world/george...intl/index.html

Out-of-touch Politicians who don't, won't, or can't humbly accept the responsibility expected of them during this time are sure to fall by the wayside.

+Quote Post
Dave Grieve
post 2nd Jun 2020, 11:14am
Post #1401

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,005
On monday alcohol was on sale here for the first time in 9 weeks. This morning the news is full of domestic violence, drunk driving and physical child abuse stories.

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 2nd Jun 2020, 11:40am
Post #1402

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 2nd Jun 2020, 12:14pm) *
On monday alcohol was on sale here for the first time in 9 weeks. This morning the news is full of domestic violence, drunk driving and physical child abuse stories.

We got reports over the weekend that the crime rate dropped dramatically in SA during the closure, except for sales of bootleg alcohol and bottle stores getting broken into.

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 2nd Jun 2020, 05:18pm
Post #1403

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
Slow news day, huh ?

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
Dave Grieve
post 2nd Jun 2020, 05:27pm
Post #1404

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,005
QUOTE (ashfield @ 2nd Jun 2020, 01:40pm) *
We got reports over the weekend that the crime rate dropped dramatically in SA during the closure, except for sales of bootleg alcohol and bottle stores getting broken into.

I think the crime rate being down is due more to the HARD curfew from 6pm? until 5am more than the drink ban.

+Quote Post
Dykejumper
post 2nd Jun 2020, 11:44pm
Post #1405

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,271
Amazing queues at drive through Macdonalds with people prepared to wait over an hour to buy
a big mac!!?

+Quote Post
carmella
post 3rd Jun 2020, 06:12am
Post #1406

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
Well I have to admit the desire for that escapes me. I’ve been veggie since I was 5 years old, so naturally I don’t get this.

I have to say though that I can’t think of a single food item I would queue for!

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 3rd Jun 2020, 08:50am
Post #1407

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 3rd Jun 2020, 12:44am) *
Amazing queues at drive through Macdonalds with people prepared to wait over an hour to buy
a big mac!!?

Queuing for an hour to pick up some `fast food' laugh.gif
My son posted a thing on fb asking people to suppport their local cafes restaurants and take-away places which have been hardest hit rather than go to MacDonalds or Starbucks etc..

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”
― Joseph Heller, God Knows

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 3rd Jun 2020, 11:46am
Post #1408

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
I’ve just been following FM questions from the Scottish parliament. It was a hard watch and, on the basis of the performances of the opposition leaders, I intend to contact the BBC and ask if they can replace it with a shot of paint drying huh.gif

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 3rd Jun 2020, 05:49pm
Post #1409

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (ashfield @ 3rd Jun 2020, 12:46pm) *
I’ve just been following FM questions from the Scottish parliament. It was a hard watch and, on the basis of the performances of the opposition leaders, I intend to contact the BBC and ask if they can replace it with a shot of paint drying huh.gif

Mostly list vote MSP's who the voters have rejected time and time again. yes.gif

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 4th Jun 2020, 04:02pm
Post #1410

Mega City Key Holder
Face coverings finally mandatory as of 15th June - UK Gov.

Signs are that Scot Gov is preparing a similar change.

Thank God, because hardly anyone is listening to the 'advice', including folk on here. It was always too big a cultural shift to achieve by merely politely asking. ph34r.gif

It will be interesting to hear them both explain why they were not wrong to delay this measure, when some parts of the world where the pandemic is better managed have sworn by these for years (or months elsewhere around Europe), and what has prompted this timing. Scientific evidence, or guilt perhaps?

+Quote Post

117 Pages V  « < 92 93 94 95 96 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th Jul 2020

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.