Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

351 Pages V  « < 348 349 350 351 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Uk Independence Referendum - Brexit, Yes or No on EU membership
Rating 3 V
JAGZ1876
post 2nd Jan 2020, 09:08pm
Post #5236

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (DannyH @ 2nd Jan 2020, 08:56pm) *
Jagz, it is funny how you an rabble on about links opposed to the UK leaving the EU, but you don’t know about the farmers expressing their concern about us leaving the UK. Where have you been?
Oh I know, following your Messiah, Calton Jock.

When I vote it is in secrecy.

Danny

I haven't been anywhere, and i don't remember seeing 'Remain' billboards in farmers fields so i can only comment on my own experiences, as for Carlton Jock he is no "Messiah" of mine, i have been posting on here long before he joined GG.

And you must know that your voting paper has a number on it, so all parties know who we voted for, not that i have any problem with people knowing who i voted for, i even told you why i was voting for the SNP.

I don't know why you're so secretive?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 2nd Jan 2020, 10:30pm
Post #5237

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 2nd Jan 2020, 09:08pm) *
I haven't been anywhere, and i don't remember seeing 'Remain' billboards in farmers fields so i can only comment on my own experiences, as for Carlton Jock he is no "Messiah" of mine, i have been posting on here long before he joined GG.

And you must know that your voting paper has a number on it, so all parties know who we voted for, not that i have any problem with people knowing who i voted for, i even told you why i was voting for the SNP.

I don't know why you're so secretive?

Jagz, you are unbelievable. The farmers expressed their concerns about leaving the EU, during a televised report. Where did you get ‘Remain Billboards’?

Yes you have been posting long before Caltonjock, but that was on non political forums. Don’t tell me you don’t hang on to his every word. He is your big pal that is going to sort out all of us who disagree with you and him. Aye that will be right!

Of course the party you voted for is known. Hell we would never get a result if it wasn’t. What I am asking you is, where on the ballot paper did it ask you where you were born?

So c’mon was the analysis done by Edinburgh University based on an exit poll? You seem to have swallowed it as being an accurate analysis based of factual information.

By the way, here is an interesting wee question that you could ask your pal. Who paid for the Edinburgh University analysis?

Was it the tax payer?

Danny

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 3rd Jan 2020, 08:57am
Post #5238

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
Danny, if you use the link in Caltonjocks post on the survey it will give you information about the survey size, who did it, who paid for etc.

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 3rd Jan 2020, 09:47am
Post #5239

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (ashfield @ 3rd Jan 2020, 08:57am) *
Danny, if you use the link in Caltonjocks post on the survey it will give you information about the survey size, who did it, who paid for etc.

Thanks Ashfield for your help; much appreciated. I will follow up your suggestion. Does it tell you if the analysis of the survey is based on an exit poll?

Danny

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 3rd Jan 2020, 10:28am
Post #5240

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 3rd Jan 2020, 09:47am) *
Thanks Ashfield for your help; much appreciated. I will follow up your suggestion. Does it tell you if the analysis of the survey is based on an exit poll?

Danny

I don’t think so, it appears to have been based on 3 separate surveys after the vote.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 3rd Jan 2020, 11:34am
Post #5241

Mega City Key Holder
Ashfield sorry for being a nuisance. The only link I could find to the analysis provided by Caltonjock, was in his post #5219, dated 30 December 2019. He only refers to, Edinburgh University 2014 Referendum Analysis. So I Googled that, but couldn’t get a link to the information I am looking for.
I would appreciate it if you would give me the link you are referring to. Thank you.
Danny

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 3rd Jan 2020, 11:56am
Post #5242

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 2nd Jan 2020, 10:30pm) *
Where did you get ‘Remain Billboards’?

Yes you have been posting long before Caltonjock, but that was on non political forums. Don’t tell me you don’t hang on to his every word. He is your big pal that is going to sort out all of us who disagree with you and him. Aye that will be right!

By the way, here is an interesting wee question that you could ask your pal. Who paid for the Edinburgh University analysis?

Danny

How many times do i have to tell you Danny, they were in farmers fields across North Ayrshire.

A quick check at my posts will show you that i was posting on political threads long before Calton Jock joined, and this playground patter, "He is your big pal that is going to sort out all of us who disagree with you and him", or "the Three Amigos" etc etc does you no favours.

Ask him yourself, you're the one that wants to know.

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 3rd Jan 2020, 12:28pm
Post #5243

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 3rd Jan 2020, 11:34am) *
Ashfield sorry for being a nuisance. The only link I could find to the analysis provided by Caltonjock, was in his post #5219, dated 30 December 2019. He only refers to, Edinburgh University 2014 Referendum Analysis. So I Googled that, but couldn’t get a link to the information I am looking for.
I would appreciate it if you would give me the link you are referring to. Thank you.
Danny

Danny, if you click on the link at the bottom of that post it takes you to Caltonjocks blog on the subject. By scrolling down the page there is a further link to a video (which I didn't watch) and slides produced by Edinburgh university on methodology, findings, funding etc.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 3rd Jan 2020, 03:24pm
Post #5244

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (ashfield @ 3rd Jan 2020, 12:28pm) *
Danny, if you click on the link at the bottom of that post it takes you to Caltonjocks blog on the subject. By scrolling down the page there is a further link to a video (which I didn't watch) and slides produced by Edinburgh university on methodology, findings, funding etc.

Thanks Ashfield. I will let you know how I get on.

Danny

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 3rd Jan 2020, 04:36pm
Post #5245

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 3rd Jan 2020, 11:34am) *
The only link I could find to the analysis provided by Caltonjock, was in his post #5219, dated 30 December 2019. He only refers to, Edinburgh University 2014 Referendum Analysis
Danny

You're doing something that i have never done Danny, checking out Calton Jocks blogs.

Get a room you two. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 4th Jan 2020, 08:58am
Post #5246

Mega City Key Holder
I'm guessing we won't have to worry much about Brexit for a while thanks to the actions of "our good friend" across the pond. Tin hat anybody?

--------------------

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 4th Jan 2020, 09:08am
Post #5247

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (ashfield @ 4th Jan 2020, 08:58am) *
I'm guessing we won't have to worry much about Brexit for a while thanks to the actions of "our good friend" across the pond. Tin hat anybody?

Nothing like a war to take attention away from home failures, Maggie knew this well. wink.gif

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 4th Jan 2020, 09:25am
Post #5248

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 3rd Jan 2020, 04:36pm) *
You're doing something that i have never done Danny, checking out Calton Jocks blogs.

Get a room you two. :lol:

Jagz, this isn’t about me and Caltonjock. You are one of his followers. This is about establishing if the analysis of the referendum results are credible. Unlike you, I don’t hang on to his every word.
By the way. Did you put what religious faith you have, like Protestant, or Catholic? Neither did I.
I will say no more.

Danny

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 4th Jan 2020, 11:23am
Post #5249

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 4th Jan 2020, 09:25am) *
Jagz, this isn’t about me and Caltonjock. You are one of his followers. This is about establishing if the analysis of the referendum results are credible. Unlike you, I don’t hang on to his every word.
By the way. Did you put what religious faith you have, like Protestant, or Catholic? Neither did I.
I will say no more.

Danny

Yet you happily made it about me and Calton Jock, and how many times do i have to tell you, i am not one of his followers, you, by your own admission are though. yes.gif

You've lost me on your religious riddle, care to explain? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 4th Jan 2020, 01:56pm
Post #5250

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 4th Jan 2020, 11:23am) *
Yet you happily made it about me and Calton Jock, and how many times do i have to tell you, i am not one of his followers, you, by your own admission are though. :yes:

You've lost me on your religious riddle, care to explain? :unsure:

Jagz, I am not one of his followers. I am questioning his post which supports the Edinburgh University’s analysis of the referendum results.

It is not me who created the religious riddle. It is the University of Edinburgh’s analysis of the referendum outcome. Ashfield told me how to find the info I was looking for.
Click on the link which Caltonjock provided in his post on the analysis.

If you follow that help, you will find the answer to your religious riddle.

Ashfield said he had not looked at the Edinburgh University’s findings. I did. It’s a howler.
How this passes as academic work is beyond belief. It was paid for by the TAX PAYER.

I couldn’t find how they obtained their data, so I emailed the contact address given, and asked.
I realise this is the holiday period, so I have put that down as the reason for me not having any acknowledgement. If I have had no reply within the next week, I will be writing to my local MSP, and will put the same questions to her. In the meantime, Caltonjock could save me a lot of time if he just told me how the data was obtained for the University’s analysis.

Danny

+Quote Post

351 Pages V  « < 348 349 350 351 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd Sep 2020

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.