Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> School Memories Were They The Best Days?, Teachers and 1st & last day of school etc
Rating 4 V
Isobel
post 2nd Jun 2008, 03:25pm
Post #31

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 33
Hi Paul, no I am not in that picture however I do recognize a couple of people, One day when I get the time I am going to go through all my old pictures I must have a few from back then down stairs somewhere.Thanks for posting.

--------------------
From Glasgow now in Canada
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Isobel
post 3rd Jun 2008, 02:24am
Post #32

Mega City Key Holder
I should have said I left Charlotte St in 1960, My school pictures look pretty much the same as that one.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jaybee
post 3rd Jun 2008, 10:19pm
Post #33

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,800
Do any of your lassies remember being taken outside during gym glass and wearing your navy blue (or black) knickers. We had to run around the girl's end of the play ground, the lad's used to whistle and give us all big reddies. I remember one time the elastic in the leg of my knickers gave way. Oh boy I was sure affronted. Seeing what the youngsters wear today I wonder why we were so shy to run around the school yard in our gym knickers. Jaybee

+Quote Post
*laura.henderson@my*
post 15th Nov 2009, 10:45pm
Post #34

QUOTE (Guest Maria * @ 1st Jun 2008, 06:28pm) *
The school was always referred to as Charlotte Street because that was it's location. It's proper title was Our Lady of St Francis. Does the school still exist? Charlotte St was the senior secondary school for Catholic girls. St Mungo's was the senior secondary school for Catholic boys. There used to be senior and junior secondary schools before comprehensive secondary schools.

Hi. I started Charlotte St. School in1969. Would love to hear from anyone who was in the classes at that time. Charlotte St. was mostly pulled down and turned into flats. There's a part remaining that was used for geography and languages that I think is now being used as offices. I remember all too well the strong stench of a coffee factory nearby that made you want to throw up! Ah...the good old days!

+Quote Post
Castlegirl
post 19th Dec 2009, 12:50am
Post #35

Visitor
Member No.: 7,088
When I first started school my only ambition was to leave. School was an horrendous experience for me. My first teacher Mrs Doyle was a pure b$*%"#! that delighted in taking you down in front of the class. The kids were horrible shits as well, very derogatory. The adults they were around must have instilled that in them. I had the last laugh because I went on to make a very happy and successful life for myself and to all those horrible pupils and horrible teachers GET IT RIGHT UP YI.

+Quote Post
*ISOBEL ODONNELL*
post 26th Jul 2010, 01:18am
Post #36

Does anyone remember miss kelly gym teacher from charlotte st school?

+Quote Post
Katy
post 27th Oct 2011, 09:38pm
Post #37

Unpacking
Member No.: 11,869
Does anyone have any old photos of Garnet Bank Mrs Rigley's class 1961?
and 1957/1965? Can't remember teachers names for these years - Mrs Hadden and McSween come to mind and Mr finlayson.
Thanks, would be very grateful!

+Quote Post
Isobel
post 28th Oct 2011, 12:15am
Post #38

Mega City Key Holder
Isobel I remember Miss Kelly from Charlotte St. She scared me.However she did love her netball.

--------------------

+Quote Post
barbaramay
post 29th Oct 2011, 12:23am
Post #39

Settling In
Member No.: 11,928
QUOTE (jaybee @ 3rd Jun 2008, 10:45pm) *
Do any of your lassies remember being taken outside during gym glass and wearing your navy blue (or black) knickers. We had to run around the girl's end of the play ground, the lad's used to whistle and give us all big reddies. I remember one time the elastic in the leg of my knickers gave way. Oh boy I was sure affronted. Seeing what the youngsters wear today I wonder why we were so shy to run around the school yard in our gym knickers. Jaybee

+Quote Post
barbaramay
post 26th Nov 2011, 10:36pm
Post #40

Settling In
QUOTE (jaybee @ 3rd Jun 2008, 09:38pm) *

+Quote Post
barbaramay
post 26th Nov 2011, 10:48pm
Post #41

Settling In
Hi i went to St. Theresas in possilpark and my secondary was st Cuthberts,i also remeber sport and the dark knickers i always wonder how everybody got on with life.Iwent to Germany 1972 but go home every year.my maiden name is Prior and lived in fruin place would be nice to hear from some old school mates-

+Quote Post
kenb
post 26th Nov 2011, 11:28pm
Post #42

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 11,294
i loved my wee school lochgoin in the drum. even though i got off to the worst poss start my gran took me to school day1 she gave me a dalek badge and by playtime it had gone missing me i thought theft the teacher told m e to be quiet and sit down i was very cheeky i was told stand in corner mr booth, no way said me i am going home, heading for door head of infants stopped me as it was my fault three of the best strap on the palms FIRST DAY as i returned to my place my badgeappeared in dorothy hasties deskshe was my next door play mate i grabbed my badge and got revenge by inserting the pin of the badge in her bum 3 more belts oooch only to find out later that she was keeping it for me having found it on the floor.i said sorry forgot about it and had a fantastic time in the best wee school in the world tongue.gif BAR NONE

--------------------
WEY HEY

+Quote Post
*angela harrison*
post 23rd Jul 2012, 08:52am
Post #43

i was at charlotte street from 77 to 81...sister francis was the head. my granda was also the janny..i can remember the maths teacher mrs campbell but she was nicknamed jessie wan eye..terrible really. i remember i used to hang about with yvonne day and kathleen/kathrine mcmanus.. ive lived here in folkestone kent for 30 years now so would be great to hear from anyone who may have been there at that time. im now 47. memories :-)

+Quote Post
*Colin Ainslie*
post 26th Apr 2016, 10:21pm
Post #44

QUOTE (Guest sally * @ 27th May 2008, 02:31pm) *
hi i enjoyed my school days, i went to ruchill primary i remember the head teacher was called miss park, she was very strict. there was a lovely teacher called mrs cunningham who was a great teacher i think every pupil liked her. i am going back to 1960 when i started primary. when i left ruchill i could have went to nk but decided to go to garrioch but secondary school as my friend was going there. i did enjoy garrioch though, when i was there it was all girls classes and all boys classes. i remember the rules where that the girls had to walk on one side of the pavement, and the boys the other side when moving from one part of the school to go to another part if changing classes. the girls and boys had seperate playgrounds i went to garrioch from 1967 to 1970. does anyone remember mrs blake the english teacher she was a really good teacher. what other teachers does anyone remember if they went to any of these two schools at the same time i did.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st Sep 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.