Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> No9 Tram Glasgow, bridgton to auchenshuggle
tramgirl
post 11th Jan 2006, 10:33am
Post #1

Unpacking
Member No.: 2,823
has anyone any info on this tram or the tram on the shettleston run. my mother used to drive the no 9
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RonD
post 11th Jan 2006, 12:29pm
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,783
Welcome tramgirl! Wow that must have a special treat when you were a kiddie, boarding yer Mammy's tram!! <smile>

--------------------
Bad luck, emotional blackmail, soppy sentiments, no matter what ! The chain letter stops here!

+Quote Post
Rab-oldname
post 11th Jan 2006, 06:14pm
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 413
That would be the Auchenshuggle (great name for a tram!) to Dalmuir West route. Travelled on it hundreds of times from Yoker to Partick. May well have seeen yer Mammy. Check this link - http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/gb/trams/...UKCrich1202.jpg - biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Elma
post 15th Jan 2006, 07:47am
Post #4

Mega City Key Holder
From: Originally Annan with a wee bit of Glasgow in between now Kimberley, B.C.
Member No.: 1,650
Great picture Rab. I was surprised to see that it was a "new" tram. When I travelled from Scotstoun to Partick and right into the Hielen man's umbrella it was always a 'blue" tram which rattled from side to side as we wend along Dumbarton Road. any more photos?
Elma

+Quote Post
Rularedhead
post 3rd Apr 2007, 08:16pm
Post #5

Visitor
Member No.: 3,484
My Mam was a clippy on the caur from singers in Clydebank to Dalmarnock , think it was number 28/29 and I remember getting on the tram at Bridgeton cross and going to the street before Dalmarnock bridge ( where THE BOUNDRY BAR was) and helping my Ma to turn the double seats the oppisite way to go back to Clydebank, I remember my Ma had a uniform with a wee hat (didnea wear trousers in they days, it wis a wee pencil skirt) I used to love sitting in the wee compartment upstairs( you could shut over the door) at Xmas time as I would count all the xmas tree's in people's windows from Dalmarnock to Clydebank Oh Happy Times

+Quote Post
glasgowken
post 12th Apr 2007, 02:56am
Post #6

Settling In
Member No.: 3,745
I don't suppose she's here ?

Greenstaff video

+Quote Post
*James Waddell*
post 15th Mar 2010, 03:32pm
Post #7

QUOTE (Rularedhead @ 3rd Apr 2007, 08:33pm) *
My Mam was a clippy on the caur from singers in Clydebank to Dalmarnock , think it was number 28/29 and I remember getting on the tram at Bridgeton cross and going to the street before Dalmarnock bridge ( where THE BOUNDRY BAR was) and helping my Ma to turn the double seats the oppisite way to go back to Clydebank, I remember my Ma had a uniform with a wee hat (didnea wear trousers in they days, it wis a wee pencil skirt) I used to love sitting in the wee compartment upstairs( you could shut over the door) at Xmas time as I would count all the xmas tree's in people's windows from Dalmarnock to Clydebank Oh Happy Times

+Quote Post
notaneastender
post 21st Aug 2010, 08:59pm
Post #8

Special Visitor
Member No.: 8,296
Does anyone recognise these 2 tram workers in the photo on the left (obviously)?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
jock
post 25th Aug 2010, 12:09am
Post #9

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 32
It's an old tram which means the clippie (wearin a skirt) had to hing out the upstairs windae tae change the destination sign at the end of the line.
How did they change the signs on the new coronation trams? I cannae remember.

Sorry, don't recognize anyone.

+Quote Post
The Bankie
post 28th Oct 2010, 07:17pm
Post #10

Visitor
Member No.: 9,161
Hi Tramgirl
Is the pic what you mean? These had the destination changed by means of winders inside the cabin. As a "Bankie" I lived almost at Dalmuir West and used to use this and the No29 to get to and from the shows at the Kelvin Hall at Christmas.
Attached Image
OK as you can see it's a model and I need help here. I'm looking for drawings giving details of tenements so I can build a proper street for this to run on.
Regards
The Bankie

--------------------
Living in exile in West Yorkshire

+Quote Post
The Bankie
post 4th Nov 2010, 10:06am
Post #11

Visitor
Member No.: 9,161
OOOPS
I gave the wrong number for the Dalmuir West cars. 9 is OK but the others were 1 (Dont think I ever used that though) and it was 26 NOT 29 for the other route. Up till 1950 you could have got to Clydebank on a single deck No20 Duntocher car. Since I was only 1 year old then I never did ride on them. Oly trip ever on a single decker was on "Wee Baldie" during the rush hour when it was used as an extra to ferry "Broons" workers back into the city.

The Bankie

--------------------
Living in exile in West Yorkshire

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th Mar 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.