Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Queen Mary 2, Trials in Scotland??????????
Catherine
post 18th Apr 2004, 01:12pm
Post #151

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 57
Cripes wid ye look at the size of that Rabbie eh? Great photo's...Hope ye wurnae in the wake of it laugh.gif

--------------------
Oh ahv jist fun anither button...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rab-oldname
post 18th Apr 2004, 05:16pm
Post #152

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 413
Next one. Lost my best hat when taking this!
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
wee mags
post 18th Apr 2004, 11:57pm
Post #153

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 12
great photos Rab thanks for posting them ,as long as yir boat didnae sink Rab yir awe right wink.gif

--------------------
fae Maryhill noo the USA

+Quote Post
Rab-oldname
post 19th Apr 2004, 01:20pm
Post #154

Mega City Key Holder
P&O liner 'AURORA' passing QM2 with much hooting from both ships wishing each other 'bon voyage'.

This post has been edited by Rab: 19th Apr 2004, 01:22pm

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Catherine
post 19th Apr 2004, 01:28pm
Post #155

Mega City Key Holder
Every time I click on the photae therr Rabbie I get the auld rejection slip..ie...this menu has been disabled and you are not logged in?
A wee gremlins at work the day biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rab-oldname
post 19th Apr 2004, 01:42pm
Post #156

Mega City Key Holder
Youre quite right Catherine - some big bully had removed my 'always on' password!!!. Heres it again - P&O liner 'AURORA' passing QM2 with much hooting from both ships wishing each other 'bon voyage'
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Catherine
post 19th Apr 2004, 02:07pm
Post #157

Mega City Key Holder
My whit a sight that must have been Rabbie...here an ma pal lives in Aurora...it's no the ship though, incase yer wonderin biggrin.gif
Smashin photo's

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rab-oldname
post 19th Apr 2004, 05:53pm
Post #158

Mega City Key Holder
This had better be the last one. On her way to loud singing of 'Rule Britannia' etc. Next stop N.Y.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
wee mags
post 22nd Apr 2004, 01:16pm
Post #159

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 12
Iam just watching the Queen Mary2 on the telly she is pulling into New York Harbor in all her Glory ,it seems they had a storm and the waves were up to the eighth story,I just get sick thinking of it ,but everyone that was interviewed seems to have had a good tripmwhat a sight as she passed the Statue of Liberty wink.gif

--------------------
fae Maryhill noo the USA

+Quote Post
steakpie
post 22nd Nov 2004, 10:28am
Post #160

Super Resident
Member No.: 1,066
Jist came across some pictures we took last month when the QM2 came to Halifax, Nova Scotia in early October. Happened to find a picture of the old QM a few days later. Interesting juxtaposition. Tried to paste them here, but failed "because it contained errors", doh, so what is new?
What an enormous ship she is! Got somepictures of her moored next to a normal cruise ship. I ahd already thought the cruise ship was as tall as a skyscraper. Hard to beleive those things can stay afloat,isn't it?

In my life recently there have been odd coincidences around both the Concorde and the QM2. I wonder if maybe we just are more aware of certain events when we are already in an receptive mental state. Maybe we are born looking for patterns in everything.

If I hadn't been so busy looking after my company, I would've noticed this thread earlier and then another weird coincidence would've really twanged my wee brain.

+Quote Post
Fearn
post 15th Nov 2005, 05:16am
Post #161

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 59
ohmy.gif can I join in again, please?
I guess I 'fell off' some time back but my interest in the Glasgow Board and ships has not lessened - health problems kind of got in the way - my own and hubby requiring quad by-pass and prostrate surgery - all in the space of a few months.
I did actually book passage on the QM2 (in one of those so called 'hull cabins') but decided to cancel - 6 days on her would have proved exhausting - she's just too big for my liking! Cunard's marketing of her was, in my mind less than honest. That rates are now reduced seems to bear that out. How she will fair in many Caribbean ports is questionable .

Guess much depends on what cruising/crossing means to each individual. For me, the ship is the 'destination' - days at sea when the ship can be explored and enjoyed are the attraction for me - 5 hours ashore do little for me!

We've 'fallen in love' with an Holland American Line ship - The Prinsendam - a mere 38,000 tons - did a crossing on her last November ('04) and planned another for August '05 - to celebrate our 28th Anniversary - 'twas not to be - by-pass and prostrate surgery got in the way. Rescheduled for a Nov. 9th'05 sailing from Lisbon, that also had to be cancelled - I was carted off to hospital on Nov.6th. 'Tis said that only the good die young (I'm a believer!:D) - came home last Friday (Nov. 11). Don't have much breath or energy right now but browsing the boards is possible.

I was saddened to read of our Bard's passing - we had some interesting exchanges - I wish I'd known her better..

Catherine, I hope things worked out well for your Mum.

I'm waaaaay off topic! - forgive this transgression, just this once, please?

F.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th Jul 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.