Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Nice Wee Story
malvernplace
post 22nd Feb 2015, 01:00pm
Post #1

Unpacking
Member No.: 28,584

About twelve years ago I was on the Dennistoun Online site looking for my old school pal Billy Sloan tried for several months with no luck, then one day I had a reply this lady she asked if I was Bill Mcilroy I said yes, and she said you probably don't remember me but we went to school together, my name was May Garth, I wrote back and said I do remember you, you were a tall slim girl with dark hair and we plunked school on a Wednesday afternoon and went to the meat market with a couple of other friends, what a romantic place, she told me my friend had emigrated to the United States and had passed from a heart attack. Well we stayed in touch all these years and both of our spouses were aware of our online friendship we sent jokes and wee stories about everyday events I told her Marlene had died with Cancer it was then she told me her husband had died five years before but didn't want to mention his passing because I was still married to Marlene and she might be annoyed, and she also lived in Canada, [Guelph Ontario] my Grandaughter was going to University in Guelph and still is,I live in Kingston Ontario I was helping my grandaughter move in to her rooms for Uni and called May and asked her if she would like to have lunch, and to my delight she said yes well the rest is history we are now a very happy couple we see each other several times a year because of the distance between us, five hours drive the first few visits I stayed at a hotel"HONEST I DID[/font], now we can't get to see enough of each other. How lucky can one man be getting two wonderful women in his life
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
petunia
post 22nd Feb 2015, 03:44pm
Post #2

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 6,822
Lovely story but one of you has to take a trip either up or down the 401 permanently, my husband lived in Windsor and I lived in Toronto when we met we have been married many years and now live on the east coast, good luck

+Quote Post
taurus
post 22nd Feb 2015, 10:50pm
Post #3

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 12,391
Very nice story.Without the internet it wouldn`t have happened, and it`s not as if you are strangers to each other`s roots. Starting life in the same town is a good common denominator. Your late wife is probably looking down thinking "I`m glad he`s happy and not a lost soul".

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.