Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pastor Jack Glass Dies, At the age of 67
auldbutcher
post 30th Sep 2010, 07:16pm
Post #46

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 7,459
oops granparents .
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zorro
post 1st Oct 2010, 09:25am
Post #47

Resident
Member No.: 8,458
QUOTE (auldbutcher @ 30th Sep 2010, 08:16pm) *
Ach the auld pastor glass a watered doon version o Ian Paisley another bigot who hid his bigoted views under the sham o a man o god .

Hivnae looked at any posts in this thread and as i have sais afore am an atheist might be proved wrang wan day when the devil gies me a three prong jab up the erse an ses howdy son.

People like Glass an Paisley an the creeps like the Muslim Mullah's who preach hatred in the name o religion should be locked up in my estimation...

By the same token as an auld granfaither ,and faither my deepest sympathy's tae his family specally his gran weans who in my experience forge a very deep bond with there granweans.

A rather one sided and biased view teetering on the brinks of 'bigotry' don't you think Auld Butcher. Having met both these men you openly criticise I would say that you should go and read the true meaning of the word bigot in your dictionary...in fact better still no need to just look in the mirror. I can assure you that Pastor Jack's family and grandweans do not need your sympathy as they are safe in the knowledge that their grandfather despite his views was a true believer of the Gospels as it is written.

MATTHEW 7:1-5:

"Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull the mote out of thine eye; and behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast the mote out of thy brother's eye."

--------------------
Zorro...the Riddrie Fox

+Quote Post
wombat
post 1st Oct 2010, 09:56am
Post #48

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
thus endeth the lesson laugh.gif

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
Mathieson
post 1st Oct 2010, 10:12am
Post #49

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,207
I don't really know much about Pastor Glass but from what I have heard I couldn't imagine me following his teachings whatever their merits, and it's all very well berating someone after their death but in my experience the people who shout "bigot" at the drop of a hat can often be accused of being merely the mirror image of those they would accuse.
Maybe some of his critics should consider how they would feel if, when the present pope dies, someone were to dismiss his passing with "good riddance, he was a former nazi who oversaw the return of a high ranking holocaust denier to his church, personally covered up untold numbers of child rape cases, demonised gays, denied contraception to those living in abject poverty in disease-ridden countries while presiding over a church possessing billions of dollars".

--------------------
Three cheers for the Red, White and Blue !

+Quote Post
Jupiter
post 1st Oct 2010, 10:39am
Post #50

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 7,675
I find it hard to understand the reasons people get themselves so worked up over religion.
I look at stories from all over the world and at some of the heinous acts taking place,wars,murders,inhumanity,intolerence and all done in the name of this group or that groups religion.
It seems to me that it has become a byword for suspicion and segregation.
As a kid I was brought up in the Church of Scotland but in early adulthood began to question the whole veracity of what was being preached.
Religion now plays no part in my life.Married in the registry office,two unbaptised children who have never shown any interest in religion and who get along just fine.
I totally respect any persons freedom to worship as they please but just wish the prejudices and hatreds,bigotries and suspicions could be put to bed.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 1st Oct 2010, 10:55am
Post #51

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
With you absolutely, Joop but you are whistling (euphemism) into the wind. We secularists, humanists, atheists and agnostics are now being demonized by the "faithful" of all denominations.

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
Mathieson
post 1st Oct 2010, 01:00pm
Post #52

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,207
It's safer not to label yourself even with any of those descriptions either, as there's always somebody oot tae get ye. Just tell them to mind their ain business. smile.gif

--------------------
Three cheers for the Red, White and Blue !

+Quote Post
Dylan
post 1st Oct 2010, 02:11pm
Post #53

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,936
I am also an Athiest, also have two un-Baptised Children.

Religion plays no part in my life .

However I have never met a Catholic who has become an Athiest, as AB says " Might be proved wrong when the Devil calls " , not if but , when .!!

When push comes to shove God/Christ wins .

As an Athiest I will never be proved wrong. My belief, or lack of it ,is as strong as any Christians.

Now this is not a critiscism but simply an observation and simply my opinion.

Pastor Glass, a bit of a nutter in my book but he never preached violence that I am aware of.?

He ranted and upset a few people but live and let live.

--------------------
You don't need a weatherman
To know which way the wind blows

+Quote Post
auldbutcher
post 1st Oct 2010, 03:38pm
Post #54

Mega City Key Holder
Ach av looked in the mirror charlie and didnae see a bigot all a saw wis an auld adonis an yep an atheist an auld street wise auld keech who has heard ass exits like you making wie the same auld crap.

Pastor Glass an Paisley were two bluddy bigots end aff, Dylan you have nae idea aboot my mentality i hate scum on both sides o the devide ,bigots who wake up in the morning in the same bluddy bigoted state o mind.

Ye know sumpkin the Evening times is daen a wee story the noo aboot first term classes i look at these wee angels an think what will turn a certain majority o you intae bigots ffs its no rocket science the efn scumbags who bore these kids and then corrupt there minds with senseless shite aboot proddy's an kafflics and i'm talking aboot both efn sides here .

I'll end up here wie the most efn obnoxious question ah bigot asks you whit school did you go tae ,an yep this agin apply's tae pwoddies an kaffliks , look in the efn mirror ? these scumbags widnae even efn blink they in there ain twisted wie are bringing there poor bluddy offspring up tae be clones o them selves ...

Suffer the little children eh . p.s this is why Celtic an Rangers enjoy the support they have . rolleyes.gif ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
**Zorro**
post 1st Oct 2010, 08:26pm
Post #55

Well I am glad we are getting somewhere and at least talking to each other re our differences - which as they say is a start. As I have said before I might be wrang - but it disnae mean you are all right. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
auldbutcher
post 1st Oct 2010, 09:09pm
Post #56

Mega City Key Holder
BY the by chic state who you really are, a bigot who disnae even hae the bottle tae declare himself .

Jasus wept . unsure.gif

+Quote Post
**klingon**
post 8th Oct 2010, 02:39am
Post #57

QUOTE (DaughterOfGod:) @ 29th Aug 2010, 10:23pm) *
i am 15, and very good friends with jack glass' daughter jayne, her husband david and there 7 children, josh, joel, abbi, jordana, joanna, johnny and beth, they are all lovely people, who believe in gods word, and look up to their grandfather as a great man, they have similar views to their grandfather, they dont hate anyone, as neither did jack glass, they just want to show the love and compassion of the lord to everyone and want people (such as roman catholics) to follow the true word of god so they can have eternal life and be in a loving relationship with the father, jack glass may have been very extreme, but he had an immense love for god which he wanted to spread throughout all people so they may know what love is. i have respect for all people and all religions but will always fight for my beliefs and love for god and that people may realise the true way.

Firstly-how do you know that Catholics-(not ROMAN Catholics-we're not Italian!)-aren't following the true word of God and you guys are?-thats arrogant presumption on your part!-two ways to do things-my way and the wrong way eh?-the true way is just to be as good a person as you can be and not to criticise anyone for their personal interpretation of belief-I'm afraid that Mt Glass's interpretation of belief was flawed in the extreme and a biased view of his own particular Christian belief damning all others-sorry but my original argument stands-A bigot who won't be missed by most free thinking folks.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th Nov 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.