Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

34 Pages V  « < 29 30 31 32 33 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Donald Trump, Local Hero he is not
bilbo.s
post 3rd Jul 2020, 12:28pm
Post #451

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
Carmella, I would be utterly astounded if you thought otherwise ! tongue.gif

I know I must be doing something right to inspire such a bitter post from you.

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wombat
post 3rd Jul 2020, 10:52pm
Post #452

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
laugh.gif cheeky wee lassie telling me to grow up ,i thought my post was funny yes.gif
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
wombat
post 3rd Jul 2020, 10:56pm
Post #453

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (carmella @ 3rd Jul 2020, 12:07pm) *
He speaks more sense on his posts than you’ve ever done. Maybe you should go back to Copy/paste using the intelligence of other people.

I am very surprised that you continue to refer to Danny as “Danny boy”. I am just surprised you still do it!

tongue.gif O danny boy the flies, the flies,..... laugh.gif
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 5th Jul 2020, 11:00am
Post #454

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
QUOTE (DannyH @ 3rd Jul 2020, 11:19am) *
Hi TomI

I can’t reply to the above ...

BUT rolleyes.gif

... So the point of this post is to inform these two sad creatures, that they can make all the remarks about me they wish to make. But don’t defile the memory of the thousands of young people who survived World War 2, only to Have to put on a uniform.

Danny

Danny, haud yer wheesht rolleyes.gif

I can also lay claim to have survived WWII in a war torn Glasgow and gone on to serve 5 voluntary years with four in reserve on nuclear bombers during the following Cold War: so there tongue.gif

Heh, did I ever mention being arrested on suspicion of being a Commie Spy during my service in RAF Bomber Commnand; and being represented by a black Provost Marshall called Flt Lt Pink?

Did I ever mention that the last telegramme that I ever received was on behalf of Maggie Thatcher's govt requesting my services in preparation for her wee do in the South Atlantic Theatre ?

Did I ever tell you that I've given my services; out of uniform and for sufficient remuneration of course. to at least four foreign national air forces during times of `disturbance': for want of a better word ?

Did I ever mention an 18 month period where I'd either been shot at or had a gun pushed into my face on 8 separate ocassions during the 80's ... Ah the good ol' times cool.gif

Did I ever mention having to change my passport because it had an Iron Country visa stamp in it which would have had consequencies for me in trying to cross other borders?

All true of course.

Heh Danny, as Tommy might have said, pull up a sandbag and we'll have a laugh, a joke and a smoke, over our wartime remininscencies; in which my good ol' GG friend TK would have taken great pleasure in taking the Lillian Gish out of us both: left right and center. (LoL)

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”
― Joseph Heller, God Knows

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 5th Jul 2020, 11:16am
Post #455

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 5th Jul 2020, 12:00pm) *
Did I ever mention an 18 month period where I'd either been shot at or had a gun pushed into my face on 8 separate ocassions during the 80's ... Ah the good ol' times cool.gif

Tomi, I think you must have been going to the same dance halls as me laugh.gif

As for Tommy Kennedy......there was a man with a bit of class yes.gif

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 5th Jul 2020, 11:21am
Post #456

Mega City Key Holder
And Now For Something Completely Different ... but still Monty Pythonesque -

https://twitter.com/KimKardashian/status/1279597399380332544

Could this be the man to unseat Trump?

Only in America

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 5th Jul 2020, 11:27am
Post #457

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (ashfield @ 5th Jul 2020, 11:16am) *
Tomi, I think you must have been going to the same dance halls as me laugh.gif

As for Tommy Kennedy......there was a man with a bit of class yes.gif

Was it "The Queen's" where we gave it laldy with Dr Croc and the Crackpots as he wandered among the dancers pulling a stuffed crocodile behind him on a leash? laugh.gif

Aye, Ash, Tommy was in a class of his his own and we loved him till his sad end even while he gave us something to smile about. yes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 5th Jul 2020, 06:16pm
Post #458

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 5th Jul 2020, 12:00pm) *
... So the point of this post is to inform these two sad creatures, that they can make all the remarks about me they wish to make. But don’t defile the memory of the thousands of young people who survived World War 2, only to Have to put on a uniform.

Danny

Danny, haud yer wheesht :rolleyes:

I can also lay claim to have survived WWII in a war torn Glasgow and gone on to serve 5 voluntary years with four in reserve on nuclear bombers during the following Cold War: so there :P

Heh, did I ever mention being arrested on suspicion of being a Commie Spy during my service in RAF Bomber Commnand; and being represented by a black Provost Marshall called Flt Lt Pink?

Did I ever mention that the last telegramme that I ever received was on behalf of Maggie Thatcher's govt requesting my services in preparation for her wee do in the South Atlantic Theatre ?

Did I ever tell you that I've given my services; out of uniform and for sufficient remuneration of course. to at least four foreign national air forces during times of `disturbance': for want of a better word ?

Did I ever mention an 18 month period where I'd either been shot at or had a gun pushed into my face on 8 separate ocassions during the 80's ... Ah the good ol' times B)

Did I ever mention having to change my passport because it had an Iron Country visa stamp in it which would have had consequencies for me in trying to cross other borders?

All true of course.

Heh Danny, as Tommy might have said, pull up a sandbag and we'll have a laugh, a joke and a smoke, over our wartime remininscencies; in which my good ol' GG friend TK would have taken great pleasure in taking the Lillian Gish out of us both: left right and center. (LoL)

Hi Tomi

Thank you for your reply. If you had posted the final paragraph of your above post to me, in your original reference to Tommy, I would have understood and fully agreed with you. So I would not have went down the road I took when I responded to you.

Regarding your own military experiences, you have certainly been through the mill. You have done well to still have your sanity. I fully respect you for that.

Having said that, I have nothing but contempt for Bilbo’s comments when I posted my recollections of both Tommy and my pal Gordon who was killed while on a training exercise.

By the way If Tommy and I had met up, we wouldn’t have talked about our military or war time experiences. As a former servicemen, you know as well as I do that is not the norm. I live in a terrace house. Six of my seven neighbours served in the armed forces, including Johnny McKenzie the famous footballer. One had served in Korea, another in Aden, and one in World War 2.

When we were all together, Military service and work war 2, were never mentioned. It was me who brought these topics onto this forum, to let younger generations know that Coronavirus is not a unique experience for we 80 year olds.

Regards

Danny

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 5th Jul 2020, 06:43pm
Post #459

Mega City Key Holder
Tomi, the following was meant to be in my above post, but something went wrong in the Edit mode.

I fully respect you and acknowledge the dangers you have faced. There is a difference though between you and I. You joined the armed forces voluntarily. Two million of us were conscripted. So with no disrespect to you, your experiences came with the job.

My pal Gordon would not have lost his life at the age of 21, and neither would 18 years old John Beattie who lived round the corner from me. He was conscripted and was blown up by a booby trap set by Cypriot terrorists at the end of an army football match.

I fully respect all men and women who are in the armed forces. That is a separate issue from the lads who were children during the war, then were conscripted to do National Service.

Danny

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 5th Jul 2020, 10:13pm
Post #460

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
What all the foregoing has to do with Trump is anyone's guess.

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
wombat
post 6th Jul 2020, 07:18am
Post #461

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 5th Jul 2020, 11:13pm) *
What all the foregoing has to do with Trump is anyone's guess.

wacko.gif wacko.gif
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 6th Jul 2020, 09:35am
Post #462

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (DannyH @ 5th Jul 2020, 07:16pm) *
When we were all together, Military service and work war 2, were never mentioned. It was me who brought these topics onto this forum, to let younger generations know that Coronavirus is not a unique experience for we 80 year olds.

Regards

Danny

Come on now Danny, you have been going on about your military service and WW2 long, long before anyone had heard of the Coronavirus. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 6th Jul 2020, 10:06am
Post #463

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 6th Jul 2020, 10:35am) *
Come on now Danny, you have been going on about your military service and WW2 long, long before anyone had heard of the Coronavirus. :lol:

Okay Jagz, you won’t have any argument from me, except on one point. Many of my posts have not been about my military service and my experiences of World War2. They have been about others of my generation.
How many of you were aware that out of 90 young schoolchildren aboard a ship which was torpedoed, 77 were killed?

What made me bring World War 2 into this forum, was the complaint by a number of people all over the UK that they hadn’t seen their relatives for about three or four months. I said that many of my generation were evacuated and I didn’t see my relatives four years. I think I am entitled to mention that.

Jagz this forum would be a much more pleasant experience for many of us if you would stop going on and on and on, about Tories, and those of us who have different views from you about the EU and Scotland’s Independence. You are one of the most prolific contributors to the political topics, but you never contribute any meaningful arguments. It is all childish comments about other users. I exclude this latest post you have addressed to me. I have no issue with that.

You also take great delight in teaming up with Bilbo and Wombat against some other contributors. So it is you sir, with those two who go on and on and on with your verbal diarrhoea comments who have killed this once pleasant website.

Danny

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 6th Jul 2020, 10:26am
Post #464

Mega City Key Holder

Trump:
“Now we have tested almost 40m people. By so doing, we show cases, 99% of which are totally harmless. Results that no other country can show because no other country has the testing that we have, not in terms of the numbers or in terms of quality.”

Dr Anthony Fauci:
“I think it’s pretty obvious that we are not going in the right direction.”

--------------------

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 6th Jul 2020, 12:27pm
Post #465

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (DannyH @ 6th Jul 2020, 11:06am) *
Jagz this forum would be a much more pleasant experience for many of us if you would stop going on and on and on, about Tories, and those of us who have different views from you about the EU and Scotland’s Independence.

You are one of the most prolific contributors to the political topics, but you never contribute any meaningful arguments.

You also take great delight in teaming up with Bilbo and Wombat against some other contributors. So it is you sir, with those two who go on and on and on with your verbal diarrhoea comments who have killed this once pleasant website.

Danny

Danny, how on earth can you complain about me going on about the Tories in political threads?

That's like me complaining about people going on and on about Celtic in the Scottish football thread, and we'll have to agree to disagree about me not making any "meaningful arguments"

And i do not team up with anyone, because others take a similar opinion on certain subjects doesn't mean everyone is ganging up on you, you have recently accused Ash and THH of similar for not agreeing with you.

Because i hold a different opinion on some issues from you doesn't mean that you can insult me yet again (verbal diarrhoea) and can you stop this, "killed this once pleasant website" nonsense, as i have repeatedly said, why would people stop contributing to the other threads on GG because some people disagree on one or two political threads?

I hope Mrs H is doing as well as can be expected?

+Quote Post

34 Pages V  « < 29 30 31 32 33 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th Aug 2020

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.