Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

20 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Should Billy Connolly Enter Politics?, Big Yin wanted to front Unionist agenda
*Guvin Wullie*
post 14th Mar 2014, 04:50am
Post #271

QUOTE (john.mcn @ 12th Mar 2014, 11:00pm) *
Is Billys new catchphrase 'can you tell what it is yet'

aye, crap!

Haud oan ra noo rare chinnar! huv the genuwine criticts hud their say yit. This could be the makins o' a Calardonian Michael Angelo. Or a new re in carnation of Scotlands greatest artist Bud Neil.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mathieson
post 14th Mar 2014, 10:35am
Post #272

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,207
QUOTE (Guvin Wullie @ 14th Mar 2014, 05:07am) *
Haud oan ra noo rare chinnar! huv the genuwine criticts hud their say yit. This could be the makins o' a Calardonian Michael Angelo. Or a new re in carnation of Scotlands greatest artist Bud Neil.

You are quite right Wullie, all this dismissive talk reeks of the "I ken't his faither" syndrome that we Scots (or wee Scots) are prone to spouting when envious of others.
Why shouldn't The Big Yin try his hand at art? thumbup.gif

--------------------
Three cheers for the Red, White and Blue !

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 14th Mar 2014, 04:26pm
Post #273

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545
QUOTE (Mathieson @ 14th Mar 2014, 10:52am) *
Why shouldn't The Big Yin try his hand at art? thumbup.gif

Coz he canny draw tongue.gif

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
wellfield
post 14th Mar 2014, 06:02pm
Post #274

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,235
QUOTE (Ruchazie Rat @ 13th Mar 2014, 08:54am) *
[attachment=45658:horse.jpg]

Is it a self-portrait? Is he saying he`s a horse`s arse?
thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif

Och'...it's just Lobby Dosser by 'Rank Bigyin'

+Quote Post
*guvin wullie*
post 15th Mar 2014, 01:28am
Post #275

QUOTE (john.mcn @ 14th Mar 2014, 04:43pm) *
Coz he canny draw tongue.gif

A kin draw a damnn sight bettur than yon yin an went tae the Glesga school o' Airt tae lern it. But a dont have the hype tae get ma Airt published an if it wisnea fur his muney nae buddy wid even lukit yon pathetic scribbles.

+Quote Post
carmella
post 18th Mar 2014, 10:53am
Post #276

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
QUOTE (Mathieson @ 12th Mar 2014, 12:57pm) *
Like Nicola Sturgeon who took part in a live TV debate and proceeded to screech and wail like a moronic stair-heid ned from start to finish?

Like Joan McAlpine who used Holyrood expenses to pay for a holiday for her married boyfriend, his cuckolded wife and their kids, then tried to cover up the fact and even tried to use the threat of legal action to shut the wife up?

Like Kenny MacAskill who is making a pig's ear of the country's justice system in general and the Abdelbaset al-Megrahi case and the SNP's very own cack-handed anti-sectarianism legislation in particular?

Or even old Shrek Salmond himself who ignores all dissenting comment and maintains that he alone is right - because he said so?

Yeah, bring on the new faces I must say....
Geeza brek! laugh.gif

Absolutely agree with you. I'll tell you all something else. I recently had to install a new boiler. Before this was done, I was told that because I'm putting in a new efficient condenscing boiler, I would get back 850 from the total cost. I said I wasn't on any benefits, so wouldn't be entitled to this, and I have a good income. The Energy Scotland people pointed out to me this had nothing to do with it, I was entitled purely on the basis of replacing my boiler. So I applied for the voucher which took 3 weeks and I had to phone Edinburgh to ascertain where my voucher was, only to be told they could confirm receipt of the application, and inspection report, but that they were having trouble with their email system.

So, it seems I'm on track after returning yet more paper work, because the guy who inspected and took photos of the old boiler in situ, had to return to take pictures of the new boiler in situ, then gave me about 9 pages of paperwork and told me to send it off to Edinburgh by Recorded Delivery "because this is important" - duly sent the large envelope recorded delivery to Edinburgh and patiently awaited the 850 to be credited to my nominated account.

Six weeks on and I've not even had an acknowledgement that the recorded delivery was received, and no money paid into my nominated account.

All of this is yet one more reason why I shall remain in the NO corner - they can't organize, end of.

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 18th Mar 2014, 11:25am
Post #277

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (carmella @ 18th Mar 2014, 11:10am) *
All of this is yet one more reason why I shall remain in the NO corner - they can't organize, end of.

I don't want to take this thread off topic carmella, but you are basing your vote on the referendum because you haven't received your money back yet for replacing your old boiler?

If we vote NO will David Cameron replace all our boilers free of charge?

I must have missed that speech.

+Quote Post
*Guest*
post 18th Mar 2014, 11:40am
Post #278

I think it is perfectly clear from her post that Carmella has no faith in the present SNP administration's to organise and is basing her "No" vote on this fact.

+Quote Post
carmella
post 18th Mar 2014, 10:53pm
Post #279

Mega City Key Holder
No you are quite right Jagz he didn't and won't - and I'm not basing my argument only on my not yet receiving my money, but the lack over many weeks of efficiency, I missed a lot out for the sake of brevity.

Before I'd be a 'yes' voter, the Scottish government would have to prove in several ways, that it would run Scotland better than Billy Connolly or anyone else for that matter. And that all aspects of our lives now and in 100 years' time would be protected for children and grandchildren.

I greatly dislike Alex Salmond, I think if Scotland says yes it will simply be a big kudos hit to him, he wants to be King or at the very least Scottish Prime Minister LOL

I watched as did others, his deputy and the other Labour wumin, before I got sickened and turned the two 'stairheed' women off - they were disgusting.

Don't want to fall out with you Jags because you are probably a nice, sensible man, and you live very close to me and my brother, so you can't be a bad person, but if a lot of people think like you in vast numbers, then we will have a yes vote - but I shall still regret that Scotland went that way, and I'll have to pay for something I didn't vote for.

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 19th Mar 2014, 09:26am
Post #280

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (carmella @ 18th Mar 2014, 11:10pm) *
Before I'd be a 'yes' voter, the Scottish government would have to prove in several ways, that it would run Scotland better than Billy Connolly or anyone else for that matter. And that all aspects of our lives now and in 100 years' time would be protected for children and grandchildren.

I greatly dislike Alex Salmond, I think if Scotland says yes it will simply be a big kudos hit to him, he wants to be King or at the very least Scottish Prime Minister LOL

I watched as did others, his deputy and the other Labour wumin, before I got sickened and turned the two 'stairheed' women off - they were disgusting.

Don't want to fall out with you Jags because you are probably a nice, sensible man, and you live very close to me and my brother, so you can't be a bad person, but if a lot of people think like you in vast numbers, then we will have a yes vote - but I shall still regret that Scotland went that way, and I'll have to pay for something I didn't vote for.

I don't like taking this thread off topic carmella, but since you mentioned Billy Connolly (and now so have i) we should be ok. laugh.gif

I think the present SG has shown it can and does run Scotland properly, the fact that the popularity polls put the SNP way ahead is unprecedented for a government that is in the middle of it's second term, financially John Swinney has the country living within it's means by balancing the books with the limited budget we receive from Westminster, unlike the spiralling UK national debt thanks to Osborne, Darling, Brown's etc failed economic policies.

I doubt if the UK would have gotten into such a mess had Billy Connelly been in charge, so i will be voting YES to protect future generations from these tried and tested Westminster policies of self interest and failure.

Think of the big kudos you and the other NO voters will be giving David Cameron and Co when you give him a big kiss of confidence, letting him and the rest of the Westminster establishment know that Scotland is a toothless tiger that they can use and treat anyway they like, slashed budgets and powers will be just the beginning of the end of Scotland.

Scotland has a First Minister not a Prime Minister, and i assume the King remark was a joke as you are fully aware that Elizabeth will still be Queen.

The Sturgeon/Lamont debate was disgusting as i have said on the other thread, but no more than the disgusting behaviour that you can see every week at PM's question time.

We won't fall out carmella as i am a nice, sensible man, and i am sure that you are probably a nice, sensible woman, and you will understand that unless you vote Tory, a NO vote will mean that we, the people of Scotland will continue to pay for something we didn't vote for.

+Quote Post
carmella
post 19th Mar 2014, 06:23pm
Post #281

Mega City Key Holder
On the King remark you spotted it, of course I do know that Queenie will still be our head - I'm not a royalist though, so it actually doesn't matter to me.

I do like the two boys Wills and Harry though and some of the others are ok, as is the Queen.

You might convince me yet - I should warn you it won't be easy though, broadly I do agree with some of the other things you've mentioned, but I don't want to take this off topic - I'll find a suitable moment to add my 2c worth on the designated thread.

--------------------
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
wombat
post 19th Mar 2014, 08:02pm
Post #282

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
rolleyes.gif

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
Mathieson
post 19th Mar 2014, 11:15pm
Post #283

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,207
Absolutely hilarious! One of your best yet! huh.gif

--------------------
Three cheers for the Red, White and Blue !

+Quote Post
*Guvin Wullie*
post 20th Mar 2014, 12:21am
Post #284

QUOTE (carmella @ 19th Mar 2014, 06:40pm) *
On the King remark you spotted it, of course I do know that Queenie will still be our head - I'm not a royalist though, so it actually doesn't matter to me.

I do like the two boys Wills and Harry though and some of the others are ok, as is the Queen.

You might convince me yet - I should warn you it won't be easy though, broadly I do agree with some of the other things you've mentioned, but I don't want to take this off topic - I'll find a suitable moment to add my 2c worth on the designated thread.

Cant think of anything better than having the english royal family of never worked and never will billionaires being the Scottish answer to Evita Peron. But real royalty at that, still upholding the divine right of kings, to hold more land than they can use, more money than they can spend, more houses than they can live in and more idiot flunkeys than they can count to make sure they never have to lift a finger to cut a ribbon at a baby show.

At least Laird Connely and her majesty's royal knight Sirconniry, made some show of earning their place in an inequitable class ridden society.

+Quote Post
Gallusbisom
post 20th Mar 2014, 01:50am
Post #285

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 856
Gone yersel Wombat! Good yin, lol

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th Oct 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.