Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Duke St & Glenpark St Dennistoun, Any info/photos greatly appreciated
A MORGAN
post 13th Sep 2011, 02:31pm
Post #1

Unpacking
Member No.: 11,677
Hi all, my family were from the east end of Glasgow, Duke streeet and Glenpark street Glasgow. I am particulary interested to see if anyone wouls remember a fruit shop caleed Blacks on duke street that my gran used to work in back in the 1930s Her name was Janet Morgan but was known as Jenny. My gran and granpa were called Margaret and Adam hutchison Morgan and they stayed in Glenpark street. If anyone has any info on them or any old pictures to show me that wouls be amazing smile.gif

Alison
Attached File(s)
Attached File  gramps.bmp ( 634.62K )

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
A MORGAN
post 13th Sep 2011, 02:42pm
Post #2

Unpacking
Member No.: 11,677
ps In the attached photo this is my great gran Margaret and Adam Morgan and their granchild Margaret Dyers , not Jenny Morgan

+Quote Post
*Bridget BRENNAN*
post 4th Dec 2016, 06:31pm
Post #3

QUOTE (A MORGAN @ 13th Sep 2011, 02:31pm) *
Hi all, my family were from the east end of Glasgow, Duke streeet and Glenpark street Glasgow. I am particulary interested to see if anyone wouls remember a fruit shop caleed Blacks on duke street that my gran used to work in back in the 1930s Her name was Janet Morgan but was known as Jenny. My gran and granpa were called Margaret and Adam hutchison Morgan and they stayed in Glenpark street. If anyone has any info on them or any old pictures to show me that wouls be amazing smile.gif

Alison

Dad was born at 63 Glenpark Street in December 1923. His aunty Rose McFarlane lived at 44 Glenpark Street. Wonder if you managed to find any photos?

+Quote Post
*Alison Morgan*
post 5th Aug 2017, 07:27pm
Post #4

Hi Bridget.

Sadly no photos of Glenpark street or The fruit shop on Duke street as yet. Hopefully one day. 😊

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th Aug 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.