Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GG Board Tutorial For Newcomers Needed, How Newcomers can become active
Dunvegan
post 20th May 2011, 01:56am
Post #16

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,038
I would still like to know how to post multiple images, photos, files, images etc. on one reply post????
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rabbie
post 20th May 2011, 02:05am
Post #17

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,794
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 9th May 2011, 12:53pm) *
Touch it and see. laugh.gif

It's painted with yellow and black diagonal stripes with a BIG red N in the middle and has a locking bar!

Ah dare ya!

<~~Cranking up the diesel houchin, me bacon roll has gone cauld.

Attached Image

Oh oh....opps a daisy.

Me roll is well fired and ra bacon is a wee bit crispy too.

Telt ye no to touch it and wit blithering eegit pit the power on...

<~slopes shoodurs.

--------------------
Black holes are where God divided by zero.

+Quote Post
Rabbie
post 20th May 2011, 02:28am
Post #18

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Dunvegan @ 20th May 2011, 03:04am) *
I would still like to know how to post multiple images, photos, files, images etc. on one reply post????

There are restrictions on the file types [extensions .xxx] that can be uploaded, these are detailed in the help section.

Bearing this in mind, in general:-

When replying and wishing to add a file.

Attachments Field. <just below text editor>

1) Select File [browse, this will be your local machine] [Select] [UPLOAD]

2) Manage Current Attachments (x) [Insert] [Delete]

3) [Add Reply]

If ye mess up delete and redo, ye'll get the drift:)

Hope that helps a wee bit.

Let's see..

Oh no, no that polisboax again! Look above the Ices and Confections, there is a ghost of the past peering oot over the lace curtain, see how clean those windows are too, shining!

The wee shop between Jimmy Forrest's and Sadie's selt the most wonderful ham rolls in the world for less than a shilling, an I am talking real ham, no yon Iceland / Tesco value crepe.

I think Sadie may have been Rickie Fulton's maw, might be wrong.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 20th May 2011, 09:47am
Post #19

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
... It's painted with yellow and black diagonal stripes with a BIG red N in the middle and has a locking bar! ...

Whit ... this wan?

Attached Image

Oh ... sorry chiefy wub.gif

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”
― Joseph Heller, God Knows

+Quote Post
Rabbie
post 20th May 2011, 10:02pm
Post #20

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 20th May 2011, 10:55am) *
... It's painted with yellow and black diagonal stripes with a BIG red N in the middle and has a locking bar! ...

Whit ... this wan?

Attached Image

Oh ... sorry chiefy wub.gif

Hamilton, yer on Tea Bar duties fur a month, an maybe a sniff of a fitters course at the end of it! Mind, ah like plenty of mustard on my double cheese an ham rolls, mind that an we will see wit happens.

Nea kidding Tomi, on the Grimrods my Leckie crew was detailed to recover a Jet with a suspected defect on a Spec W circuit and some jumped sprog of an Occifer's idea to locate suspected defect was to power up, manually hold in the CB and override all safety protocols, ye ken.

Pump the pitot to 120 kt IAS, Flaps UP, slip the throttles to >30% shimmy the u/c oleos all with live nasties on board. Ever seen a full bore run with a cab propped up on jacks. That commissioned Eng O's fur ye, as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

What saved the day was that some rigger sprog of an SNCO unzipped a bomb bay fuel tank without checking the fuel gauges or dropping the dip stick and dropped a aboot 10 000lbs of AVTUR on the deck.. <snigger, got a light?> Findhorn Bay was a bio hazard for some time.

That Officer got king dicked with several 36" Stillsons, half throttled with a strap wrench then and was humanely promoted to Whitehall in the Rank of Honorary Group Captain, never to be heard of again thankfully.

The rigger got posted to RAF Halton in the important role as an A Fitt A/E Instructor. <Tinbasher / Spanner wanker>

My auld line cheify; a lovely auld Welsh bloke known as Taff Bryant nearly had a heart attack in his office <The Stables> when this came to light, bit he was a wise Cheif he had the Aircraft F700 with him in the pub, just for safe keeping.

Bless him, he was yer true auld school, no beret and tie man, just yer typical gobby wee Taff erk, but he managed his team well and keep the Airframe / Engines and more importantly his troops well oiled.

Taffy ken' t the Nimrod Airframe / Engine systems inside oot and we always knocked aff at dinner time on Fridays for a habitual trade training sessions. Hic, he was keech leckie as he had no idea how to plug the kettle in or change a light bulb.

It's a wonder the Squadron WO could afford to stand the first rounds of those training sessions, but that's another story.

Fab times, cabbage and PC <DILLIGAF> free.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 20th May 2011, 11:37pm
Post #21

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
I'm sure I knew a Chiefy "Taff" Bryant on bombers, Rabbie ... but that would have been before your time. tongue.gif
Going into the RAF taught me one important lesson in life ... I wasn't the only nutter on the planet; the majority o' us were in the mob. rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”
― Joseph Heller, God Knows

+Quote Post
Rabbie
post 21st May 2011, 03:39am
Post #22

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 21st May 2011, 12:45am) *
I'm sure I knew a Chiefy "Taff" Bryant on bombers, Rabbie ... but that would have been before your time. tongue.gif
Going into the RAF taught me one important lesson in life ... I wasn't the only nutter on the planet; the majority o' us were in the mob. rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

Aye Tomi ye wid have ken't Taff before my time, he would have been a young man then. When I knew him he was well in his 50's and a Dad to all us, a person I remember well and love as a Brother, if ye ken wit a mean.

Only Taff could organise towing a heap of scaffolding across KSS 09 /27, drop it on the threshold when a Shack was doing a bounce on to Lossie and PANIC.

Yer right Tomi we wus nutters, but in the bestest possible fashion. We washed our own skiddies, pressed oor breeks and turned up for work when required with a pensive smile, whilst aviodint the wrath of the haircur saloon recruiter.. The SWO!

Today, ah politely chinned two quarreling chavs engaging in a public text war exchange that exploded into a verbal fisticuffs at the bus stop; auld ladies, young mothers and babies present.

Oh the joys of present youth communication skills.

Grunt Snot Grunt, SOS I guess in the new parlance,

Intervention.

Both parties shook my hand and said "Sorry, Sir". Only after Annie, got her wee black book oot and threatened them with a heid massage.

I must be getting auld, I am sure I never had any massage frea my Missus, except of the wallet sort.

--------------------

+Quote Post
angel
post 4th Dec 2011, 11:24pm
Post #23

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,675
hi looking for abit off help with this as i.m new here and its doing my head in someone please help me to read and send messages n join chat rooms were i can talk to everyone thanks .........

hi bighoops , maybe Martin can help . everything of course is easy when one knows how .. cheers

--------------------
donate to your local food bank .
Pat.

+Quote Post
glasgow lass
post 13th Dec 2011, 03:03pm
Post #24

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,697
I cant get on GG's to brouse theses days without login in, then a cant logout. Tryed at least on four different computers!. Maybe GG is cleaning us aw-up for Christmas. smile.gif

+Quote Post
glasgow lass
post 13th Dec 2011, 03:13pm
Post #25

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,697
biggrin.gif
QUOTE (glasgow lass @ 13th Dec 2011, 02:22pm) *
I cant get on GG's to brouse theses days without login in, then a cant logout. Tryed at least on four different computers!. Maybe GG is cleaning us aw-up for Christmas. smile.gif

aye a know ,,, ,drop the Y and add an I ,,,, rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th Jun 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.