Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Researching Family ‘black’ From Castlemilk, Family research-Sarah,Lewis,Ann/e,Mary Black
dcip61
post 18th Mar 2020, 10:48pm
Post #1

Unpacking
Member No.: 33,450
Looking for any advice or information on a family named Black (Lewis, Sarah, Mary) who, I believe, may have moved to Castlemilk Drive, in Castlemilk, Glasgow around 1958.......they may have had a connection with Birgidale road, which I believe is in the same vicinity.
I believe Lewis at least, remained in the same area in 1960/61, and possibly longer?
I can locate them in the census for this period, but at the moment, this is all the information I have and feel like I’ve hit a brick wall!
There may have been a sister - Ann/e. I think Lewis may have been born somewhere around 1938, give or take a year or two.

Any assistance with this quest will be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you
David
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dcip61
post 19th Mar 2020, 10:45am
Post #2

Unpacking
Member No.: 33,450
QUOTE (dcip61 @ 18th Mar 2020, 10:48pm) *
Looking for any advice or information on a family named Black (Lewis, Sarah, Mary) who, I believe, may have moved to Castlemilk Drive, in Castlemilk, Glasgow around 1958.......they may have had a connection with Birgidale road, which I believe is in the same vicinity.
I believe Lewis at least, remained in the same area in 1960/61, and possibly longer?
I can locate them in the census for this period, but at the moment, this is all the information I have and feel like I’ve hit a brick wall!
There may have been a sister - Ann/e. I think Lewis may have been born somewhere around 1938, give or take a year or two.

Any assistance with this quest will be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you
David
Born in Ross Hospital, Paisley......to Sisters of the Good Shepherd, Bishopton, to Foster care, to adoption, to viewpark.......finally to England.....but home is where the heart is!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2020

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.