Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

18 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> No One To Vote For, Election
john.mcn
post 26th Jun 2017, 10:23pm
Post #166

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545

Someone once said to me
'John McN, Why do you give lengthy, well thought-out answers to somebody who does not return the compliment ?'
maybe I should heed their words and just answer as you do

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dykejumper
post 27th Jun 2017, 12:08am
Post #167

City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,271
Meanwhile back in Govanhill the residents association have arranged a protest march to the
Selfie Queen's office this saturday .Its about the fact that break-ins in the area have doubled, if by chance they get to meet the SQ she will no doubt opine that its all due to austerity cuts by Tory
charlatans.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 27th Jun 2017, 07:35am
Post #168

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 27th Jun 2017, 12:23am) *
Someone once said to me
'John McN, Why do you give lengthy, well thought-out answers to somebody who does not return the compliment ?'
maybe I should heed their words and just answer as you do

You must stop talking to yourself. It'll only lead to disagreement. yes.gif

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 27th Jun 2017, 06:52pm
Post #169

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 27th Jun 2017, 07:35am) *
You must stop talking to yourself. It'll only lead to disagreement. yes.gif

cool.gif

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 28th Jun 2017, 09:13am
Post #170

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 27th Jun 2017, 08:52pm) *
cool.gif

Q.E.D.

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 28th Jun 2017, 10:02pm
Post #171

Mega City Key Holder

So i mention a phrase that someone basically said to me to not bother with those who cant reply with anything but one word replies and emojis.
You reply that I've to stop talking to myself
I reveal that the person who sad it was YOU.
You reply with Q.E.D

Err surely that reply just reinforced my point or are you really that daft not to get it

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 29th Jun 2017, 08:18am
Post #172

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 29th Jun 2017, 12:02am) *
So i mention a phrase that someone basically said to me to not bother with those who cant reply with anything but one word replies and emojis.
You reply that I've to stop talking to myself
I reveal that the person who sad it was YOU.
You reply with Q.E.D

Err surely that reply just reinforced my point or are you really that daft not to get it

My Q.E.D. was referring to the fact that you are obsessional, proven by your trawling back for almost 3 years to find a quote.

As you and I have never been exactly chums, my ancient post was more to annoy Dylan than to support you. The "lengthy" was sincerely meant, but you surely do not believe that "well thought-out" was other than sarcasm.

On reflection, maybe it would be better if you confined your conversations to yourself. It's going that way already.

--------------------

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 29th Jun 2017, 07:41pm
Post #173

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 29th Jun 2017, 08:18am) *
My Q.E.D. was referring to the fact that you are obsessional, proven by your trawling back for almost 3 years to find a quote.

Trawl would suggest that i spent ages just ages browsing pages and happened across it, so far from the truth as I knew you said it, when you said and in reply to a post I did to Dylan. It was less than a minute and 2 or 3 clicks.
As you and I have never been exactly chums, my ancient post was more to annoy Dylan than to support you. The "lengthy" was sincerely meant, but you surely do not believe that "well thought-out" was other than sarcasm.
You're right we were never 'chums' though to be honest i was unaware of any 'bad blood' until out of the blue you started calling me names. For you to now claim it was sarcasm when you obviously did not realise the quote was from yourself and that you have now trawled the thread for your comment (i left the date and post number to make it easy) just makes is so much funnier though biggrin.gif
On reflection, maybe it would be better if you confined your conversations to yourself. It's going that way already.

Yet you keep replying, not debate replying because that would require a modicum of the intelligence you claim to have, instead you reply in the Father Jack style as everyone can see.

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 29th Jun 2017, 09:30pm
Post #174

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 29th Jun 2017, 09:41pm) *
Trawl would suggest that i spent ages just ages browsing pages and happened across it, so far from the truth as I knew you said it, when you said and in reply to a post I did to Dylan. It was less than a minute and 2 or 3 clicks.
You're right we were never 'chums' though to be honest i was unaware of any 'bad blood' until out of the blue you started calling me names. For you to now claim it was sarcasm when you obviously did not realise the quote was from yourself and that you have now trawled the thread for your comment (i left the date and post number to make it easy) just makes is so much funnier though biggrin.gif

Yet you keep replying, not debate replying because that would require a modicum of the intelligence you claim to have, instead you reply in the Father Jack style as everyone can see.

In your delusion, do you really think that many read your crap? I only answer in kind to keep you company, out of the goodness of my heart. My generosity does not stretch very often to actually debating the "points" you make, as I do not wish to be seen as encouraging your dementia.

I fully admitted that I did not recall the thread. It just goes to prove what a weird mind you have, to be able to recall my words and also when the comment was made. Perhaps I should feel flattered but instead I just find it scary.

BTW, I did not trawl the site for the quote, as I did not believe even you were capable of forging the evidence.

Father Jack? When have I ever demanded drink from you? wacko.gif

Keep one eye on the monitor and the other through the windae! thumbup.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 29th Jun 2017, 10:04pm
Post #175

Mega City Key Holder
I dont think anyone believes you have any generosity or sincerity in you. Keep deluding yourself that you offer anything anywhere. You come to this forum to derail and call people names for simply disagreeing with you, not just this forum i see unless of course theres more than one bad tempered auld git called Bill from albunol on the internet.. LOL

Believe it or not but I do recall the talk with Dylan mostly because of all the angrynats shouting UDI at the moment, he though i disagreed with his views, was a far more pleasant individual than you and he understood the difference between banter and a build up of anger due to other 'problems' . That was the main reason I recalled it as lets face it, without the abuse you've dished out both after the 2014 ref and the EU ref you are pretty insignificant and people would be asking billwho?

BTW if you did not seek out the quote, how did you know I was answering Dylan, sudden recollection is it laugh.gif

Gotta laugh though at someone who cant seem to stand me continues to read my posts. cool.gif

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 29th Jun 2017, 10:15pm
Post #176

Mega City Key Holder
Oh dear, obsession is an inadequate description. Unlike you, I have no need to hide my identity, as you no doubt know from this website alone. rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 29th Jun 2017, 10:28pm
Post #177

Mega City Key Holder
So your name is bilbo.s then laugh.gif

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 30th Jun 2017, 07:54am
Post #178

Mega City Key Holder
wacko.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 30th Jun 2017, 11:22am
Post #179

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 29th Jun 2017, 10:30pm) *
as I do not wish to be seen as encouraging your dementia.

To be fair i was quite impressed that John can not only remember a ninteen word sentence wrote almost three years ago but knows exactly where to find within "2 or 3 clicks".

Credit where credits due. thumbup.gif

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 30th Jun 2017, 11:25am
Post #180

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 29th Jun 2017, 11:04pm) *
not just this forum i see unless of course theres more than one bad tempered auld git called Bill from albunol on the internet.. LOL

Thats actually quite sinister John. unsure.gif

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th Oct 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.