Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is The Game Of Football Worth The Lives Of These Men?
mitchell
post 23rd Feb 2015, 01:48am
Post #16

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,377
Unfortunately Bilbo they have a bad reputation as being racists.
As in reply to Billy boil, you will find that Melbourne has got the largest population of Greeks, who are most welcomed Here.
Perth and West Australia in as the largest South African migrants in Australia followed by the English.
That is why the place will never vote Labor.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mitchell
post 23rd Feb 2015, 01:54am
Post #17

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Billy Boil @ 23rd Feb 2015, 12:55am) *
Australia has hard and fast rules against exploitation and racism. Thee figures were announced yesterday on exploitation of visa workers.

Very few South Africans have emigrated to Australia and the great majority of them are very welcome.

You say that a great majority are welcome, do I take it that this is a racist comment regarding the minority who are not welcomed?
Could you please explain what or who the Minority are?

+Quote Post
Dave Grieve
post 23rd Feb 2015, 06:26am
Post #18

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,005
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 23rd Feb 2015, 02:13am) *
Tell us all about Australia's record on racism.

To be honest, after SA fell I thought the bleeding heart liberals would go after Australia, a much easier target than say India with its 'Untouchable" problem

+Quote Post
Dave Grieve
post 23rd Feb 2015, 06:28am
Post #19

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,005
QUOTE (mitchell @ 23rd Feb 2015, 04:11am) *
You say that a great majority are welcome, do I take it that this is a racist comment regarding thinority who are not welcomed?
Could you please explain what or who the Minority are?

I say again the only person on this board that directed a racist insult towards me was you Mitchell

+Quote Post
mitchell
post 23rd Feb 2015, 07:22am
Post #20

Mega City Key Holder
Strange world eh!
Good enough for the White South Africans to get stuck into the majority of coloured people who are the majority in S.A.
When it comes to them getting stuck into the White S.A, they go crying for their mammy.
Get a life pal, this the 21st Century, not the Rhodes and the other white bigots that ran a corrupt regime for years, if not centuries.
Insult you, God you are having a laugh.

+Quote Post
Betsy2009
post 23rd Feb 2015, 09:50am
Post #21

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,701
I was trying to get some help for people who are literally dying in large numbers for the sake of a stupid football match.

How on earth did that turn into a South African/Australian point scoring exercise?

Mitchell?

+Quote Post
ktv
post 23rd Feb 2015, 10:32am
Post #22

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,730
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 23rd Feb 2015, 12:13am) *
Tell us all about Australia's record on institutionalracism.

thumbup.gif

+Quote Post
ktv
post 23rd Feb 2015, 10:37am
Post #23

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Betsy2009 @ 23rd Feb 2015, 10:07am) *
I was trying to get some help for people who are literally dying in large numbers for the sake of a stupid football match.

How on earth did that turn into a South African/Australian point scoring exercise?

Mitchell?

the world cup is a billion $ industry betsy and loads are clambering for a piece of the action so in the countries with more lax building industry more accidents will happen, then of course you've got gang masters basically keeping people prisoner to build the stadiums.

I doubt a boycott would work but I think pressure should be put onto FIFA to uphold their human rights policy and only choose countries that will uphold that policy.

Qatar was picked because of purely marketing purposes, to get the millions from the middle east into the game.

+Quote Post
ktv
post 23rd Feb 2015, 10:41am
Post #24

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 23rd Feb 2015, 06:43am) *
To be honest, after SA fell I thought the bleeding heart liberals would go after Australia, a much easier target than say India with its 'Untouchable" problem

typical deflection post.....no one can criticize any white racist country because there other ones just as bad is that it?

anyone against racism is a "bleeding heart liberal" in your eyes, that's probably why you emigrated to one of the worlds worst places for it.

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 25th Feb 2015, 08:54am
Post #25

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
I guess that Qatar was chosen to host the 2022 World Cup, having read and listened to the evidence, because they paid the biggest bribes. As for their attitude to workers rights and health and safety, there are many in this country who would be happy to see a return to these fine Victorian values rolleyes.gif .

There has been a lot of hand wringing by national football associations since the announcement of Qatar as hosts, and plenty more along the way. Now the recommendation that the tournament should be switched to winter months. I know it will never happen, because of the money involved (and pigs with noses buried well into the trough), but I would have supported the SFA withdrawing from the 2022 competition. If enough nations did, it might eventually send the right message. I won't hold my breath though.

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post
Betsy2009
post 25th Feb 2015, 09:11am
Post #26

Mega City Key Holder
So it's OK for the enslaved workers to die in the heat but we must look after our dainty little footballers?

654,082 on the petition so far - can you help it reach 1,000,000?

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 25th Feb 2015, 09:18am
Post #27

Mega City Key Holder
Betsy, you do have a habit of reading more into a post than is being said. Did I really have to preface my post by saying that one death is one too many.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Betsy2009
post 25th Feb 2015, 09:26am
Post #28

Mega City Key Holder
No, sorry Ashfield. I wasn't getting at you - just the powers that be!

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 25th Feb 2015, 09:34am
Post #29

Mega City Key Holder
No problem. I was trying to make the point that the only thing that will impact on this competition going ahead is national associations withdrawing. Won't happen because of the money involved and the lack of integrity of those running the sport.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 25th Feb 2015, 10:16am
Post #30

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (ashfield @ 25th Feb 2015, 09:11am) *
I know it will never happen, because of the money involved (and pigs with noses buried well into the trough), but I would have supported the SFA withdrawing from the 2022 competition. If enough nations did, it might eventually send the right message. I won't hold my breath though.

I'm with you on this one Ash, i was having a similar conversation with friends, i would like to see all the big FA's play youngsters in qualifying rounds and let less attractive nations qualify and see the tournament bomb through lack of interest.

I know it won't happen though, as you say, "because of the money involved". angry.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.