Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Raglan Street, Any Photo's of Raglan St
ceader bhoy
post 9th Jun 2010, 04:44pm
Post #31

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,576
QUOTE (hudggy @ 9th Jun 2010, 05:24pm) *
Eddy I seem to remember your face from Garscube Rd I know you say you came from Oakbank Terrace.
Jupiter I remamber your aunt and her shop we used to get our fish from her I stayed at 13 Raglan St with my gran she sold candy apples from her window you may remamber.

Hudggy

hudggy she sold candy balls as well remember it was on the left hand side was it the first close, what was her name ??? was the shop across the road drummonds my uncle lived in 16 raglan st mick mckell he run the celtic bus from deeries pub at sawmillfeild st can you remember him??? john foy lived a couple closes downfrom your gran above the chip shop wee major goodbrand came from that street paddy rice cheers c/b
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hudggy
post 9th Jun 2010, 04:54pm
Post #32

Lord Provost
Member No.: 2,399
Hi Ceader bhoy,

John Foy lived right above us he was in 13 it was the third close down from Garscube Rd chip shop was just outside our close the back shop door was in the close. Remember your uncle and your cousins went to school with them. Used to go about with a couple of the Goodbrands just cant remember their names at the moment.

Hudggy

--------------------
When the next lorry comes i'll get a Hudggy

+Quote Post
Dimairt
post 9th Jun 2010, 05:56pm
Post #33

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,616
QUOTE (hudggy @ 9th Jun 2010, 05:24pm) *
Eddy I seem to remember your face from Garscube Rd I know you say you came from Oakbank Terrace.

Hudggy

Hudggy, my face can still be seen around the Garscube Rd.

Le durachd,

Eddy

+Quote Post
*Ruth Evans-Bedwort*
post 8th Nov 2010, 12:36am
Post #34

I am tracing the Scottish side of my family, my searches have led me to 55 Raglan Street, Glasgow.

I think my Great Great Great Grandfather may have lived there in 1901 his name was Alexander Macdonald, his wife was Alice Macdonald nee Brown they had a son James William Macdonald who is my Great Great Grandfather. they must of Emigrated to canada because they both died there.

If any body knows any infomation about them or if I am on the right track I would be greatful to hear from anyone, or any info on this house and street would be interesting to me. my Scottish Ancestry has been an annoying mystery to me for years it would be great to connect with this side of my past. We are also trying to find out if we had a Tartan so I am trying to go back as far as possible.

+Quote Post
*Amy Glasgow Girl*
post 2nd Jan 2011, 10:50pm
Post #35

Hi Robert, i was wondering if you have any info you can give me. Im 18 years old, and my mother and aunts seem to have a mystery family member. My great grandparents grew up in Cowcaddens, and there was an "Aunt Lizzie" we seem to think her name was Elizabeth Scott.

She either worked in or co-owned a fruit shop near or in cowcaddens. The only memory that my mother has is that her Aunt Lizzie had a pet monkey in the fruit shop?? If it was your family who owned the shop, was there a pet monkey present? We need to find out who Lizzie Scott was, as we dont know whether she was actually related to us or not. It has bothered my Mother for over 50 years, and she needs to know. Any information that anyone has would be much appreciated. Many thanks, Amy.

+Quote Post
*alexandra duncan*
post 9th Jan 2011, 09:34am
Post #36

QUOTE (hudggy @ 9th Jun 2010, 04:32pm) *
Hi Ceader bhoy,

John Foy lived right above us he was in 13 it was the third close down from Garscube Rd chip shop was just outside our close the back shop door was in the close. Remember your uncle and your cousins went to school with them. Used to go about with a couple of the Goodbrands just cant remember their names at the moment.

Hudggy

Hi, do you remember the Duncan's at number 19 Raglan Street ? Grace, Alex, Alex junior and David.

+Quote Post
mlconnelly
post 25th Jan 2011, 09:27pm
Post #37

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,809
QUOTE (hudggy @ 9th Jun 2010, 04:32pm) *
Hi Ceader bhoy,

Hudggy

Mick McKell was my uncle and if you know him and my cousins you must know ma Da. His names Wullie Connelly and used help Father Lyne run the Boys Guld football team. Ceader Bhoy is ma Das cousin.

+Quote Post
hudggy
post 26th Jan 2011, 07:58am
Post #38

Lord Provost
Hi miconnelly,

Remember the your fathers name but I am the same age as Mick McKells sons so your father must have been older than me.

Hi *Amy Glasgow Girl,

Cant say I knew a Lizzie Scott or her fruit shop never saw a monkey in any shop my family had a fruit shop in Northwoodside Rd from late 1800s to 1950s but there is none of the older ones alive to ask about your Lizzie sorry.

Hudggy

--------------------

+Quote Post
*Robert Maxwell*
post 15th Feb 2011, 04:38am
Post #39

Hi, I'm researching my ancestry. My grandfather lived in Raglan St, other side of the road to the fish mongers. I remember the toffee apples and a sweet shop with a game where you put a penny in and a ball came down the glass front and the pokey hat ice creams. My Grandfathers name was Robert Maxwell, and my dad was Duncan Drummond Maxwell who had a brother Hugh who married a girl called Margaret and they had a sister called Nelly and there were many more siblings who I can't recall. Does anyone recall any of these people?

+Quote Post
*rakal*
post 1st May 2011, 09:52am
Post #40

Hello to all! I am studying my scottish ancestry, and am a descendant from the Lang family that resided at 13 raglan st, and 259 garscube road. I want to get as much information, written and pictures, on the Langs so I can give my nana a family history album for her 82nd birthday. Does anyone remember a John and Mary Lang of 13 Raglan Street, they were there from 1965-1975...or William and Euphemia Lang who resided with their children at Garscube Road during the years 1901-1921? Thankyou all for your time.

+Quote Post
*scott foy*
post 21st Sep 2011, 02:18am
Post #41

hello my dad name was patrick foy he had a brother john and a sister called tilly does anyone remember them?

+Quote Post
*scott foy*
post 25th Sep 2011, 01:59am
Post #42

does anybody remember patrick foy born 1932 he had an older brother john foy and a sister called matilda'tilly'

+Quote Post
Mags1
post 31st Jan 2012, 01:06am
Post #43

Unpacking
Member No.: 12,363
QUOTE (Ruth Evans-Bedwort @ 7th Nov 2010, 11:52pm) *
I am tracing the Scottish side of my family, my searches have led me to 55 Raglan Street, Glasgow.

I think my Great Great Great Grandfather may have lived there in 1901 his name was Alexander Macdonald, his wife was Alice Macdonald nee Brown they had a son James William Macdonald who is my Great Great Grandfather. they must of Emigrated to canada because they both died there.

If any body knows any infomation about them or if I am on the right track I would be greatful to hear from anyone, or any info on this house and street would be interesting to me. my Scottish Ancestry has been an annoying mystery to me for years it would be great to connect with this side of my past. We are also trying to find out if we had a Tartan so I am trying to go back as far as possible.

Hello Ruth,

I have a copy of the 1901 census in front of me at the moment for 55 Raglan Street, Glasgow.
There is no mention of the names you have quoted.
As far as I am aware the only people at this address were my great great grandfather William Dewar and he lived there at this time with his wife Annie, one daughter named Williamina, one son named William and a grandson named Norman Dewar. I also found out that he died there in 1904.
Feel free to email me back if you would like any more information on where to search, I am curious how your search led you to this address.
All th best,

MAGS

+Quote Post
hudggy
post 31st Jan 2012, 07:55am
Post #44

Lord Provost
Hi raka,

I grew up in 13 Raglan St in the close infact I remember a Mary Lang believe she moved to the Multi flats in Anniesland helped to carry her stuff down to van for her. Sorry I do not have any photos of Raglan St.
Mary had a relative that I met years later when I worked as a janitor in the schools he repaired the electical equipment work for audio visual services of the education dept.

Regards Hudggy

--------------------

+Quote Post
valleyboy38
post 31st Jan 2012, 08:45pm
Post #45

Lord Provost
Member No.: 219
mary have you a brother thomas who used to stay in the milton

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd Jul 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.