Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> You Knocked Me Out, A true story
Crewsy Fixer
post 6th Apr 2011, 10:21pm
Post #1

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,545
Several years back, I was walking along the road going to the shops, a women of my own vintage was approaching, she looked like a skinny version of someone I knew, but as she got closer I saw that it wasnt.

She got nearer and was looking at me, i sort of nodded and she gave a smile back, then stopped, she said, Did you used to Go to ****** **** School?

I never said anything, I was just looking at her, then she said, many years ago?, Yes i replied, many years ago.

You knocked me out. she said. You could have knocked me out when she said it. She went on, Do you remember, in the science class?.

I then remembered, and knew what she was talking about. Many years ago being a new pupil at a new school and not knowing anyone I was taking a bit of a ribbing from the class mates, one day it came to a head in the science class. After class when all the pupils were leaving the room, someone hit me on the back of the head.

I turned and hit the first one there, who happended to be a girl. Down she went. The rest then jumped on me and a mellee ensued in the science class. Later on, when the girl had recovered one of the guys said I had done well for one guy and that was me accepted,

But imagine that coming back to you 40 years later while walking down the road minding your own affairs.

The girl and I had a wee reminisce about childhood trials and tribulations. No grudges. And even accepted she was a cheeky wee sh*te at one time,
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 6th Apr 2011, 10:47pm
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
That caught you by surprise, Crewsy. tongue.gif
I was involved in two knockouts.
One was when I was running to the corner off the school building with my head up and collided right at the corner with a classmate coming the other way with his head down. He got an egg sized bump on the brow and I got an open gash just below my eyebrow. I was carried away unconscious although I could still hear every thing going on around me so although laid out, I must have been semi-conscious.
The other occasion was when I brought my own special-made catty to school to show a mate how powerful it was.
I fired a ball bearing up into the air and we watched it disappear into the sky. We were still trying to trace it's flight when someone about 50 yards away in the playground suddenly dropped like a bag of wet sand to the ground.
Catty went hastily under the school blazer and we strolled off still lookin' at the sky huh.gif cool.gif

--------------------
Wait a minute ... I've got my eye on a burd.

... Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend ...

+Quote Post
Crewsy Fixer
post 6th Apr 2011, 11:03pm
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
biggrin.gif What goes up must come down.

I had another knockout in the Plaza ballroom one night. When a potential bully had decided that I was fair game, silly boy. Down he went.

I want to stress Im not a hard man or fighter. But its allright to recall when a bully was put in place.

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 6th Apr 2011, 11:27pm
Post #4

Mega City Key Holder
I had occasion to stick the nut on a guy who was giving the girl behind the bar in our local in a north German town; Bremen, a hard time. He wouldn't pay his bill and was being stroppy. I made him pay his bill (actually took the money out of his wallet putting his change back in) but he carried on being a nuiscence so I led him to the door to usher him out then he really got on my nerves and I gave him the Glesca kiss.
I had a bit of blood running down into my eyes so I went to the wash room (the bogs) to clean it away.
He'd pulled his head away a bit as I went in wi' mine so I had two nice wee cuts where my nut met his two front teeth. biggrin.gif
See when your nuttin' someone bigger than you, you really have to spring a bit higher. laugh.gif
Really needed more practice; I'm just too nice. rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crewsy Fixer
post 6th Apr 2011, 11:32pm
Post #5

Mega City Key Holder
Warning.

Not for the faint hearted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc6gvyWRkvQ

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 6th Apr 2011, 11:44pm
Post #6

Mega City Key Holder
Never heard o' him. That's the trouble wi' livin' in the Black Forest rolleyes.gif
Just watched the Big Man at the Funeral. laugh.gif
Thanks for the link. Now I know how it's done. cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crewsy Fixer
post 7th Apr 2011, 12:12am
Post #7

Mega City Key Holder
The Big Man isnt too far from reality, His ilk do exist.

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 7th Apr 2011, 12:33am
Post #8

Mega City Key Holder
Inside a' us wee men there's one o' them burstin' tae get oot. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
penny dainty
post 7th Apr 2011, 07:08am
Post #9

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,591
laugh.gif @THH

--------------------
Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

+Quote Post
nippynell
post 7th Apr 2011, 07:39am
Post #10

Special Visitor
Member No.: 9,094
QUOTE (Crewsy Fixer @ 6th Apr 2011, 10:38pm) *
Several years back, I was walking along the road going to the shops, a women of my own vintage was approaching, she looked like a skinny version of someone I knew, but as she got closer I saw that it wasnt.

She got nearer and was looking at me, i sort of nodded and she gave a smile back, then stopped, she said, Did you used to Go to ****** **** School?

I never said anything, I was just looking at her, then she said, many years ago?, Yes i replied, many years ago.

You knocked me out. she said. You could have knocked me out when she said it. She went on, Do you remember, in the science class?.

I then remembered, and knew what she was talking about. Many years ago being a new pupil at a new school and not knowing anyone I was taking a bit of a ribbing from the class mates, one day it came to a head in the science class. After class when all the pupils were leaving the room, someone hit me on the back of the head.

I turned and hit the first one there, who happended to be a girl. Down she went. The rest then jumped on me and a mellee ensued in the science class. Later on, when the girl had recovered one of the guys said I had done well for one guy and that was me accepted,

But imagine that coming back to you 40 years later while walking down the road minding your own affairs.

The girl and I had a wee reminisce about childhood trials and tribulations. No grudges. And even accepted she was a cheeky wee sh*te at one time,

Just as well she did'nt hold a grudge...thats a belter ( excuse the pun ) laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th Jul 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.