Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

16 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> City Centre Police Get Taser Stun Guns, New scheme to protect officers and public
Dylan
post 8th Dec 2013, 09:37am
Post #196

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,936
When I seen your name as the last Poster on this Thread I thought, " Aw naw, another wan" !

A good Post.!!

--------------------
You don't need a weatherman
To know which way the wind blows
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wombat
post 8th Dec 2013, 06:06pm
Post #197

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
yes.gif hear hear

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
*Bluey*
post 11th Dec 2013, 12:25am
Post #198

QUOTE (john.mcn @ 8th Dec 2013, 02:00am) *
I think we need to distance ourselves from police when it comes to squeaky bum situations, i myself have been in situations like this and i can tell you i was quite prepared to do what was needed to walk away, this obviously showed because i'm here to say this without ever demonstrating it..Of course i'm not a law enforcement officer team handed and i see no difference between someone getting tazered and getting beat on by officers.
Every vid i've seen where the suspect has been unarmed and been tazered is assualt in my books, it's nothing more than getting hit with a stick for getting out of line, the police aren't judge and jury and shouldn't mete out punishment when there is no danger to themselves or others. We stopped corporal punishment in schools years ago, it's time we stopped it it out on the streets too.

If you have ever had to take down a demented, dangerous"bam" loaded up with drink and drugs, feeling no pain and being impervious to all attempts at subjugation by conventional means, that without applying a high degree of harmful intervention is near on impossible. Police have every right to go home to their families at the end of their shift intact. If that means applying batons and tasers so be it. The police here in Australia are armed with 9mm automatics and tasers. If thats what it takes to command respect and protect the public then so be it.

+Quote Post
GG
post 17th Apr 2014, 08:33pm
Post #199

Administrator
Group Icon
Member No.: 1
From earlier this month...
Arden Taser cop backed by watchdog

The actions by the officer who discharged the device against the 28-year-old man have been described as "proportionate and justified" by an independent ­police watchdog.

A report by the Police ­Investigations and Review Commissioner concluded that the officer made the right decision to prevent the man injuring himself or the officers at the scene.

The incident occurred in the Arden area of Glasgow in the early hours of Saturday, February 8.

The man, who was violent and drunk and threatening to harm himself, was left unharmed and did not require medical attention. ...

Full story here...
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/taser-c...58315n.23869413

GG.

--------------------
Help: Register :: Login :: Forgot password? :: gg@glasgowguide.co.uk

+Quote Post
*rush*
post 18th Apr 2014, 10:19am
Post #200

Some of the comments beggar belief. One poster calls the cops "a pack of nazi thugs" when they beat up an aboriginal man and then reply's his choice of protection would be a uzi 9mm? in another post he answers. Double standards.

While these reports are disturbing, they are in a minority and a shame that people will tar the millions of good police officers round the world with the few bad ones who eventually get arrested.

+Quote Post
*Tally Rand*
post 24th Apr 2014, 12:16am
Post #201

QUOTE (Dylan @ 7th Dec 2013, 08:33pm) *
An Uzi 9mm.?

If you ever saw the damage a 9mm Uzi can do....... Taser me any time.

+Quote Post
*Tally Rand*
post 24th Apr 2014, 12:29am
Post #202

QUOTE (rush @ 18th Apr 2014, 10:36am) *
Some of the comments beggar belief. One poster calls the cops "a pack of nazi thugs" when they beat up an aboriginal man and then reply's his choice of protection would be a uzi 9mm? in another post he answers. Double standards.

While these reports are disturbing, they are in a minority and a shame that people will tar the millions of good police officers round the world with the few bad ones who eventually get arrested.

In Melbourne in the late 90s there were over 20 gun deaths all related to a single criminal fraternity. As an offshoot criminal cops were taken to trial and I was selected for the jury pool. To cross the road from the justice administration head quarters, 12 at a time We were surround by no fewer than 12 heavily armed police and court protection officers. Prior to naming the cops involved in his drug empire, Carl Williams managed to get himself murdered on camera in a high security jail cell by his best friend. Yes a minority of bad cops still to this day serve themselves to the detriment of society. Saying that however, does not detract from the fact that when faced with armed and dangerous druggies, the police are condemned if they shoot them and now there are those who refer to them as thugs and fascists if they use stun guns instead of 9mm bullets.

+Quote Post
Scotsman
post 1st May 2014, 11:19am
Post #203

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,353
On the BBC today.... is this how people should be treated??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-27225260

+Quote Post
Dylan
post 1st May 2014, 12:11pm
Post #204

Mega City Key Holder
Absolutely disgraceful.

The PC should be dismissed and convicted of assault.

--------------------

+Quote Post
wombat
post 16th Jun 2014, 09:53pm
Post #205

Mega City Key Holder
unsure.gif http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/natio...f-1226820340880 unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
wombat
post 16th Jun 2014, 09:58pm
Post #206

Mega City Key Holder
unsure.gif unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dylan
post 17th Jul 2014, 08:34am
Post #207

Mega City Key Holder
MacAskill said the people of Scotland want their police to be Armed .

Working with the scary Stephen House they have sneaked them in by the back door !.

Armed Police are now walking our streets and it is their intention to roll this out .

House also, with MacAskill's blessing wants to ban drinking and close Pubs ,at all street,, park events, football games/carnivals etc.

They have met more resistance to this than from arming the Police ?.

I fear we are sleep walking into an authoritarian society.

This manifests itself in the OTT " Security " measures implemented for " The Games " !.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Scotsman
post 17th Jul 2014, 09:14am
Post #208

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,353
Totally agree about MacAskill.... if the guy is not up to the job because he is a feartie then he should be turfed out right away.... if he is not then Salmond and the SNP should be held to account for their weakness.

Just read this in the Record today.... absolutely scandalous!!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/crime/bo...ry-says-3871810

+Quote Post
ktv
post 17th Jul 2014, 12:19pm
Post #209

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,730
I know this pic is the US version of police (I couldn't find a uk one) but it just shows the increasing militarisation of the police forces over the years.

theres is absolutely no justification for armed police to attend minor incidents and it will only increase the chances of something going wrong.
they tried to justify it (at first) in rural areas by saying they had to back up to rely on but when they would normally reach for a baton or taser they could now as easily reach for a gun. only seemed to have happened after "police Scotland" was created too so I think macaskil has to pull his finger out and reign in House before some one gets killed by some frightened copper.

agree too that the "security" measures for the CW games take zero account of the locals in the area and can only lead to more animosity towards the police.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Dylan
post 18th Jul 2014, 07:38am
Post #210

Mega City Key Holder
The decision for our Police to carry Guns, is a one man decision.

Stephen House.

MacAskill refuses to rein him in..

Salmond says it is an " Operational matter " to be made by House and only House .

We can only hope that opposition will continue to grow and his authority curtailed.

A decision of this magnitude surely can not be made by an unelected person.?

I have written to my MSP and MP.!

--------------------

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th Dec 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.