Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

182 Pages V  « < 177 178 179 180 181 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coronovirus?, How it spreads!
JAGZ1876
post 22nd Jan 2021, 05:43pm
Post #2671

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 22nd Jan 2021, 05:36pm) *
Are flies generally attracted to you?

Only if you're standing next to me with your mouth open. laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 22nd Jan 2021, 06:05pm
Post #2672

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 22nd Jan 2021, 05:41pm) *
Good to see an Internationally renowned medical expert praise our Government for their handling of the vaccine roll out and general approach to the pandemic, that may reassure some people who have been subjected to repeated Tory lies.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19031217....se-doctor-says/

I watched FM questions with the soon to be departed to the House of HypocritesLords and Tory stand in, Ruth Davidson trying to make an issue of how many doses had been dispensed in Scotland against the whole of the UK. She had the cheek to say you couldn't redden the FMs neck with a blow lamp the week before. Clearly she lives in a house without mirrors. The sooner Davidson gets out of this place to a cosy London retreat the better. The Labour stand in, and purveyor of both Brexit and Independence misinformation, Jackie Baillie was not much better. What a shower huh.gif

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 22nd Jan 2021, 07:04pm
Post #2673

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,884
This isn't a forum for fair and open debate. Despite years of participation, there's no room for alternative politics, not amongst its bunch of diehard nationalists. My very last few pages on here are all the proof I need to tell me my time on here is up.

Scotland's soul will continue to be troubled until the issue of independence is somehow resolved one way or another. And either way, I for one will be a relieved man if or when that day comes.

I have no more time to waste going around in circles, which is all this forum does, during these historical times of global struggle.

Thank you GG for the moments of learning and the chance to express opinion and be proven right and wrong in equal measure. I wish the forum better times.

Good bye, for good.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 22nd Jan 2021, 07:42pm
Post #2674

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
Watch this space! Another Danny Boy in the making! We should be so lucky to witness his farewell performance! Hahaha!

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 23rd Jan 2021, 09:17am
Post #2675

Mega City Key Holder
A "drama queen" has left the building eyebrow.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 23rd Jan 2021, 11:55am
Post #2676

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 22nd Jan 2021, 07:04pm) *
This isn't a forum for fair and open debate. Despite years of participation, there's no room for alternative politics, not amongst its bunch of diehard nationalists.

What you really mean is you hate having your die hard nationalist posts questioned and debunked, although i'm surprised you could spend as much time as you did on here as a key worker, then again, you had the whole of December off so maybe you're not as much a key worker as you tried to portray?

Now we'll never know which English based party you'll be campaigning for in May. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 25th Jan 2021, 08:04am
Post #2677

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
After having gone through the news reports in the papers over the weekend regarding the shocks that people woke up to with two outstanding figures to read and inwardly digest on the Covid updates, namely the 100,000 deaths mark being passed and the 500 cases being recorded among the people workiong in the DVLC offices in Swansea and wondering why we've come to this stage, I had to draw this sad conclusion ... nobody gives a shite!
With the UK's population being about 20% of that of the USA, 100,000 deaths puts us on a par with the US's high death toll, if not larger, and we had that all down to Trump's mismanagement and playing it down as something that would simply go away; here today and gone tomorrow: a flu.
I think him and Bojo getting it and being back on their feet told a certain age group that it really was an olg gus' problem: 90% of deaths are in the Old Guys age groups; which I suppose covers the most of us swo the conclusion among the younger age groups is they might just be, molre or less, fireproof in their pubs and restauraunts, holidays abroad and wee parties at home when they get back; and bugger these stupid masks.
DVLC Swansea bosses insist they have taken every precaution; 500 cases within their officees or not.
The newer mutations are said to be 30% more dedly but who gives a shite; the fit and healthy will shake it off like a flue they suppose.
My mate Kriss, now happily married with three wee kids under 5, is a staunch believer in the herd immunity factor whereby 70/80% of the populace need to catch it to make it ineffective, or words to that effect.
For some reason we are not too shocked to read that a guy in prison for the murser of a 13 year old girl was moved up the priority list for a Covid jab.
So, in a nutshell, nobody gives a shite: except us vulnerable old guys rolleyes.gif

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”
― Joseph Heller, God Knows

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 25th Jan 2021, 08:48am
Post #2678

Mega City Key Holder
Couldn't get on yesterday huh.gif

Tomi, thank you for your restraint as I'm tempted to use even stronger language. As you all know, I don't subscribe to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc but I am on another special interest forum. The majority of the folks on there can reasonably be described as being in the older age bracket. There are regular discussions about how difficult life is in lockdown but at the same time, many of those complaining, talk about the various ways they circumvent the restrictions. It's the old classic that some people think the rules are for others and not for them. I despair sad.gif

Meanwhile I await our "blue" envelope with news of a date for my first jab, I hope it's soon yes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 25th Jan 2021, 10:34am
Post #2679

Mega City Key Holder
Ash, the joke was that the UK government leaders seemed to be in a quandry about Brits coming back into the UK as in Shall we quarantine every one coming back or just those returning from holidays ?
Germany has 9 land borders and two maritime borders which are all closed (except for border crossing workers unsure.gif ) and I think there are restrictions totaling twenty two EU contries ... for all the good that's dping.
I kept an appointment at my local hospital 13th of this month; the 4th appointment since November, to confirm an appointment date for my hip joint replacement which they told me back then should definitely not be put off till '21 as it will get much worse causing me a lot more damage to the leg and hip bones leading to much pain and mobile difficulty.
When I saw the doctor who had given me that prognosis he ask me how I felt, was I still walking the dog and how's about waiting till March or April before we look at it again; covid and all that that incurs with shortages of beds and staff.
Suits me fine Herr Doktor: last place I want to be right now is in a hospital when I can meander through snow laden fields wathching Dylan chase crows and deer.
So middle of April 's the next appointment to see if an appointment can be secured and I said I'd be OK with that even if it was April '22.
right now I'm looking out the window and watching great big soft snowflakes coming down again so we'll be off out soon biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 26th Jan 2021, 12:07pm
Post #2680

Mega City Key Holder
Got my white "blue" envelope this morning with the appointment for my first dose of the vaccine, two weeks on Thursday. Bring it on yes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 26th Jan 2021, 02:13pm
Post #2681

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (ashfield @ 26th Jan 2021, 12:07pm) *
Got my white "blue" envelope this morning with the appointment for my first dose of the vaccine, two weeks on Thursday. Bring it on yes.gif

And the Yoon media still tried to make a SNP Baaaaadddd story about the colour of the envelope, Kem would be proud of this one. laugh.gif

https://news.stv.tv/politics/blunder-over-e...cine-letter?top

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 26th Jan 2021, 02:27pm
Post #2682

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 26th Jan 2021, 02:13pm) *
And the Yoon media still tried to make a SNP Baaaaadddd story about the colour of the envelope, Kem would be proud of this one. laugh.gif

https://news.stv.tv/politics/blunder-over-e...cine-letter?top

Aye, ah just coloured mine in with a felt tip.........in green of course laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 26th Jan 2021, 05:20pm
Post #2683

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (ashfield @ 26th Jan 2021, 02:27pm) *
Aye, ah just coloured mine in with a felt tip.........in green of course laugh.gif

laugh.gif

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 27th Jan 2021, 09:38am
Post #2684

Mega City Key Holder
I'm deeply sorry for every life lost

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 27th Jan 2021, 09:44am
Post #2685

Mega City Key Holder
Now go pack your bags, Bojo. The sgame's over.

--------------------

+Quote Post

182 Pages V  « < 177 178 179 180 181 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd Mar 2021

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.