Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

1414 Pages V  « < 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scottish Independence, About voting yes/no
Rating 4 V
wombat
post 5th Jun 2018, 09:03pm
Post #20986

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 5th Jun 2018, 09:09am) *
Wombat, Funny how a member with such on over-inflated sense of his intelligence, and pride in his ability to write his own words, has such difficulty in adhering to the topic in question, Scottish independence.

tongue.gif we're all guilty of going off thread at times M8. laugh.gif

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 5th Jun 2018, 09:25pm
Post #20987

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
Off the thread is one thing- off the trolley another! wacko.gif

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
wombat
post 5th Jun 2018, 09:42pm
Post #20988

Mega City Key Holder
rolleyes.gif I would say confused,not off the trolley smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 5th Jun 2018, 10:38pm
Post #20989

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 5th Jun 2018, 09:09am) *
Wombat, Funny how a member with such on over-inflated sense of his intelligence, and pride in his ability to write his own words, has such difficulty in adhering to the topic in question, Scottish independence.

Bilbo, I have lost count of the number of times you have criticised others on this forum, for grammatical errors, spelling errors, and even rebuked one contributer for not keeping to the protocol expected for flying national flags, so your remark about me not adhering to the topic is another example of your arrogance.

It also illustrates that although you may consider yourself to be an educated man, your comment shows that your education stopped when you left school. Any person who is a mature adult is aware that with every topic, there are issues to be dealt with. With your Nero mentality, you have failed to grasp that what is going on in Spain right now is an issue which affects the future of Scotland. I have addressed this issue. It is not me who made it an issue of Scoltand's independence. It is the SNP leadership, and it is a mistake which they will regret.

Nicola Sturgeon is showing lack of maturity when it comes to handling Scotland's Independence. Instead of focussing on issues which would unite the citizens of Scotland, in her drive for Independence, she has split us. Membership of the EU is now her main ambition for Scotland. She wants a free flow of people into the country because, she claims, we have an ageing population.
In other words she wants Scotland to be in the EU.

So this is where my comments to you regarding Spain are relevant to this topic. With the Basque Region of Spain and Catalonia giving the Spanish Government a headache, there is NO WAY that any Spanish Government could or would support an Independent Scotland's application for EU membership.

So before you make accusations about me not addressing the topic, get some education on what the word 'ISSUE' means Nero.

Danny Harris

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 6th Jun 2018, 07:11am
Post #20990

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (wombat @ 5th Jun 2018, 11:42pm) *
rolleyes.gif I would say confused,not off the trolley smile.gif

Wombat, you are too kind!

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 6th Jun 2018, 10:55pm
Post #20991

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 6th Jun 2018, 08:11am) *
Wombat, you are too kind!

I think the best thing for me to do right now is to say to Nero and his court jester Wombat, let’s see who is laughing after Spain, metaphorically speaking, has been badly burnt by the Catalans and the Basque people.

Let’s also wait and see if the Spanish Government gives support to an Independent Scotland’s application for EU membership.

It may be a few years before this application for EU membership will be made by the SNP, so in the meantime, will Bilbo please answer a simple question. Do you support the Catalans in their quest for Independence?

To make it easier for you to answer, all I am asking is for a straight YES or No.

Danny Harris

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 10th Jun 2018, 05:09pm
Post #20992

Mega City Key Holder
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8YNuG6VY3c

--------------------

+Quote Post
kenb
post 10th Jun 2018, 10:51pm
Post #20993

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 11,294
[quote name='bilbo.s' date='10th Jun 2018, 06:09pm' post='3738274']
[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8YNuG6VY3c"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8YNuG6VYbilbo still avoiding answering except by cut and paste or putting links to newspapers or youtube what was i supposed take from the heed bummer of thesnazi party conference speech was it that you didnt want us to watch well i wont in future cause she did not answer any relevant question s

--------------------
WEY HEY

+Quote Post
Dykejumper
post 12th Jun 2018, 11:00am
Post #20994

City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,271
Friends ! I can announce today that I am grateful to bilbo for posting La Sturgeon's conference
speech.It was very entertaining to see her preaching to the converted though I was puzzled
as to why we got so many camera shots of her backside.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 12th Jun 2018, 11:48am
Post #20995

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 12th Jun 2018, 01:00pm) *
Friends ! I can announce today that I am grateful to bilbo for posting La Sturgeon's conference
speech.It was very entertaining to see her preaching to the converted though I was puzzled

Those were just for you, baby! tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 12th Jun 2018, 11:55am
Post #20996

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 12th Jun 2018, 12:00pm) *

Well spotted, you would make a great Sherlock Holmes. Imagine, the party leader giving a speech at their party’s conference preaching to the converted. You wouldn’t get the Tories or Labour getting up to those kind of shenanigans rolleyes.gif

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post
wombat
post 12th Jun 2018, 09:41pm
Post #20997

Mega City Key Holder
rolleyes.gif courageous wee wummin takin on the CREEPS fae westminster thumbup.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 13th Jun 2018, 06:24pm
Post #20998

Mega City Key Holder
On the subject of alcohol, I enjoy a glass of wine with my evening meal. So my average consumption of wine is approximately one bottle per week.

The reason I have brought this up is that recent events have made me think that the SNP has double standards when it comes to alcohol. It boasts we are the first country in the world to apply a per unit tax on alcohol.

Apparently this is to try and decrease the amount of alcohol being consumed by the Scottish public.
Fair enough, but is that it?

Does the SNP say to the alcohol producers of Scotland, "Listen lads, we think you should stop sending so much alcohol to China. We know you bring in a fortune from countries outside of Scotland, but it is embarrassing when we go abroad to try and boost our trade with countries like China, because we try to get the best trade agreements for Scottish alcohol producers. So when they ask us are we going to put a per unit tax on exported alcohol products, we reply Haud Yer Wheest. Even the Chinese understand what this means.

Another issue is, this country introduces a tax on alcohol, but reduces the punishment meted out to alcohol abusers who kill or maim innocent people.

Last week it was reported that a woman who was FIVE times over the legal alcohol limit was driving a car when it was involved in an incident. The driver of the other car sustained serious multiple injuries, requiring a long stay in hospital.

At her court appearance, she was accompanied by a male acquaintance who said he would pay any fine she received. The judge didn't fall for that one. No, no. He gave her a Community Pay Back sentence. To those readers who are not aware what this means. It means she will do unpaid work in the community for a few months at most within a specified time. I haven't heard any protest from the SNP about what is happening within our legal system that.

The question I ask myself is, "When these people are doing unpaid Community Service, where do they get the money to pay their rent and pay for their food?

What must the victims of these crimes feel like? The concern seems to be about the offenders interest.

Danny Harris

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 14th Jun 2018, 07:56am
Post #20999

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
Danny, I’m a bit unsure why your post is here, is it about the performance of the current Scottish Government? The SNP want Independence for Scotland and they are currently the party in power at the Scottish Parliament, it does not mean that they would automatically be in power for ever if Scotland was independent.

I currently support the SNP as the party in Scotland most able to deliver the best policies for the majority of those living here, but that could change. My allegiance to another party ended when it lost it’s ethos and became more about those running it than those it was being run for.

As it happens I don’t support the SNP policy on alcohol minimum pricing, but this is not the place to discuss that as a thread already exists elsewhere. Neither can I offer an opinion on the case you mention as, without knowing all the circumstances, it would be inappropriate to comment. A link to the story might have helped.

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 14th Jun 2018, 10:05am
Post #21000

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (kenb @ 10th Jun 2018, 11:51pm) *
the heed bummer of thesnazi party conference speech was it that you didnt want us to watch well i wont in future cause she did not answer any relevant question s

Could you explain your extremely offensive post Kerb?

Theres only one party who have links to Nazi far right groups and it ain't the SNP, i think you've been in England too long as you clearly have no idea of politics in Scotland.

And what questions did the FM fail to answer?

+Quote Post

1414 Pages V  « < 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th Nov 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.