Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scotstoun And Yoker, Memories of the area
Rating 5 V
*Brian Armstrong*
post 7th May 2014, 12:04am
Post #61

Memories
QUOTE (rosiedouglas123456 @ 13th Jul 2012, 02:03pm) *
hi linda from yoker names rosie douglas lived in 208 langholm street loved it back then the house we stayed in is still there just revamped a bit still a close probely have nae rats running aroon the midden like we did loved the wee park and that see saw i fell aff it banged my heed lol but i remember the lovely cafe where we all went with oor pals for ice cream showing aff anyway linda im on facebook if you ever want to chat under rosie douglas as no one knows me by my married name takecare bye

HI Rosie smile.gif

This is the first time I have thought about doing any related search on my old hometown Glasgow. I was born in Dobbies Lone and moved to Yoker when i was 2 years of age. I found this forum and to my surprise all these names started popping up especially from 208 Langholm street, where I lived from the age of 2 until 11 62/71 I remember your family, and the Gourlies who were our next door neighbours at the top of the close.

I must say I was upset reading your comments and our name not being mentioned (JOKE). My Father was James Armstrong Sadly passed away 15/05/13 Mum Eileen passed away 97, Sisters Heather, Sharon, and Jaquline, Jaquline still lives in Partick. I used to hang about with one of the Gourlies and James Findley fae doon the road.

It wis good hearing the old stories from yourself and others about playing doon at the railway tracks and the rats and the middens, loved it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
*Christine Innes*
post 6th Jul 2014, 11:50am
Post #62

Hi, I am trying to get in touch with Robert & Steven (pudgy) Bennet. I am married to Dougie Inness from Yoker. I am Christine Toner and lived in Scotstoun. I went to St Brendan's then St Thomas Aquinas. I am on Facebook if anyone can help me find my old pals.
Cheers

+Quote Post
*dorothy moore*
post 6th Sep 2014, 09:41pm
Post #63

QUOTE (Foxy52 @ 8th Jul 2013, 09:52am) *
Does anyone remember the Barr family who l think lived in Langholm St.
Jamesie was a Downs Syndrome kid. I met his sister l think it was 1972 at a dance. Her name was Mary-Anne, l think the mothers name was Dot?
Cheers
Foxy

Hi I know the Mary Anne your speaking off, she is my aunt.

+Quote Post
*Mary Wheeler*
post 15th Sep 2015, 10:25pm
Post #64

QUOTE (David Curran @ 29th Apr 2014, 03:20pm) *
It is nice to see that my sister Alison Curran is still remembered and thought about outside the family. Thank you all for keeping her memory alive. David Curran

Hi David cannot believe after all these years somebody especially Alison's brother is on here, I remember that day like it was yesterday, she was a lovely girl and my sister Rosie's friend . I also still remember the song your sister Maureen sang at Alison's funeral . well at the sally Ann where we all used to go it was called { If I was a beautiful twinkling star } I still sing it to this day . lovely song and so perfect , I hope your family are well .take care catch up soon Mary Wheeler back then was Douglas from 208 Langholm Street !!!

+Quote Post
*joanne sillars*
post 4th Jan 2016, 06:31pm
Post #65

QUOTE (linda barr @ 27th Aug 2010, 04:48pm) *
I lived in 7 Langholm Street in the early 60's till about 1967. I remember my mum hated it, she thought it was too rough. I remember the freedom, we used to get the bus to school by ourselves, we were only 6! We used to go out to play and not come home for hours, and my mum had no idea where we were. I have my old school photo, some of the children look very poor, tatty shoes and shabby clothes but I can't remember ever noticing it. In the photo I remember Ian, Joe, Nancy and Helen. I went back to find it a few years back and had a bit of trouble because of the name change but when I did get there the whole of the street had been knocked down apart from the bit at the top I'd lived in so I was able to take some photographs. We left to move to Dunblane, what a difference. The children at my new school used to comment on my broad glasgow accent. I often wonder if my life would have been any different if I'd stayed in Langholm street. I only have happy memories of the place.

+Quote Post
*Maureen Cameron*
post 5th Apr 2016, 09:31am
Post #66

Just found this thread.
I was born in 91 Langholm Street. Lived with our nanny and granda.
There were LOADS of us living there! The name was Reynolds. I have 3 brothers and 2 sisters.
Aunties and uncles were still living in the house too. We grew up with them. To many to mention.
If anyone knew the Reynolds family, you would know they were quite a big family yes.gif

+Quote Post
Betsy2009
post 5th Apr 2016, 10:45am
Post #67

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,701
Hello Maureen. Yes - I'm one of the LOADS! I was born there but you'll be too young to remember that!

+Quote Post
**Sarahclark**
post 21st Aug 2016, 04:14pm
Post #68

QUOTE (donnadoo @ 22nd Jul 2012, 05:13pm) *
I lived at number 20 Langholm Street from 1960 to 1974 went to yoker primary and then victoria drive lived across the road from the Bennets and next close to the Higgins other neighbours i remember were the clarks who s young brother died in a hit and run when he was 5 my family name was Reid

Hi, that was my family. His name was Stephen. My dad is the oldest of them (John) and joined the army not long after. They remained on Langholm Street 20 years after Stephen passed.

+Quote Post
*Jim c*
post 10th Feb 2017, 11:11am
Post #69

QUOTE (karen63 @ 5th Jul 2011, 09:06pm) *
Hi, Dont know if any one can help me, i used to live at 150, langholm street, we left there to move down south in 1970, i am trying to trace anyone who remembers us, family name Crabb, Alex, Nancy, Rhonda,Alex,Joyce, Jimmy,Karen and Wee Nancy, thanks

+Quote Post
**Jean**
post 25th Jun 2017, 09:03pm
Post #70

QUOTE (karen baker @ 30th Jan 2012, 12:57am) *
HI TAM i remember that she was alison currian she lived next door to the fearns 103 langholm st and her pal was margaret duncanson who was badlt burned in the accident im sure there was a boy as well
Hi was the little girl badly burned in this accident called Nancy Gallagher, i lived at 150 Langholm Street we left for Southampton in 1971

Hi my name is Jean fern I lived next door to Alison my mum and dad were friends with the family my mum and dad went up to see her in hospital was horrible what's your second name team did u no the mc carthy from the street ann was my best friend my sister and brother still live in the same Street Billy and roseann fern good memories back then but not the same eny more go down the street quite a lot stay in cumbernauld now.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd Nov 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.