Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Leaving Glasgow, Experience of the trip
scossie
post 31st Jan 2007, 11:30am
Post #31

Super Resident
Member No.: 3,223
Sorry Webmaister fur awe them posts..Ah wiz tryin tae kill a Mozzie that wiz sittin oan ma moose.lol unsure.gif
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Jockstrap
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
scossie
post 31st Jan 2007, 01:39pm
Post #32

Super Resident
Diva in no knickers danger from 'upmarket' crowd
The Australian - 32 minutes ago
OPERA singer Kiri Te Kanawa wouldn't have been in danger from flying knickers during a live performance with John Farnham, because the upmarket audience would have been sitting down, a Sydney court heard yesterday.
Ah well.Ye cannae win them awe.
Could have been flyin foxbats.Chasing mangoe's.While John wiz daein a tango.lol...awlavwa...Ma wee munchkin's..
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Jockstrap

+Quote Post
lindamac
post 1st Feb 2007, 01:29am
Post #33

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,807
laugh.gif sure youve no been intae the Gabby watter Jock hahaha Here Noo ave Got a massive Mango Tree in ma Backyerdhaha.Jock It was doon the hill frae where you wurr that wee trebor factory in auchanairn rd facing the LittleHill Golf course mibees ye left afore it was built am talkin early 60s/70s pal.further doon hill & onto the flat part afore the bend was a wee shoap cawed Tommy Raes Bought & owned by some fibawler.Crickey noo yer talkin a didney exist wen the trams wurr aroon Jock haha mind you I had pals awe oer Milton ie Mingulay st Toragay & scaraway streets haha Actualy oor Georgia oan this here board was frae Milton tae so she mibee knows plenty of witt yer sain, I went tae Colston school & ave faimly bought a hoose facing whurr it used tae be,mind where the colston welpark church was? thurr was a fitba park named the Johnstone? aye well they chinged it awe the church is still there but the Johnstone grounds is awe hooses as is Colston.

Mind the big hoose with the Lions in it oan that road tae Milton passed a live railway? summitt like yoan epataph in the square? well its a hotel noo & awe the dummy railways awe got filt in & shoaps /businesses built instead. when wurr ye last hame? maist o springburns a precinct & flyover nowadays it virtualy gets bypassed. yeed be shocked at many a thing thats chinged some good some mental.

come further intae the boards pal & shoutboax n oor wee cyber pub moan then Al shout ye a drink in there pal jist click oanwhere it says cyberpub in General chitchat area. Jings that Poor hoathoose is smashed tae smithereens noo & abandoned boarded up cos o vandals noo,A saw it last year Jock very sad,funny enuff it was there I found my love for the auld Palm tree ave several Alexander Palms in ma front yerd. Here noo a went furr a pub lunch in the auchanairn Tavern last year tae some yummy scampi & pub was charmin tae.Jist like the folk. :lol:Whurr ye livin Noo Jock? am in suburbia in Brizzy oot at Algester ,Ave been tae Bribie wance and didney like it & that was jist 2 yrs ago no ma cuppa Tea a prefer currimundi or Broadbeach/ Rainbow beach tae.

--------------------
Ye Cin Take The Lassie Oota Glesga But Ye Cannae Take Glesga Oota The Lassie

+Quote Post
scossie
post 1st Feb 2007, 08:48am
Post #34

Super Resident
QUOTE (lindamac @ 1st Feb 2007, 01:46 AM)
laugh.gif sure youve no been intae the Gabby watter Jock hahaha Here Noo ave Got a massive Mango Tree in ma Backyerdhaha.Jock It was doon the hill frae where you wurr that wee trebor factory in auchanairn rd facing the LittleHill Golf course mibees ye left afore it was built am talkin early 60s/70s pal.further doon hill & onto the flat part afore the bend was a wee shoap cawed Tommy Raes Bought & owned by some fibawler.Crickey noo yer talkin a didney exist wen the trams wurr aroon Jock haha mind you I had pals awe oer Milton ie Mingulay st Toragay & scaraway streets haha Actualy oor Georgia oan this here board was frae Milton tae so she mibee knows plenty of witt yer sain, I went tae Colston school & ave faimly bought a hoose facing whurr it used tae be,mind where the colston welpark church was? thurr was a fitba park named the Johnstone? aye well they chinged it awe the church is still there but the Johnstone grounds is awe hooses as is Colston.

Mind the big hoose with the Lions in it oan that road tae Milton passed a live railway? summitt like yoan epataph in the square? well its a hotel noo & awe the dummy railways awe got filt in & shoaps /businesses built instead. when wurr ye last hame? maist o springburns a precinct & flyover nowadays it virtualy gets bypassed. yeed be shocked at many a thing thats chinged some good some mental.

come further intae the boards pal & shoutboax n oor wee cyber pub moan then Al shout ye a drink in there pal jist click oanwhere it says cyberpub in General chitchat area. Jings that Poor hoathoose is smashed tae smithereens noo & abandoned boarded up cos o vandals noo,A saw it last year Jock very sad,funny enuff it was there I found my love for the auld Palm tree ave several Alexander Palms in ma front yerd. Here noo a went furr a pub lunch in the auchanairn Tavern last year tae some yummy scampi & pub was charmin tae.Jist like the folk. :lol:Whurr ye livin Noo Jock? am in suburbia in Brizzy oot at Algester ,Ave been tae Bribie wance and didney like it & that was jist 2 yrs ago no ma cuppa Tea a prefer currimundi or Broadbeach/ Rainbow beach tae.

G'day mate.When I was pre-viewing yir return post.It kept saying (ERROR) to many Emeticon's.So I kept tryin tae delete them..I don't know why cos I only put two in it.So am going tae use ma ain smillies.I nearly had a nervous breakdoon when I saw all the posts..You know the Daily Record Message board has never been the same since it went Electronic.But thats another subject.
Trebor at the bottom of the hill.I left Auchinairn 63.Must have been later.My mother passed away Nov 2006.Died in Stobhill aged 98.Her mind was perfect.She was jist frail.She was in OZ in 74 for a holiday.When she died one of the Brothers looked in her purse and in it was a one Dollar note that she had taken back with her.The one dollar note is now in a frame in oor Computer room.I was pleased she died as she was heading for the dreaded nursing hame.She had been in Wallacewell Quad Residential hame for about a year.She looked after hersel with a carer coming no and again.That carer I used to know as a young neighbour.A week before she died she shouted through the phone Ah still luvs ye darlin.So that was good.
We have oor rear neighbours Mangoe tree's right along oor fence line..WE get some Mangoe's and plenty leaves.
The fruit bats get stuck intae them and leave us the stumps.
Gaw'd. I used tae nick some nice apples behind the hooses at colston.Fitbaw area.And cider apples at the Balornock entrance tae Stobhill Hos.We live in Maryborough.Hauf hoor before Harvey Bay..Rainbow Beach.Yes.Surfers .Yes.Bribie is for Fisherfolk and grey hairs area.Its jist a big Retirement Village
ah better go afore this turn's intae a best seller.Ha'Ha' jing's
awlavwa..see ya at the pub..
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Jockstrap

+Quote Post
barbiegirl
post 1st Aug 2014, 12:32pm
Post #35

Visitor
Member No.: 8,031
I was conceived at a Hogmany party in 1965 at the Great Western Road high flats in Glasgow. The evening had started in Curlers Bar before Ronnie Gordon an Engineer gave out the invites. 9 months later I was adopted to a family in 1966. My birth dad found out somehow and went to my birth mums door in Drumchapel just hours after I had been given away. His name was Brian (surname unknown). He would have been about 19 back then and only about 5' 4" or 5". A fashionable dresser, and wore a smart green duffel coat. Ronald sadly died a few years ago and I'm unable to get any further information there. Another lady at the party was Joan Watson from Cloan Ave, Drumchapel. She emigrated to Canada and became a nurse. My birth mum has no more information to give. I believe Brian may have been a friend of George Harwood a Painter & Decorator from Pendeen Crescent, Barlanark. He sadly has passed away also. Does this ring a bell with anyone? My real dad knew about me and could never do anything to find me. 47 years on can you help me find him please? If you can share information I would be very grateful. Many thanks.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th Mar 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.