Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Big Tommy The Rogue, confession
big tommy
post 8th Sep 2005, 06:28pm
Post #106

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,304
Good Luck Rosie

I was married for 49 years , 7 months and 8 days .We missed our golden Anniversary when Jean died very suddenly on December 30th 2003.
Love
Tommy

--------------------
ah try ma best
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
annepat
post 12th Nov 2005, 06:36pm
Post #107

Super Visitor
Member No.: 2,300
Hi Tommy, one of Joe Keenan's sons is a priest in St Peter's Church in Partick, he was very kind to us when my mother died 9 years ago, not sure if this is young Joe or not

+Quote Post
big tommy
post 12th Nov 2005, 09:07pm
Post #108

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,304
Dear Ann
Joe has 2 sons who became priests . One is called Father Joe I think this is the one in Partick ..
He had a younger brother .but i dont know him .My late wife and I were at Joes sons Ordination in St Gregory's in Maryhill ..

Joe was my best pal at school . His grave is just behind my wife's in Cadder Cemetery .I met his wife Philomena there one day .We had a great old blether .
Tommy

--------------------
ah try ma best

+Quote Post
Heather
post 13th Nov 2005, 08:42pm
Post #109

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 664
I knew Joe Keenan. He lived in Braid Street and my relations the Campbell's lived there.

When I was in Primary school and went to morning Mass during lent, Joe used to serve Mass then rush off to work.

I was at school with Philomena, St Joseph's Primary and Covent of Mercy.
I was surprised when I heard Philomena was marrying Joe, as he was quite a few years older than her.
Her parents were Italian. I could pronounce her surname but could never spell it. Her mum used to put her hair in cloth curls every night, and in the class we used to count all the ringlets, there were 40 of them all different lenghts. laugh.gif

The last I heard of them was many years ago, and they were living in the scheme where Maryhill Barracks used to be.

--------------------
Heather.......I'm tartan. Alba gu Brath. Saor Alba

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd Nov 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.