Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> South Africa, Oscar Pistorius Trial!
Scots Kiwi Lass
post 6th Sep 2019, 11:07am
Post #151

City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,097
I emigrated to New Zealand in 1963, married a Kiwi and had two children born in 1969 and 1970.

My daughter moved to England in 1990 for the "big OE" as they call it here. I have visited several times and in 2017 spent 6 months with her. Now, at the age of 50, she is talking about moving back to NZ. Naturally, I am thrilled to bits but not celebrating yet. There are a lot of things to consider before she makes the decision - it will be hard after living in the UK for 29 years.

Her whole family lives here and she will be welcomed back big time, especially as I can't make that long trip from NZ again.

So keeping my fingers (and everything else) crossed that she does move back. Families are important to each other and life is too short to spend thousands of miles apart.

--------------------
Kia mau ki to Maoritanga
.............. Hold fast to your culture
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wombat
post 10th Sep 2019, 07:54pm
Post #152

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 5th Sep 2019, 01:43pm) *
Its finally happening, a day I hoped never to see. My eldest has decided its time to leave the country as she and her husband think this time there's no way back from the violence griping the country.
My son in-law runs his own business and employs forty staff. What will happen to them I dont know but in Africa its estimated each employed persons income looks after ten people.
They are moving to Scotland a move that took me by suprise, I thought Maderia or Portugal but they think their kids will have better prosects there.
My youngest is looking at Canada.
If that happens my families time in Africa will come to an end after more than Two hundred years here.
Like most parents I thought they would grow old here and be surrounded by their grandkids.
The anarchists have won.

rolleyes.gif wont happen here dave ,not enuff of em whites almost wiped em out.

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 17th Sep 2019, 10:31pm
Post #153

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
I've just gone bacl a gfew pages here and read with, as usual, interest regarding SA which we used to refer to back in the '60s as `awhite SA'.
I was reminded of the joke a mate told me on his return from a long aircraft contract there with atlas ...
A Brit contractor driving to his job at the airport hits two black guys with one poor buggar coming through the windsheild and the other flying over the roof of the car to land 30 meters behind on the side of the road.
Two members of BOSS arrive shortly after to find the Brit in a terribly shaken state as a result of the accident.
"Don't worry ,sir" said the guy from BOSS, "We'll get this bestard for breaking and entry and that other bestard for leaving the scene of the crime".
I dare say Iain Smith will be rolling over in his grave today. tongue.gif

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”
― Joseph Heller, God Knows

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 17th Sep 2019, 10:34pm
Post #154

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
Must be some kind of a time lapse over there: my reply above shows ` Today 18: 31 pm but my pc showed 00: 48 am rolleyes.gif

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”
― Joseph Heller, God Knows

+Quote Post
Dave Grieve
post 19th Sep 2019, 11:47am
Post #155

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,005
Now thats a name from the past, BOSS the Bureau of State Security, the local newspaper cartoons always showed them dressed in black with a nose shaped like a penguin's. They were cerainly capable of twisting any situation the way your scenario paints it.
Not Ian Smith.
John Vorster SA.
Ian Smith Rhodesia.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th Oct 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.