Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Uk General Election 2019
carmella
post 29th Nov 2019, 08:58am
Post #16

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 28th Nov 2019, 08:10pm) *

Kem they have no chance, however, in moving into Nbr. 10! It is very easy to be spouting your manifesto when you already know you won’t form the next UK Government😀👍

This is a good thread to move over to as we are having an election. Danny was right to open it, we can always return to the Brexit discussions later.

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
carmella
post 29th Nov 2019, 09:02am
Post #17

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (zascot @ 28th Nov 2019, 02:09pm) *
Sorry Danny but I only deal in facts not wink wink and hearsay otherwise I could find that the chief Rabbi meant anything I wanted.
I do not get involved imuch in the other topics as I left UK nearly 50 years ago and I am not affected as the people on the other threads.

Oh no! You’re not old enough to have left so long ago 🤪🤪🤪🤓🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
zascot
post 29th Nov 2019, 10:26am
Post #18

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 612
QUOTE (carmella @ 29th Nov 2019, 09:02am) *
Oh no! You’re not old enough to have left so long ago 🤪🤪🤪🤓🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

Left Aug 71 to spend 6 months here on contract then possibly 6 months in Oz. Loved it here never went to Oz married an English girl from Bolton in 74 ( don`t tell the SNP biggrin.gif ) and I`m still here.Travelled the world from here on Business and pleasure but consider SA home.
Nice to see a thread started about te election, can`t imagine there will be any disagreements on here biggrin.gif

--------------------
Take only photos. Leave only footprints. Kill only time.

+Quote Post
carmella
post 29th Nov 2019, 10:35am
Post #19

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (zascot @ 29th Nov 2019, 10:26am) *
Left Aug 71 to spend 6 months here on contract then possibly 6 months in Oz. Loved it here never went to Oz married an English girl from Bolton in 74 ( don`t tell the SNP biggrin.gif ) and I`m still here.Travelled the world from here on Business and pleasure but consider SA home.
Nice to see a thread started about te election, can`t imagine there will be any disagreements on here biggrin.gif

You did well my cousin Johnnie moved to Jo’burg 73.

Now we are both off topic LoL

Well that is a country that has been good to you.

--------------------
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 29th Nov 2019, 11:21am
Post #20

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (zascot @ 29th Nov 2019, 10:26am) *
married an English girl from Bolton in 74 ( don`t tell the SNP biggrin.gif )

There are many English people in the SNP Zascot, and many members of the SNP are married to English people (myself included) but since you have been away from Scotland so long i can understand why you're so out of touch with what is happening here. yes.gif

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 29th Nov 2019, 11:25am
Post #21

Mega City Key Holder
It's getting more and more like 1930's Germany.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/enviro...culpture-debate

Let's show the Tories what we think of them by making Scotland a Tory free zone on the 12th. wink.gif

+Quote Post
carmella
post 29th Nov 2019, 12:23pm
Post #22

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 29th Nov 2019, 11:21am) *
There are many English people in the SNP Zascot, and many members of the SNP are married to English people (myself included) but since you have been away from Scotland so long i can understand why you're so out of touch with what is happening here. yes.gif

I think he has been back here many times Jagz, he was joking. Lighten up!

--------------------
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 29th Nov 2019, 01:06pm
Post #23

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (carmella @ 29th Nov 2019, 12:23pm) *
I think he has been back here many times Jagz, he was joking. Lighten up!

So it's half fun full earnest then. wink.gif

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 29th Nov 2019, 02:15pm
Post #24

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 29th Nov 2019, 11:21am) *
There are many English people in the SNP Zascot, and many members of the SNP are married to English people (myself included) but since you have been away from Scotland so long i can understand why you're so out of touch with what is happening here. :yes:

Jagz how about submitting a post relevant to the topic. For some reason or other you seem to consider yourself to be the controller of who says what. You could have made the above comment (directed at Zascot) to Bilbo and Wombat many times. But no, you support them at every opportunity.

This topic was started by me, only a few days ago. You are already spoiling it. We are not a one Party state yet. I genuinely would like to hear your views on why we should vote for the SNP in the forthcoming general election. At least you would be addressing the issue. So come on, get on your soap box and let’s hear it. That’s why I started this topic.

Danny.

+Quote Post
carmella
post 29th Nov 2019, 03:19pm
Post #25

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 29th Nov 2019, 01:06pm) *
So it's half fun full earnest then. wink.gif

I don’t think so really Jagz.

--------------------
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 29th Nov 2019, 04:08pm
Post #26

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 29th Nov 2019, 02:15pm) *
Jagz how about submitting a post relevant to the topic. For some reason or other you seem to consider yourself to be the controller of who says what. You could have made the above comment (directed at Zascot) to Bilbo and Wombat many times. But no, you support them at every opportunity.

Danny.

I was responding to a post that Zascot made Danny, surely that is relevant? unsure.gif

You've lost me with the point you're trying to make about something i may or may not say to other members.

I'm not asking you or anyone else to vote for the SNP, but if you want to know why i will be voting for them then it's simply that they are the only party who will stick up for the interests of Scotland and who will not roll over for the Tories.

Your turn now Danny, who will you be voting for and why?

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 29th Nov 2019, 04:13pm
Post #27

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 29th Nov 2019, 02:15pm) *
We are not a one Party state yet.

Danny.

Give it time Danny, the Tory party are already working on that at the moment, in case you missed my post from earlier this morning.

+Quote Post
wombat
post 29th Nov 2019, 06:11pm
Post #28

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 29th Nov 2019, 04:08pm) *
I'm not asking you or anyone else to vote for the SNP, but if you want to know why i will be voting for them then it's simply that they are the only party who will stick up for the interests of Scotland and who will not roll over for the Tories.

good enuff reason thumbup.gif

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 29th Nov 2019, 11:25pm
Post #29

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 29th Nov 2019, 04:13pm) *
Give it time Danny, the Tory party are already working on that at the moment, in case you missed my post from earlier this morning.

Jagz, I didn’t miss your post. I didn’t bother reading it. However, I have just looked it up. So Johnson didn’t go on the Channel 4 programme, but asked if Gove could take his place. Channel 4 refused this request, so now a Conservative source is reported to have said that Channel 4’s license could be looked at sometime in the future. Wow!

Let’s compare that to Nicola Sturgeon’s plan to support a Labour Government, provided Corbyn agrees to another Scotland Independence referendum next year. Tell me which of the two scenarios is the more likely to become a reality?

That was a rhetorical question by the way.

Danny

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 29th Nov 2019, 11:48pm
Post #30

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 29th Nov 2019, 04:08pm) *
I was responding to a post that Zascot made Danny, surely that is relevant? :unsure:

You've lost me with the point you're trying to make about something i may or may not say to other members.

Your turn now Danny, who will you be voting for and why?

Hi Jagz, it’s me back again.

You say I have lost you regarding the point I am trying to make about what you may or may not say to other members.

Okay. In your response to Zascot you said, “—————since you have been away from Scotland so long I can understand why you are so out of touch with what is happening here”.

Your other two Amigos fall into that category. Bilbo lives in Spain, Wombat lives in Australia. I can’t recall you ever saying that to them.

Regarding who I will vote for, all I have to tell you is that I will not be voting for the SNP or the Lib Dem’s. This is a General Election. I want to leave the EU, if for no other reason that I am opposed to Open Borders. I haven’t seen anything on this forum about the 39 young people who were found dead in a truck, or the number of young women who have been brought to this country legally from Slovakia. They were promised a better quality of life in Scotland. Where did they finish up? In brothels in Nicola Sturgeon’s constituency, or sold on into forced marriages. She says we need freedom of movement, on the grounds we have an ageing population.

Danny

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th Jan 2020

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.