Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nitshill
Rating 5 V
*Tracy Street*
post 14th Apr 2014, 10:47pm
Post #16

QUOTE (pauline glen @ 1st Jul 2013, 07:29pm) *
im looking for a rose ann kane from pinmore street do u know her

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
webb823
post 17th May 2014, 12:29pm
Post #17

Unpacking
Member No.: 25,946
QUOTE (mumsiedoc @ 16th Jul 2010, 04:09am) *
[attachment=26059:Picture021.jpg]I lived in 138 Hartstone Road, Househillwood before it changed to Nitshill. Left there in July 1963 to migrate to Australia with my parents and my brother Ian Hopkins. I am Ellen Hopkins.

+Quote Post
webb823
post 17th May 2014, 12:31pm
Post #18

Unpacking
QUOTE (mumsiedoc @ 16th Jul 2010, 04:09am) *
[attachment=26059:Picture021.jpg]I lived in 138 Hartstone Road, Househillwood before it changed to Nitshill. Left there in July 1963 to migrate to Australia with my parents and my brother Ian Hopkins. I am Ellen Hopkins.

+Quote Post
webb823
post 17th May 2014, 12:35pm
Post #19

Unpacking
Hi jim Boyle here from 96 hartstone rd livedthere the same time as you and I remember you only found this site recently saw your name brought back memories of yesteryear

+Quote Post
**nitsieboy**
post 11th Jun 2014, 01:35am
Post #20

I ran about Nitshill and drunk at some time in all the boozers in this order I think, The Railway inn, The Volunteer Arms, The Levern, The Cavy, The Oak, I lived on Peat Rd and then Pinmore St.

I have not lived in Nitshill for 28 years, but had a pint in Jeannie Gebbies last week. GG

+Quote Post
nitsieboy
post 11th Jun 2014, 10:12pm
Post #21

Unpacking
Member No.: 26,114
hi, only found the site recently.

I lived in Nitshill from 1960 -1981 drunk in all the usual pubs The Railway , The Levern, The Cavy, Royal oak,oh and the Househill Tavern.

Lived initially on Peat Rd 371, then Pinmore St 62. Now live in England I had a run through Nitshill only last week and had a drink in the Hurlet and Jeannie Gebbies.

No time to look anyone up , only attending a funeral and returning to England.

I dont think the place around the nitshill shops area has changed that much in all these years ,apart from there being a lot less pubs to choose from.

+Quote Post
*Carol Wilson*
post 21st Apr 2015, 10:21am
Post #22

I'm trying to find info on George Harwood who was a painter from the East End but drank in the Trade Winds. He was a friend of my dad Brian. Brian knows about me but found out just after I had been adopted. Any info greatly appreciated. Many thanks midgetgem1966@hotmail.com

+Quote Post
**Anon**
post 7th Jul 2015, 09:46pm
Post #23

QUOTE (mumsiedoc @ 16th Jul 2010, 03:00am) *

May and jimmy Harvey must have moved into 138 Hartstone Rd soon or right after your family daughters June and Lynne they lived there for years lovely family great wee dog called cheeked x

+Quote Post
PamG
post 6th Feb 2016, 06:44pm
Post #24

Unpacking
Member No.: 32,455
QUOTE (GG @ 17th Mar 2007, 06:03pm) *
Please post your memories of this Glasgow district here...Nitshill

Were you born here? Did you grow up here?
Did you visit your aunt here? ...or your children?
Was your first home here? Were your children born here?
Did you shop here? Was your favourite cinema here?
Did you go to church here? Was your favourite pub here?
Did you 'romance' here? Did you go to school here?
Do you have a photograph from here?

Come on let us know and immortalise your memories here...Nitshill

GG.

+Quote Post
PamG
post 6th Feb 2016, 08:34pm
Post #25

Unpacking
in1954 i lived at 167 glenlora drive then 5 years later we moved to 400 houshillmuir road then a few years later we moved to 374 househillmuir road.my name was pam brown sis violet bro.sandy.parents margaret@abe.we knew the rennies whose wee boy jamsie was killed at the railway bridge,his sis marion bro.ian.maisie magiuness,the young`s who`s daughter married ian rennie there were the slaters etc.iwent to levern school and miss burrow was the headmistress,mis macrackan was my teacher there was a wee sweetie shop on nitshill road just up from the school veryold lady owned it.wow what you could buy for a halfpenny.we had school sports day in househillwood park where the petrified trees still are.used to go to a wee wooden hut on nitshill rd.just up from the royal oak pub to see flash gordon on a saturday morning.there was vic`s cafe on the corner of the wee row of shops the fishmongers,papershop,drapers,mary`s or what we called the tally`s sold the best ice cream for miles,the barbers and post office.further up the same bit was harry`s sweetie shop there was a great big house there where the people who lived there were called lane,i think because in the winter we went sledging on what we called lane`s hill.there was a small lane connecting nitshill rd. to househillmuir rd.and in the winter us kids used to make a slide on it like glass an then watch the men from the pub trying to stay upright not always suceeding.we used to play cowboys and indians on the brickworks and up on cleeves road there were prefabs and someone used to keep a large run of chickens.when i left levern school i went to houshillwood secondary,some teachers were mr.rattery,mrs.day,mr.wynn(pop wynn)mrs.percy.girls in same class were barbara black,rosetta tweedie helen robertson etc.will write more on subject if interested.does anyone from priesthill know big wullie cameron,was called scotlands tallest teenager?remember the big cafe on peat road where young ones went to listen o the juke box and drink coffee or coke,it then became strangs garage selling cars?talk again soon
[email="pamgaskin7@gmail.com"]nitshill

+Quote Post
iainm59
post 24th Oct 2016, 09:46pm
Post #26

Unpacking
Member No.: 33,985
hi my names iain mcwilliams i lived at 74 glenlora drive just opp glenlora terrace untill 1969 then move to old pollok use to pally about with the simpsons eric mason graeham laidlaw to mention a few went to st roberts primary before moving to st marnocks

+Quote Post
PamG
post 25th Oct 2016, 11:08pm
Post #27

Unpacking
hi i used to live at 167 glenlora drive,that was 60 years ago but still have fond memories of the area,i started school at 5yrs in levern in the oldest part of the school and stayed there till i started at secondary at craigbank.we moved to househillmuir road till i got married.we left glasgow for norfolk 36 years ago.i hope someone from that part of nitshill sees this and remembers me.(pam brown as was)thanks for response.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th Oct 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.