Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Met Any Stupid People Today?
Catherine
post 17th Nov 2003, 02:34pm
Post #16

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 57
Gaun yersel Barbara.....The very dab!!! ....Sometimes ah buy the no name brand, wheras the real macoy dis indeed huv that wee tape bit....brain a britain NOT here didnae make the connection afore laugh.gif

Dammit....pass wan a thae signs ower here Rabbie, walked intae that wan didn't ah....

--------------------
Oh ahv jist fun anither button...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wee mags
post 17th Nov 2003, 02:44pm
Post #17

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 12
A wus gonnae tell yae the tip for your saran wrap you put it in the freezer ,only knowin you ,you wid say whits this geoff? I dont remember buying this meat ? whit kind is it and geoff wid hiv tae say "Hi rab ,one of your stupid stickers here " rolleyes.gif

--------------------
fae Maryhill noo the USA

+Quote Post
Catherine
post 17th Nov 2003, 02:56pm
Post #18

Mega City Key Holder
AW NAW.....You get oota this topic wee mags....efter a week in ma hoose yer gaunni tell them aw ma secrets.....Sno ma fault, things jist happen tae me laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rab-oldname
post 17th Nov 2003, 03:18pm
Post #19

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 413
I've just returned home from the local 'DIY' store. Santas and Rudolphs by the hundred -every shape and size + tinsel by the ton + other decorations. 3 piece suites and office furniture. Beds, bed-linen, ride-on lawnmowers, confectionery, safes (wall & floor), car-mats, rugs and carpets, seeds, garden furniture, even postage stamps. Toothbrushes and condoms would not have been out of place. 'Excuse me', says I to check-out girl, 'Where can I find treated battens?', 'Oh. We dont do them any more', says she. 'Jist a minute' says I. I run outside store and look above doors - yes - there it is - a great big sign saying 'FOCUS D.I.Y.' I run back in and say to lassie at check-out, 'Are you sure this is a DIY store you work for?'. Queue is forming as I demand an address to complain to. I am glad to report that many heads were nodding in agreement. I left after purchasing a small tube of adhesive. When I looked at the instructions for use, they were completely obscured by the barcode label!!!. mad.gif

+Quote Post
Catherine
post 17th Nov 2003, 04:12pm
Post #20

Mega City Key Holder
Dammit gies anither wan of thae signs Rabbie.....Whit's a treated batten when it's at hame huh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rab-oldname
post 17th Nov 2003, 06:41pm
Post #21

Mega City Key Holder
Cathy hen....... a batten is a length of wood (usually softwood) normally of small dimensions which is generally nailed/screwed to a wall whence objects may be affixed eg panelling. For outdoor/garden use, the battens are pre-treated with preservative to stop them rotting. The sort of object a DIYer like me needs constantly. And where would you expect to buy one of these battens ?........... maybe I would have better luck at an opticians!. unsure.gif
Oh aye - and by the way - I got the barcode label aff!. Pity it took the instructions wey it!.

+Quote Post
Rab-oldname
post 17th Nov 2003, 06:49pm
Post #22

Mega City Key Holder
Barbara. I know how annoying those wee stickers on fruit are. I spent a few years working at London Gatwick Airport, facing literally thousands of passengers every day. One of them I spent after my lunch break with a 'New Zealand' sticker from an apple emblazoned on one of my upper teeth. As smiling at passengers was the rule, I wondered why they all took one look at me and laughed. My fellow-officers had great fun at my expense!.

+Quote Post
wee mags
post 17th Nov 2003, 07:10pm
Post #23

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 12
hey Rab a needed wan of your stickers on Sat when I arrived at the airport ,the big yank wis there tae get me and heres wee mags draggin the suitcases and he say are these yours ? "No they are the wummin behind me but I jist took it cause they looked better than mine "!!!! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
fae Maryhill noo the USA

+Quote Post
Rab-oldname
post 17th Nov 2003, 08:45pm
Post #24

Mega City Key Holder
Mags. Well- deserved sign is on the way. Norwalk?. Is that where the virus came from??.
Rab.

+Quote Post
Melody
post 17th Nov 2003, 09:13pm
Post #25

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 235
Barbara, those fruit stickers and toilet rolls, drive me nuts too.
Especially the fruit stickers! Takes ages to get them off. Goodness knows what purpose they serve and the plastic bags they give us in the supermarkets are so thin you have to use two, one inside the other. In fact supermarkets are a pain, remember when we used to go into a shop, ask for what we wanted and the assistant would pack your own shopping bag for you. Happy days! ....I'll have two dozen 'I'm stupid' signs please!

+Quote Post
kas
post 18th Nov 2003, 12:08am
Post #26

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 8
I asked the waitress for a teaspoon. I almost had ice tea it took her so long to get back with me & when she did..listen to this one.."Sorry, we don't have any teaspoons, will a coffee spoon work?!" I almost fell off the chair! Rab send me some stickers please!

--------------------
Arizona, USA.

+Quote Post
Rab-oldname
post 18th Nov 2003, 07:42pm
Post #27

Mega City Key Holder
Went to the post office last week with a fairly hefty parcel. Clerk asked me if I wanted to send it parcel post!. I said,'Not if I can send it Christmas Card rate!' . Looked at me as if I was daft ............... now,now, contain yourselves!.

+Quote Post
kas
post 20th Nov 2003, 01:26am
Post #28

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 8
rab what happened to the link you posted?

--------------------
Arizona, USA.

+Quote Post
Rab-oldname
post 20th Nov 2003, 10:49am
Post #29

Mega City Key Holder
Link? What link? Kas.

+Quote Post
Robbie
post 20th Nov 2003, 02:01pm
Post #30

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 122
Now why would he want to park there, didn't he see me???

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Slainte !

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd Nov 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.