Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

345 Pages V  « < 335 336 337 338 339 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Uk Independence Referendum - Brexit, Yes or No on EU membership
Rating 3 V
carmella
post 13th Nov 2019, 08:59am
Post #5041

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 13th Nov 2019, 08:31am) *
Children grow into adults, i was playing along with Danny's theory.

But, were they singled out. Were the Welsh and the Irish treated differently?

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 13th Nov 2019, 11:09am
Post #5042

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (carmella @ 13th Nov 2019, 08:59am) *
But, were they singled out. Were the Welsh and the Irish treated differently?

Because we were talking about "our children" Carmella.

Although i think it would be better if we stuck to the thread topic, though i can understand why those who voted for separation would rather talk about anything but. wink.gif

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 13th Nov 2019, 11:28am
Post #5043

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
QUOTE (DannyH @ 13th Nov 2019, 01:32am) *
... I will ask them “So you are happy that future generations of our children will be conscripted into the European Union Armed Forces”?

Danny

In reading the following excerpt from the full report...

Common Security and Defence Policy (CSDP) is the European Union's (EU) course of action in the fields of defence and crisis management, and a main component of the EU's Common Foreign and Security Policy (CFSP).

The CSDP involves military or civilian missions being deployed to preserve peace, prevent conflict and strengthen international security in accordance with the principles of the United Nations Charter. Military missions are carried out by EU forces established with secondments from the member states' armed forces. The CSDP also entails collective self-defence amongst member states[d] as well as a Permanent Structured Cooperation (PESCO) in which 25 of the 28 national armed forces pursue structural integration.

... I see no mention of conscription into a (non existant) European Union Armed Forces.
The Common Securityand Defence Policy (CSDP) is dependent upon existing member states armed forces. If member states conscript personel that is the concern of the member states: Britain's armed forces are voluntary and have been since around 1963.

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”
― Joseph Heller, God Knows

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 13th Nov 2019, 01:03pm
Post #5044

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 13th Nov 2019, 11:28am) *

... I see no mention of conscription into a (non existant) European Union Armed Forces.

That is why i asked Danny to provide a link, but not for the first time we're being diverted away from the topic by Danny.

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 13th Nov 2019, 02:50pm
Post #5045

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,884
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 13th Nov 2019, 11:09am) *
I can understand why those who voted for separation would rather talk about anything but. wink.gif

Then how do you explain your 8594 posts?

--------------------
The view from the moon

+Quote Post
wombat
post 13th Nov 2019, 05:48pm
Post #5046

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 13th Nov 2019, 06:35am) *
I can't begin to imagine the hatred you must feel towards your fellow human beings Danny? sad.gif

rolleyes.gif JAGZ IMO racism and hatred was instilled in us at a young age through the "glorious bwitish

empires"big bawhieded brainwashing program laugh.gif

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 13th Nov 2019, 06:42pm
Post #5047

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (wombat @ 13th Nov 2019, 05:48pm) *
rolleyes.gif JAGZ IMO racism and hatred was instilled in us at a young age through the "glorious bwitish

empires"big bawhieded brainwashing program laugh.gif

You may well be right Wombat, and you can throw sectarianism into the mix too, which is something Danny likes to lay at the door of others. wink.gif

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 13th Nov 2019, 06:44pm
Post #5048

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 13th Nov 2019, 01:03pm) *
That is why i asked Danny to provide a link, but not for the first time we're being diverted away from the topic by Danny.

Jagz are you for real? Do you think other people have nothing else to do but spend hours on this joke of a forum. I will provide the link you want. I am not avoiding the issue.

Danny

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 13th Nov 2019, 06:48pm
Post #5049

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 13th Nov 2019, 02:50pm) *
Then how do you explain your 8594 posts?

Oh dear Kem, i could produce one post from a football thread that would leave your riddiculous post in tatters. wink.gif

So you say i vote for "separation" but i want to talk about anything but?

Then you accuse me of posting 8,594 posts where i speak of nothing else?

I'll let others draw their own conclusions. yes.gif

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 13th Nov 2019, 06:54pm
Post #5050

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 13th Nov 2019, 06:44pm) *
Jagz are you for real? Do you think other people have nothing else to do but spend hours on this joke of a forum. I will provide the link you want. I am not avoiding the issue.

Danny

I never accused you of having nothing else to do Danny, i merely asked you to provide a link to the news story you saw as i couldn't find the story you were referring too.

When i make a reference to a news story i normally provide a link, it isn't difficult in this day and age.

I think GGDB is a terrific forum, life would be dull if we all had the same opinion.

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 13th Nov 2019, 07:22pm
Post #5051

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 13th Nov 2019, 06:48pm) *
Oh dear Kem, i could produce one post from a football thread that would leave your riddiculous post in tatters. wink.gif

Or thousands upon thousands from the other thread where you do talk about nothing but.

You weren't "understanding" Danny, you were wantonly patronising him. yes.gif

Those who live in glass houses...

--------------------
The view from the moon

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 13th Nov 2019, 09:29pm
Post #5052

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 13th Nov 2019, 07:22pm) *
Or thousands upon thousands from the other thread where you do talk about nothing but.

You weren't "understanding" Danny, you were wantonly patronising him. yes.gif

Those who live in glass houses...

Honestly Kem, i find it harder and harder to get to your point.

Are you saying i talk about independence but don't want to talk about independence?

Your defence of your fellow Britnats are admiral, but at the end of the day they voted Leave, the very thing you voted against.

And that is why your dear union is in its death throes. yes.gif

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 13th Nov 2019, 09:43pm
Post #5053

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 13th Nov 2019, 11:28am) *

The Common Securityand Defence Policy (CSDP) is dependent upon existing member states armed forces. If member states conscript personel that is the concern of the member states: Britain's armed forces are voluntary and have been since around 1963.

TeeHee

I am making the following post on the assumption your post is levelled at me. If I am wrong in that supposition, I apologise. So I will proceed on the assumption that your above post was in response to one of my posts.

You obviously were in the RAF for a long period. Your mention of the Common Security and Defence Policy indicates to me that you have been used to reading Standing Orders on your barracks room walls for years.

The CSDP you quote is like the Highway Code. Who bothers about it after they have passed their driving test?

My post regarding conscription was made after reading an interview given by President Macron of France to The Economist. He is a politician, with more attention being paid to than your CSDP.

Danny

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 13th Nov 2019, 10:14pm
Post #5054

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 13th Nov 2019, 06:54pm) *
I never accused you of having nothing else to do Danny, i merely asked you to provide a link to the news story you saw as i couldn't find the story you were referring too.

When i make a reference to a news story i normally provide a link, it isn't difficult in this day and age.

I think GGDB is a terrific forum, life would be dull if we all had the same opinion.

Jagz

Let me start by responding to the final sentence in your above post. You say life would be dull if we all had the same opinion. This puzzles me! You have the inability to debate in a reasonable manner with anyone who disagrees with your political beliefs, so please don’t come the nice guy. It is far too late for that.

The reason for my delay in giving you a direct link was that I first heard mention of President Macron’s comments regarding the future of the EU, on the BBC news.

I have now purchased the source of his interview. It was The Economist, dated November 9th - 15th 2019. The heading is,

“On the edge of a precipice”, Macron’s stark warning to Europe”

I found his views regarding Europe’s future to be very interesting and enlightening. He obviously is acutely aware that the EU cannot go on depending on the USA for military support against the perceived threat from Russia. However, having raised these concerns, Germany is not exactly in agreement with him.

So just stop for a moment. There are 27 members of the EU, including the UK. Why is it we only hear what France, Germany and the UK have to say about the EU. I think the answer lies in the economic clout these three participants have compared to the other 24 member state. I digress!

One of the things which concerns me is that there are currently about 3 million EU citizens living in the UK. The current population of Scotland is approximately 5 million.

I am 88. I was born just 13 years after World War 1, which ended in 1918. So let’s fast forward 88 years from now. Will the EU citizens living in the UK outnumber the number of Scots living here?

Danny

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 13th Nov 2019, 10:27pm
Post #5055

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 13th Nov 2019, 09:29pm) *
Your defence of your fellow Britnats are admiral, but at the end of the day they voted Leave, the very thing you voted against.

And that is why your dear union is in its death throes. yes.gif

You are right, the majority of us voted to Leave, including over one third (over one million) of Scottish voters. Like you, I wish more of us had voted to Remain.

Your nationalist mantra hasn't changed, it's the same scare tactics that lost the 2014 referendum. If you wish to convert unbelievers to your cause, you really should moderate and modernise your rhetoric. The impending death of your opponents may not be as attractive a prospect to them as to you.

The debate is in fresh territory, and in one month from now it will have moved on again because I predict that at this election Brexit is about to rip apart and redraw the political map.

--------------------
The view from the moon

+Quote Post

345 Pages V  « < 335 336 337 338 339 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th Dec 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.