Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

18 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> No One To Vote For, Election
angel
post 1st Jul 2017, 10:12pm
Post #196

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,675
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 1st Jul 2017, 03:58pm) *
Angel, I suspect John knows you dont like him so clearly he was not talking about you.

I wonder what poster he was speaking of , as no
female has as yet posted on this thread . yes.gif
except myself and that was today.

--------------------
donate to your local food bank .
Pat.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
angel
post 2nd Jul 2017, 09:18am
Post #197

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,675
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 1st Jul 2017, 02:55pm) *
Thanks for that contribution angel (I'll assume that is your real name looking at your wee rant) but before bashing away at the keyboard in a reply to something that you think is about yourself, it might be better to inquire if your suspicions, or delusions, are true. In this case they are not and I was not talking about you, in fact I do try not to talk about you in the off chance I say your name 3 times in a row and you appear unleashing your wrath on the world. So rest assured that when I talk of good people leaving these shore as emigrants, ex pats or whatever you want to call them I do not include you in it and if I need to refer to you it will be in name, only the once though so as to not invoke the curse laugh.gif

. and so says the ravings of a deranged mind .

--------------------
donate to your local food bank .
Pat.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 2nd Jul 2017, 12:56pm
Post #198

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
I couldn't possibly comment. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 2nd Jul 2017, 07:08pm
Post #199

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 1st Jul 2017, 09:42am) *
Ohh and BTW Jagz, while you're here are you any further along with all this proof of your accusations or are we assume your silence on the matter

Who's "we" John?

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 2nd Jul 2017, 07:17pm
Post #200

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 1st Jul 2017, 10:48am) *
You and Jagz have tried this wee childish game before when he implied i was at school because I had not revealed my age

No, it was you who started the childish games by trying to make out you were a lot younger than me, i only made the School remark as a joke, however, you did go on to reveal in a later post that you are older than Nicola Sturgeon (sorry, "Wee Nick" so you can see why i thought you were still at school) so you're not really that much younger than me after all.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 2nd Jul 2017, 09:45pm
Post #201

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 1st Jul 2017, 03:58pm) *
john, they are ganging up on you.

Certainly looks that way DJ, I think they're hoping to get enough to have a point between them, hold on thats not your real name you &^(&(^%% @ laugh.gif
QUOTE (angel @ 1st Jul 2017, 10:12pm) *
I wonder what poster he was speaking of , as no
female has as yet posted on this thread . yes.gif
except myself and that was today.

So lets get this straight, you jumped into this to 'attack' me thinking I was talking about you posting in this thread when your 'attack' was the first post in the thread.
For the second time I was not talking about you nor is it of any concern of yours.. There is a reason I avoid any 'talk' with you and this is why.

QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 2nd Jul 2017, 07:08pm) *
Who's "we" John?

Either answer the request to back up your statement or say you wont instead of trying to back out of it.

QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 2nd Jul 2017, 07:17pm) *
No, it was you who started the childish games by trying to make out you were a lot younger than me, i only made the School remark as a joke, however, you did go on to reveal in a later post that you are older than Nicola Sturgeon (sorry, "Wee Nick" so you can see why i thought you were still at school) so you're not really that much younger than me after all.

I stated i was younger than you as you revealed you had retired and i had not, that is not trying to make out I am at school or anything like that. My brother is younger than me but he also left school decades ago. Its just silly wee games from you and your mate . The new one of course, which you are not part of, to derail everything is claims of anonymity. Does it matter that most people have usernames as do the two shouting about it, of course not but does that stop them, of course not. Ohh and the last two bits of silly personal details i mentioned here was used right away to try to mock me by the angry man from Albunol.

I would also like to use this to apologise to fourbytwo and others put off by this, i fully intended to just let this go after seeing your thread yesterday but checking it today i had to reply. You are of course right, the election is done and I hope that all those anti democracy lot here and abroad accept that there wont be another Indyref soon as the public rejected the SNP's idiotic proposal. Let them put it to the public in 2021 in a clear manifesto commitment like they did in 2011. I'm probably done with this thread as enrique is no doubt sorry he started it.

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 2nd Jul 2017, 10:33pm
Post #202

Mega City Key Holder
" I'm probably done with this thread as enrique is no doubt sorry he started it. "

There's that niggly wee word "probably" sad.gif .

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 2nd Jul 2017, 11:20pm
Post #203

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 1st Jul 2017, 06:40pm) *
No offence 4x2, but the political topics are clearly marked as such, and there is no need for the unwary to wander into them. Having said that, the political content therein is actually minimal, and there is more argy-bargy and diatribe of a personal nature, as you may have noticed. I hold my hands up as being as responsible for this as some others, and , speaking for myself, I apologise for any boredom and/or nausea inflicted upon yourself and other spectators.

As I say though, there is absolutely no need for you to consume the garbage on these pages.
Unfortunately, the "political" threads have taken over, and contributions to other less contentious issues and general, good-natured patter has recently diminished to the point of near extinction. If one scrolls down the subject matter available, one sees that only the political threads attract much comment.

The answer surely lies in the hands (or fingers) of the thousands of members who, like yourself, would prefer friendly and civil discussion on non-controversial matters, with a wee bit of banter thrown in. Personally I would prefer that, and I find it on other sites- alas no longer much on here.

Bilbo I gave up contributing to this topic because of the way it is going - down the tubes!

The only reason I am posting right now, is because I cannnot let the statements you made in the last paragraph, of your post above, go without comment.

You say that thousands of members like Four by Two would prefer friendly and civilised discussion on non-controversial matters. You are a hypocrite, because you go on to say that you would prefer friendly and civil discussion on non-controversial matters, with a wee bit banter thrown in.

Well I went on to a non-controversial topic and made a non-controversial post. You submitted a reply that was so offensive, that I had to protest about it to the website manager. He agreed with my complaint and removed you post. You were not to happy about that and made a point of saying so.

More recently, I made a post in the topic Whit Did You Do Today. I enclosed a photograph of myself on an ice-rink with my three years old great-grandson and his Dad. I included in the post that there was an 82 years difference between me and my great-grandson.

I received three responses, the first fom Dave said, "Well done".

The second was from John. He said he had given up ice-skating after an unsuccessful attempt. Not his exact words, but that is what he meant.

The third on was from you. Your post had nothing to do with me. It was a sarcastic post, demeaning John.

So please don't come the nice guy with me. As I said in an earlier post, you should have a good long hard look ar yourself in the mirror.

Another example is that when I post in response to you, I use your nom de plume, Bilbo. You are now resorting to calling me, "Danny Boy". I have been called that many many times during my lifetime. Yours is the first that uses that term as a form of sarcasm. Is this an example of you being friendly? Give us all a break and at least be honest about your contributions on here.

From experience, I know that you will be looking for spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in this post. I wonder how many people have left this website because of your superior attitude.
By the way, I think I read recently on this website that you had your 75th birthday. If this is correct, you have some stamina when it comes to posting.

DANNY HARRIS

( I signed off using upper case letters to give you the opportunity of finding an excuse to tell me that only that the D and the H should be upper case. I don't want to spoil things for you if you haven't found any spelling or grammatical errors. By the way, if you do find any of the these errors, I couldn't care less. Some of us have a life.

Danny Harris

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 3rd Jul 2017, 07:40am
Post #204

Mega City Key Holder
Danny,

Thank you for your kind words. They make me feel all warm inside, and I deeply regret having made an enemy of such a nice old chap. I know you will think that to be sarcasm, and I am truly pleased that you are right about something. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kenb
post 3rd Jul 2017, 08:03am
Post #205

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 11,294
well said danny he done the same to me for months s its why i left for2 years and many others went away,,,,,
i wouldnt normaly say that even,but there is always a but spain cant be a nice place to live nothing to do maybe the boards will get back their good old self s ,,,,,,lets see what i have done wrong this time

--------------------
WEY HEY

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 3rd Jul 2017, 09:50am
Post #206

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (kenb @ 3rd Jul 2017, 10:03am) *
well said danny h he done the same to mefor months s its why i left for2years and many others i wouldnt normaly say that even,but there is always a but spain cant be a nice place to live nothing to do maybe the boards will get back their good old self s ,,,,,,lets see what i have done wrong this time

Aye , ye're right! Spain is a rubbish place to live. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kenb
post 3rd Jul 2017, 09:52am
Post #207

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 11,294
is that sarcasm

--------------------
WEY HEY

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 3rd Jul 2017, 11:03am
Post #208

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 2nd Jul 2017, 10:45pm) *
I stated i was younger than you as you revealed you had retired and i had not, that is not trying to make out I am at school or anything like that.

People can retire at any age they want if they can afford it, i'm certainly not retired though, you must have taken something i said as a joke as a statement of fact, as for you being at school, again you're taking a humorous remark as a fact although some of your remarks like "Wee Nick" etc or even starting a sentence with "Ooooh" may lead others to assume a level of immaturity on your behalf.

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 4th Jul 2017, 10:59pm
Post #209

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 3rd Jul 2017, 08:40am) *
Danny,

Thank you for your kind words. They make me feel all warm inside, and I deeply regret having made an enemy of such a nice old chap. I know you will think that to be sarcasm, and I am truly pleased that you are right about something. :)

Bilbo, I don't want to get into a tit for tat argument with you, but I will just to clarify a couple of points.

I am not your enemy. I am just one of a number of people who do not in the least, feel inferior to you. That doesn't make me hate you. I actually feel sorry for you.

Again you refer to me as a nice old chap. I noted very recently that you had your 75th birthday.
I will be 86 in a few weeks. I hope that you live to see that age. You wont if you don't get a grip of yourself and relax. For goodness sake. This is only a forum, the purpose of which is to give us the opportunity to express our views on the ISSUE, not to continually talk down to others who have opinions which differs with yours.

Speaking of age, and without any malice, wait until you reach the age of 80. You will realise that the Old Reaper is just around the corner. For goodness sake, get a life before it is too late.

I am off to bed now as I have an early rise to meet up with my walking group for a six miles walk in the Lanarkshire countryside. Next week it is the Table Tennis. Hope you can do the same if you reach 86. Life has been very good to me. I have no reason to hate anyone.

Regards

Danny

+Quote Post
*Billy Boil*
post 5th Jul 2017, 10:49pm
Post #210

QUOTE (fourbytwo @ 1st Jul 2017, 04:51pm) *
Its about time the administrators of this website started to edit some of this political comment, which has become outdated and boring.
Such tripe should move on into a special site where this Scottish Political Satire can be voiced.
This site is now beginning to have 3/4 daily columns about voting and other political, which may be OK at a voting time, but is coming to be boring still appearing long after elections....
This site should be returning to comments and discussions about Glasgow and environs, which many of us senior citizens would prefer....

" GUVIN YA BASS" Pee Es. my name is Billy.

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th Sep 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.