Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My First Broken Heart, romance
Isobel
post 18th Dec 2008, 03:32am
Post #31

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 33
I think its only normal to think of certain people and wonder what if. I often hear songs and I remember these special people.

--------------------
From Glasgow now in Canada
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Harrymc
post 18th Dec 2008, 01:32pm
Post #32

Special Visitor
Member No.: 5,658
QUOTE (Isobel @ 18th Dec 2008, 04:31am) *
I think its only normal to think of certain people and wonder what if. I often hear songs and I remember these special people.

Thanks for that it's comforting to be told I'm normal.
Seems so many of you landed in Canada including my lost love.I was going there myself but decided to try it in England first in case of homesickness.The result is I never got any further.Hoping one day I might get to visit though.

+Quote Post
tamhickey
post 19th Dec 2008, 04:18am
Post #33

City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,833
Uncle Tommy! You little/big tinker you! Good to see you here and writing such prose that affected you. I think every generation has the belief of young love, and I'm sure Shakespeare noticed the "winchers" of that age just as much as now. I mean, he wrote a couple of decent plays about the condition, didn't he?

I, too, shall always revere the memory of my first "serious" girlfriend, but the Lady to whom I'm now married will one day give me a heart attack, as my heart always skips a beat when I'm with her.

But then, I also remember the days of youth and falling in and out of love as quickly as your eyes were able to discern yet another good looking girl.

Yes, my heart was broken too; on a couple of occasions, the worst being my first wife's adultery and subsequent divorce, but life is for living and you have to get past the worst things life has to throw at you, and I was so fortunate to meet the wonderful wife I am with now.

We have been together around 9 years, we've struggled in many ways and we have helped each other through the worst, and have loved and enjoyed every moment, good or bad.

We are now setting up a Videography company called Deja Vu videos to capture the best memories people will ever have, like weddings, Christenings, parties and the like.

Someday, I shall also commit to this screen the wonderful feelings you showed here, but in the interim, let me just say how much you are admired as my uncle, let alone your writing ability.

Great to see you Uncle Tommy, I hope to hear from you later.
All the best

Tam Hickey

+Quote Post
albaforever
post 6th Jan 2010, 07:17pm
Post #34

Settling In
Member No.: 7,854
My first love, Ian Kirke, was from Govan and worked as a draughtsman at the shipyards. We were not together long but I was sure it would be forever. Well, one night we went to visit a pal of his who was not long married. The wife proudly showed me her dress and talked me into trying it on. I did so as I didnae want to hurt her feelings.(It didnae suit me at aw) She persuaded me to show Ian. Well needless to say, I got dumped that very night.....LOL (Dating 101.......never put on the dress 'till he's put on the ring....LOL)
Actually, I was devastated but at 18 life goes on. I have no idea where he is now.

+Quote Post
auchenshuggle
post 6th Jan 2010, 08:04pm
Post #35

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,409
probably kicking himself up the bahooky, feeling ferr scunnered thinking whit he gied up, still his loss eh? rolleyes.gif

--------------------
i saw a coo upon a hill its no there noo it mustve vanished.

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 7th Jan 2010, 12:28am
Post #36

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
I once fell ass over thrupenny bit ... sorry, head over heels ... in a big way for a girl who eventually followed me to Israel where guy tried to blow us all away one night. She said to me "You bring me, a German, to Israel so a Jew can shoot me?"
If that aint grounds for givin' a guy the boot then nothing is.
Still, I wouldn't have met Mary otherwise biggrin.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
Wait a minute ... I've got my eye on a burd.

... Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend ...

+Quote Post
enrique
post 7th Jan 2010, 12:05pm
Post #37

Lord Provost
Member No.: 1,842
Hi Tommy i enjoyed your story, and although it had a very sad ending , i just heard about a friend who when we were in our teens fancied one of the local girls and she fancied him , but because of the old west of scotland catholic protestant nonesense they were never to get together, both married and had long happy marriages , then both there partners died , and when they were in there late sixties they by chance met again and true to the romantic story they moved in together and are at last having the happiness they had hoped for all those years ago smile.gif

+Quote Post
albaforever
post 7th Jan 2010, 02:43pm
Post #38

Settling In
QUOTE (auchenshuggle @ 6th Jan 2010, 09:02pm) *
probably kicking himself up the bahooky, feeling ferr scunnered thinking whit he gied up, still his loss eh? rolleyes.gif

sure was...thank you

+Quote Post
auchenshuggle
post 8th Jan 2010, 09:44pm
Post #39

Mega City Key Holder
YOU`RE WELCOME ALBA`, IT`S NO JIST ANYBODY THAT CAN DATE A GGer.
WE`RE SPECIAL Y`KNOW, NO AW PAN LOAFIE OR THAT, JIST GOT A WEE BIT MERR FINESSE, AN AW THE BETTER FUR IT AS FOR AS I`M CONCERNED.

tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jupiter
post 9th Jan 2010, 08:17am
Post #40

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 7,675
"First Girl I Loved" a song written by Robin Williamson and performed by the Incredible String Band is for me the real lost love song.Ive listened to it since the 60s and can empathise over his loss of the girl with the long red hair.I still think of a red haired girl from Glasgow and wonder where she is now.

+Quote Post
Rabbit
post 31st Jan 2010, 04:44pm
Post #41

Visitor
Member No.: 7,306

"First Girl I Loved" a song written by Robin Williamson and performed by the Incredible String Band

Beatiful song.

So what would you do if you met the first girl (or guy) again? After, let me think, 40 YEARS!

(And yes, This is aimed at someone who who is trying to find her.)

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 31st Jan 2010, 11:33pm
Post #42

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
Well, never have sex with an Ex is a good rule of thumb, but after 40 years?
Why? Did nothing happen during that 40 years? rolleyes.gif
(Didn't Moses spend 40 years in the desert?) tongue.gif

--------------------
Wait a minute ... I've got my eye on a burd.

... Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend ...

+Quote Post
auchenshuggle
post 1st Feb 2010, 08:50pm
Post #43

Mega City Key Holder
aye but he probably hud a camel. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
albaforever
post 1st Feb 2010, 10:05pm
Post #44

Settling In
If neither party is married then go for it. If married walk away.

+Quote Post
marydee
post 1st Feb 2010, 10:33pm
Post #45

City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,766
This thread brought back to me memories I thought were long buried and forgotten and if I'm truthful memories that have kinda upset me. I had a boyfriend when I was 17-18 nothing heavy we hung around in a crowd and then Jim walked me home. We fell out over something stupid I took a right huff and wouldn't speak to him then he lost his job couldn't get another one so he went to try his luck with his sister in Canada. Before he went we sort of made up and we kept in touch and then his mother and father, their younger children and his elder brother went to Canada also. We wrote long letters every other day until one day, while I was at work in a local shop, his mother's pal came in to tell me Jim had been killed at work. Although I married a great guy, have two smashing kids and have had a decent life the thinking of Jim this week has made me almost as sad as I was that day over 40 years ago. Daft or what?

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th Apr 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.