Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bridgeton Library, Carnegit Library might close soon
dizzybint
post 21st Oct 2010, 01:19pm
Post #1

Lord Provost
Member No.: 9,116
[font="Arial Black"][/font]The old Carnegie Library in Landressy st. may be no more if plans to have a new library in the Olympia go through.. I love the fact this old cinema will be put to some use but surely the library will be saved..
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Celyn
post 22nd Oct 2010, 01:47am
Post #2

Super Visitor
Member No.: 1,912
I am never optimistic about Glasgow Council, (all right, its "arm's length" organisations that are always changing their names) saving anything interesting, or doing good things by way of local public library service. But that's probably just me being grumpy, so you never know. smile.gif

I'm glad at least there are plans for a replacement library.

+Quote Post
dizzybint
post 22nd Oct 2010, 08:36am
Post #3

Lord Provost
Member No.: 9,116
Celyn I dont think they know whit their doing, there was talk of the old picutre hall being demolishes a while ago but i think their was such an outcry as its a big part of the cross that they had to have a rethink..

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd Sep 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.