Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

1392 Pages V  « < 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scottish Independence, About voting yes/no
Rating 4 V
john.mcn
post 19th Mar 2017, 10:53am
Post #19741

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545
*are should be 'and'

Just seen this getting shared too

Sky News Newsdesk‏Verified account
@SkyNewsBreak

Follow
More
Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has told Sky News an independent Scotland would apply to join the European Union

So is wee Nic now acknowledging that Scotland is out and all this IndyrefII is just sour grapes at losing in 2014.

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 19th Mar 2017, 11:28am
Post #19742

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 19th Mar 2017, 10:36am) *
Noticed this getting shared, I take it schools are education are not the priority anymore

Word count on FM speech to #snp17:
Independence 13
Brexit 12
Prime Minister 11
Schools 1
Education 1

Word count on Ruth and Kezia's conference speech's to #snp1,817:
SNPBAD...1,842
Independence 1,813
Brexit 0
Prime Minister 0
Schools 0
Education 0

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 19th Mar 2017, 11:48am
Post #19743

Mega City Key Holder
This another one of your alt facts?

Remind me again who said education was her no1 priority

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 19th Mar 2017, 01:29pm
Post #19744

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 19th Mar 2017, 01:48pm) *
This another one of your alt facts?

Remind me again who said education was her no1 priority

The usual ordure from John Boy. laugh.gif

https://www.snp.org/good_news_from_the_snp_...may_have_missed

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
Dykejumper
post 19th Mar 2017, 02:16pm
Post #19745

City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,271
La Sturgeon started her speech by saying it was not aimed at those in the hall, she then proceeded
to say nothing that wasnt raw meat for the SNP balcony.

On the word count I was surprised that Tory[scum] was only uttered 9 times, no mention of
Thatcher but we did get 'poll tax' lol

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 19th Mar 2017, 02:23pm
Post #19746

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 19th Mar 2017, 02:16pm) *
On the word count I was surprised that Tory[scum] was only uttered 9 times, no mention of
Thatcher but we did get 'poll tax' lol

Love the way you Britnats hang on every word the FM says. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 19th Mar 2017, 02:25pm
Post #19747

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 19th Mar 2017, 01:29pm) *

If a fact doesn't suit Johns agenda it becomes an "alt fact". yes.gif

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 19th Mar 2017, 02:44pm
Post #19748

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 19th Mar 2017, 01:29pm) *

I thought you didn't read my posts laugh.gif

In what way was my post wrong?
I posted the word count attributed to Nicola Sturgeon, did she mention schools and education more than Independence, Brexit or Prime minister then?

Tell me something else then, those figures from the SNP website, are those based on staying within the UK or does it factor in the millions in running a referendum, paying for the startup costs of public bodies and the drop in revenue if Sturgeon gets her way and we leave the UK single market.
You see, or to be more precise, you dont see, is that the economic arguments she uses for staying in the EU is dwarfed by those same economic arguments used for staying in the UK's single market.
She is on the one hand greeting aboot Westminster cuts but on the other arguing to waste millions of £'s running a referendum we just had less than 3 years ago. They can of course take it out of the +£100 million slush fund they didn't spend last year (while greeting about cuts and raising taxes).

Most people I know are sick of hearing sour grapes from Nicola Sturgeon, they want the SG to get on with the job of doing the job they were elected to do and believe it or not, that is not pushing for a re run of 2014 referendum.

QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 19th Mar 2017, 02:25pm) *
If a fact doesn't suit Johns agenda it becomes an "alt fact". yes.gif

No, its when you post lies and BS it becomes alt fact.

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 19th Mar 2017, 05:54pm
Post #19749

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 19th Mar 2017, 02:44pm) *
You see, or to be more precise, you dont see, is that the economic arguments she uses for staying in the EU is dwarfed by those same economic arguments used for staying in the UK's single market.

We will still be trading with England after independence, and we'll still be in the EU.

Win win.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 19th Mar 2017, 06:11pm
Post #19750

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582

Slip of the finger, which I seriously regret. sad.gif

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 19th Mar 2017, 07:10pm
Post #19751

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 19th Mar 2017, 05:54pm) *
We will still be trading with England after independence, and we'll still be in the EU.

Win win.

I dont see anyone saying we wont be trading with England (just England, not rUK???), at the moment we have unrestricted access to the whole UK as we are part of it. If we leave the UK and join the EU then any hard terms between the rUK and EU will also affect trade and movement on this Island. That trade dwarfs the trade across the English channel and will have more harmful effects on any loss in EU trade.

As for your last bit, thanks again for contradicting your previous statement when you said we can have a vote on the EU, under the SNP there will not be any vote and you're just covering for the party you are a member off with your alt facts (lies)

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 19th Mar 2017, 07:17pm
Post #19752

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 19th Mar 2017, 06:11pm) *

Slip of the finger, which I seriously regret. sad.gif

I have no doubt you do regret it because i just showed you up for a fool. If instead of browsing the SNP site for your link and instead read the transcript of her speech on the same site (yes it is there LMFAO) you would have found that what i posted was not 'ordure' but was in fact FACT.

Now maybe Jagz can check out if Ruth and Kezia's conference speeches did in fact mention SNPBAD 1,842 or Independence 1,813 times or are we presume that it was just one more of his lies to try to detract criticism of the SNP

By the way I've just did a slip of the finger right now laugh.gif

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 20th Mar 2017, 10:20am
Post #19753

Mega City Key Holder
Blood pressure John, it's going through the roof dear. laugh.gif rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 20th Mar 2017, 10:59pm
Post #19754

Mega City Key Holder

Blood pressures fine as I have said before jagz, but you know that and you're just using that to paint some picture of me. taking apart your posts is as easy as breathing, no anger, blood pressure or any emotion except maybe laughter at your attempt to deflect and divert from anything that looks bad on the SNP. You're not alone in using these tactics, from forums to facebook and even newspapers comments we see pretty much the same from kool aid drinkers. Thos who would dare criticise any SNP policy will be called all sorts inc yoon, traitor, plant, red tory and many more. Check out any story about Jim Sillars, someone who previously was held in high regard but as soon as he doesn't agree with Strurgeon then the wolves are set upon him..

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/1516915...comments-anchor

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
Dykejumper
post 20th Mar 2017, 11:08pm
Post #19755

City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,271
I have been reading a book titled ' Utopia for realists and how we can get there'

In summary the author suggests a 15 hour working week, free money for all and open migration !!!??? I wonder if he has had access to the Selfie Queen's promise list if she wins Indy 2 ?

+Quote Post

1392 Pages V  « < 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th Dec 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.