Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Recognition For Wallace Monument, Site of Wallace's historic betrayal
annemac
post 5th Sep 2012, 02:41pm
Post #61

Visitor
Member No.: 5,913
I'm in Robroyston on holiday from Wales again so I've just taken a wee walk along to the monument from my daughters house & was pleasantly surprised. The last time I visited it was in a terrible state with broken paving, builders rubbish etc. it's been nicely landscaped with a wooden bench & an information board. I didnt venture as far as the well but weather permitting, I'll walk there on Sunday. Can't do it sooner as we're off to Inverness tomorrow. I did take a couple of photos but can't figure out how to post them on here. I'll try again when I'm home next week at my pc instead of an iPad!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
*Duns Stoshious*
post 18th Sep 2012, 09:55am
Post #62

QUOTE (*Bernard* @ 8th Mar 2012, 06:11pm) *
Good news's all these historic site's should be maintained by the government and if Scotland go independent we need these statues instead of demolishing them, get the builder why if they cant afford to maintain all the outlying monuments why don't they transfer the monument to St Georges square in the centre of Glasgow and it would be seen by all tourists and can go to the local library and read the full story behind the statue.

"need these statues if Scotland go independant"?? Need statues of Victoria Empress of India and Victoria's beloved Albert who hardly spoke English never mind Glesga'??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th Jul 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.