Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

117 Pages V  « < 89 90 91 92 93 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coronovirus?, How it spreads!
ashfield
post 29th May 2020, 07:07am
Post #1351

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
QUOTE (carmella @ 29th May 2020, 06:36am) *
Too late to edit, but I don’t want [unlike the PM] the Dominic Cummings thing to go away, and for us to move on.

It looks like he won’t be sacked, therefore he should resign.

Carmella, the PM wants to draw a line and move on. I bet he does.but he has badly misread the electorate on this.

The majority of the population will feel the pain of this crisis for many years to come and this debacle will stay with them for the duration. We'll see at the next election whether his "drawing a line" worked or not.

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 29th May 2020, 07:40am
Post #1352

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 29th May 2020, 07:04am) *
Just read in thee newspaper this morning that a proposal had beeen made to thee British Goveernment on radical lockdown in care homes on 28th April which the government turned down.
We;vee had theese measires implimenteed since the end of Feebruary!
Today one of us can visit Mary's mum who has not seen her son or daughter for eight weeks now ... there have been no reecorded deaths in that care home during this peeriod. We could havee had a half hour visit two weeks ago had she not had a tumble leading her to be quarantined after a hospital visit.
During that time staff stayed in the caree home for four weeks rota system with a two week self isolating period at home before returning after showing negative tests, to ensure the safety of patients in the care home.
And the British government? Do they follow a let's wait and see what happens course.
People die is what happens: did the PM neeed to be told that? Could Cummings not have given his Bullingdon Buddy that advice?
We are now going into June and the UK's toll of dead are still being counteed ...

(all typos are part of the staus quo at the moment cool.gif )

Tomi, IMHO the nursing home issue is complex in the extreme.

I'm been reluctant to voice an opinion in this because it is my belief the current tragedy of deaths of older people in care (and of those providing care) has it's roots in UK government policy going back 40 years, to the Community Care Act. Some of the consequential legislation and governmental policies were good, some were not. Much of the driving factor in care provision has been driven by the principle of saving money. In more recent times, the clamour to integrate health and social care services has blurred the lines between the two. Again IMHO, this may have been a major factor is the death rate being so high. Whatever happens, I hope there is a full and far reaching public inquiry into how and why so many vulnerable people in care have died.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 29th May 2020, 11:01am
Post #1353

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (carmella @ 28th May 2020, 08:34pm) *
Most of you won’t like this, but I hate hot weather. I know everyone else loves it. I like 70f as my upper limit, otherwise I feel exhausted, sweaty and lethargic. Unable to sleep.

I find pouring rain and wild windy weather so relaxing and calming.

Guess we are all different!

I'm no fan off hot weather either Carmella, bust as a dog walker i hate wet and windy weather, frosty and sunny day's are my favourite.

We are indeed all different. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 29th May 2020, 11:30am
Post #1354

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,884
QUOTE (ashfield @ 29th May 2020, 08:40am) *
Tomi, IMHO the nursing home issue is complex in the extreme.

Sorry to bring this up, I know it's a minor technicality, however it was also devolved last century. The Scot Gov is in this as much as the UK Gov, let's be fair. mellow.gif

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 29th May 2020, 11:34am
Post #1355

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 29th May 2020, 12:30pm) *
It was also devolved, last century.

And your point is..............?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 29th May 2020, 11:44am
Post #1356

Mega City Key Holder
Scotland does have its own health minister.

Credit and criticism where it is due? confused2.gif

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 29th May 2020, 11:59am
Post #1357

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 29th May 2020, 12:44pm) *

That's your motto, is it? Hmmmmmm!

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 29th May 2020, 12:50pm
Post #1358

Mega City Key Holder
Thermometer is reading 26°C and rising here, and the salt is stinging in my eyes.

Freedom Day has coincided with the hottest day of the year so far. Can Nicola do no wrong?? cool.gif

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 29th May 2020, 01:21pm
Post #1359

Mega City Key Holder
Seen at least one pub serving customers out front. Taps were aff, of course, and the taps were definitely open too.

I did wonder to what extent alcohol would play a part in the nation's emergence from lockdown this sunny weekend.

Incidentally, Scotland has 'officially' moved slightly ahead of England, which gets its equivalent freedoms back on Monday. Plus, unlike here down south you WILL be allowed to use a friend's toilet, however groups are limited to 6 people there whereas it's 8 up here in Scotland.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 29th May 2020, 01:56pm
Post #1360

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 29th May 2020, 02:21pm) *
Seen at least one pub serving customers out front. Taps were aff, of course, and the taps were definitely open too.

I did wonder to what extent alcohol would play a part in the nation's emergence from lockdown this sunny weekend.

Incidentally, Scotland has 'officially' moved slightly ahead of England, which gets its equivalent freedoms back on Monday. Plus, unlike here down south you WILL be allowed to use a friend's toilet, however groups are limited to 6 people there whereas it's 8 up here in Scotland.

Seems a mite more crowded than I'm accustomed to in toilets, either side of the border. Think I'll bide where I am !

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 29th May 2020, 02:07pm
Post #1361

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 29th May 2020, 11:01am) *
I'm no fan off hot weather either Carmella, bust as a dog walker i hate wet and windy weather, frosty and sunny day's are my favourite.

We are indeed all different. wink.gif

It's certainly a dog walker's nightmare.
When I had Bonniee, a Swiss mountain dog, I used to pile her into the back of my Merc and; moreor leess, pick a mountain which are all completely forested heree.: great days for man and dog especially when the snow lay higher than ankle deeep.
Now, because of my eyes, I can no longeer afford poor Dylan the Villain the same luxury and hje has to make do with our local fieelds which only have acres and acres of maise etc. with narry a tree in sight.
I take him out early morning and at midnight where he enjoys chasing the der; running with the herd if you likee because he is a `herder type of dog.
But the fun is no longer there for me as awalk between three and five hours in the forest is a different world.

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”
― Joseph Heller, God Knows

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 29th May 2020, 02:07pm
Post #1362

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 29th May 2020, 12:44pm) *

So, whilst I respond to a post and try to talk about the issues, your focus is scoring cheap political points? Remind us again of your post on "political prejudice" huh.gif

Yet again you prove just how obtuse you really are. If you have anything constructive to add to the debate, please do. Otherwise I suggest you keep your thoughts to yourself, lest anyone should think you're nothing more than a malcontent eyebrow.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 29th May 2020, 04:19pm
Post #1363

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 29th May 2020, 12:30pm) *
Sorry to bring this up, I know it's a minor technicality, however it was also devolved last century. The Scot Gov is in this as much as the UK Gov, let's be fair. mellow.gif

Would i be right in pointing out the majority of nursing care homes are privately owned?

As Ash points out, you're doing your pretence of being politically unbiased no good whatsoever Kem.

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 29th May 2020, 07:34pm
Post #1364

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
Attached Image

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”
― Joseph Heller, God Knows

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 29th May 2020, 09:47pm
Post #1365

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (ashfield @ 29th May 2020, 03:07pm) *
So, whilst I respond to a post and try to talk about the issues, your focus is scoring cheap political points? Remind us again of your post on "political prejudice" huh.gif

Yet again you prove just how obtuse you really are. If you have anything constructive to add to the debate, please do. Otherwise I suggest you keep your thoughts to yourself, lest anyone should think you're nothing more than a malcontent eyebrow.gif

Are you serious? Any glance at the pages of this discussion will show to anyone that I have contributed more than my fair share of thoughts on a whole variety of issues around the pandemic.

Thus your surly and frankly untruthful post possibly gives us an insight into discontent of your own, in which case I suggest that it's you who may benefit from less keyboard bashing.

+Quote Post

117 Pages V  « < 89 90 91 92 93 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd Jul 2020

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.