Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

91 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coronovirus?, How it spreads!
bilbo.s
post 29th Mar 2020, 04:16pm
Post #271

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (DannyH @ 29th Mar 2020, 04:44pm) *
Bilbo, how about trying to lose your high and mighty attitude. Another 838 people have died overnight in Spain. The country you reside in, and you come on to this website and talk about standards in grammar and spelling.

You are a hypocrite. The following is a copy of a post you addressed to me. It is on the Scottish Independence referendum topic, dated 15 March 2020. You wrote,

“ I have never claimed to be resident in Scotland and to memory have never used ‘we’ in reference to that fact. Gaun ye auld shit-stirrer”.

So for someone who is the self appointed Spelling and Grammar police, you obviously have much lower standards than many of the people you have berated on this forum. You are just one arrogant, but, pitiful person.

Danny

Thank you, dear friend, for your kind and thoughtful words. You really have made my day and my life more tolerable during this bleak time.

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wombat
post 29th Mar 2020, 06:07pm
Post #272

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 29th Mar 2020, 04:16pm) *
Thank you, dear friend, for your kind and thoughtful words. You really have made my day and my life more tolerable during this bleak time.

tongue.gif Aaaw the nice laugh.gif

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 29th Mar 2020, 06:26pm
Post #273

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
QUOTE (wombat @ 29th Mar 2020, 07:07pm) *
:P Aaaw the nice :lol:

Ah Wombat, I can always rely on you to support another Amigo, Bilbo.

Danny

+Quote Post
wombat
post 29th Mar 2020, 06:35pm
Post #274

Mega City Key Holder
thumbup.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
carmella
post 30th Mar 2020, 08:05am
Post #275

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
QUOTE (zascot @ 29th Mar 2020, 03:03pm) *
Carmella, got that picture off of our Leopard Group. Another Safari Programme on Utube is " Wildearth Safari Live" also in Kruger but a different area, Kruger Park is bigger than Wales and the wildlife can roam anywhere so plenty variety.
Don`t think you are in the wrong country if you hear one of the young female Safari guides with a Scottish accent she is also good.

I have Wild earth safaris up on my desktop to watch later, also big cat ones too.

I love to watch Gordon Buchanan’s broadcasts If you haven’t seen any of his stuff, give it a go. I had no idea that Russians Lynx, some people are kind but others hunt them. “Snow cats and me with Gordon Buchanan”. He is a terrific wildlife cameraman, lives in Glasgow!

I am watching the news this morning, and as I anticipated the experts think life will not return to normal for at least 6 months.

They must ascertain even post lockdown, that there is no chance of any of us still getting this virus, once we let our guard down. A prospect that worries me.

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
Dykejumper
post 30th Mar 2020, 11:38am
Post #276

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,271
Councils are cancelling uplifting of recyclable waste because of the virus.

+Quote Post
carmella
post 30th Mar 2020, 02:14pm
Post #277

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
DJ, I haven’t heard this at all. I will check out South Ayrshire Council’s website, but if this is so, and one of life’s essentials in my humble opinion, it only tells us they are not providing the proper care for their workers. I can only assume they have been properly advised to do so. I

I just checked their website, and although the #ituation may change the only bins they will not collect (from 23rd March) are garden waste and bulk uplift. Food waste and general household waste will continue to be collected?

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
wombat
post 30th Mar 2020, 07:17pm
Post #278

Mega City Key Holder
laugh.gif took the neighbour and a trailer full o dead batteries to the scrap dealer yesterday

scrap lead has lost a third of its value bcos of the virus laugh.gif

the local shop/supermarket(40mile away) got burgled ,

for toilet rolls ,cleaning agents and ciggies rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 30th Mar 2020, 10:54pm
Post #279

Mega City Key Holder
Once again the news reports highlight how unprepared the UK is in dealing with the Coronavirus crisis. Another young doctor has died. Why? He didn’t have the necessary protective equipment.

It is disgusting that a so called advanced society relies on receiving this type of equipment from other countries, particularly China and South Korea.

Germany, applying their usual efficiency in matters such as this, is far more ahead of the rest of Europe in the supply of testing equipment.

Apparently the EU is in disarray in coping with this crisis. It is every man for himself. There is no central policy. Now is the time for the EU officials to show leadership in dealing with this crisis. It won’t happen.

As for the UK. In my opinion this is a golden opportunity for the UK to show the rest of the world that we still have the necessary skills to survive this crisis, by implementing innovative manufacturing techniques to produce the protective and testing equipment required to fight this virus.

Danny

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 31st Mar 2020, 10:46am
Post #280

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (DannyH @ 30th Mar 2020, 11:54pm) *
Once again the news reports highlight how unprepared the UK is in dealing with the Coronavirus crisis. Another young doctor has died. Why? He didn’t have the necessary protective equipment.

It is disgusting that a so called advanced society relies on receiving this type of equipment from other countries, particularly China and South Korea.

Germany, applying their usual efficiency in matters such as this, is far more ahead of the rest of Europe in the supply of testing equipment.

Apparently the EU is in disarray in coping with this crisis. It is every man for himself. There is no central policy. Now is the time for the EU officials to show leadership in dealing with this crisis. It won’t happen.

As for the UK. In my opinion this is a golden opportunity for the UK to show the rest of the world that we still have the necessary skills to survive this crisis, by implementing innovative manufacturing techniques to produce the protective and testing equipment required to fight this virus.

Danny

Westminster is in total disarray Danny, and i'd say that the EU is coping far better and is looking after it's equal member states.

https://www.theparliamentmagazine.eu/articl...ment-initiative

And instead of sneering at the Chinese and South Koreans you should be outraged at your UK governments refusal to work with Johnny Foreigner in bringing in much needed ventilators.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/joeydurso/coronavi...-uk-ventilators

And Germany is coping better in this crisis as it has always funded and managed it NHS properly as the wellbeing of her people is paramount unlike the UK where personal greed and self interest comes into play.

And there is no "golden opportunity" for the UK to show the world anything apart from it's own gross incompetence.

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 31st Mar 2020, 12:17pm
Post #281

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 31st Mar 2020, 11:46am) *
Westminster is in total disarray Danny, and i'd say that the EU is coping far better and is looking after it's equal member states.

https://www.theparliamentmagazine.eu/articl...ment-initiative

And instead of sneering at the Chinese and South Koreans you should be outraged at your UK governments refusal to work with Johnny Foreigner in bringing in much needed ventilators.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/joeydurso/coronavi...-uk-ventilators

And Germany is coping better in this crisis as it has always funded and managed it NHS properly as the wellbeing of her people is paramount unlike the UK where personal greed and self interest comes into play.

And there is no "golden opportunity" for the UK to show the world anything apart from it's own gross incompetence.

Jagz, the EU is coping far better and looking after its member states? Give us a break

I haven’t sneered at China. What I have done is expressed the view that the West has moved its manufacturing to China, and now we are paying the price.

You have obviously missed the report that Spain has received protection equipment from China which is substandard.

Your comment about the German NHS sounds good. Your comments about the UK NHS is derogatory.
I am alive because of it. Had a heart attack in 1987. Well looked after. Prostrate problems, ten years ago. Well looked after.

The difference between Germany and the UK is, Germany opted for getting testing equipment in large quantities. So if the Eu is so united, why hasn’t it made this equipment available to countries like Italy and Spain. Don’t give us the crap about a united Europe. It is every man for himself.

Danny

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 31st Mar 2020, 01:11pm
Post #282

Mega City Key Holder
An open personal message to Jagz

Would you please tell us all if you are still of the opinion that this Coronavirus is a lot of hype?

You are a great one for criticising Trump, as indeed many of us are including myself. However you and he expressed the view that this Coronavirus was nothing to bother about. In fact you went one better than him. You feel that the ‘flu is of more of a threat to humanity than Coronavirus. I say you feel that way, because you have never intimidated that you have changed you mind.

Still waiting until you personally know someone who has contracted the Coronavirus, Nero ?

Danny

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 31st Mar 2020, 02:00pm
Post #283

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 31st Mar 2020, 03:11pm) *
An open personal message to Jagz

Would you please tell us all if you are still of the opinion that this Coronavirus is a lot of hype?

You are a great one for criticising Trump, as indeed many of us are including myself. However you and he expressed the view that this Coronavirus was nothing to bother about. In fact you went one better than him. You feel that the ‘flu is of more of a threat to humanity than Coronavirus. I say you feel that way, because you have never intimidated that you have changed you mind.

Still waiting until you personally know someone who has contracted the Coronavirus, Nero ?

Danny

Sarcasm & name-calling alert!

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 31st Mar 2020, 02:37pm
Post #284

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (DannyH @ 31st Mar 2020, 01:17pm) *
Your comments about the UK NHS is derogatory.
I am alive because of it. Had a heart attack in 1987. Well looked after. Prostrate problems, ten years ago. Well looked after.

Danny

How dare you accuse me of making derogatory comments about our NHS (there is no UK NHS) i made no such comment, i am a supporter of our NHS and workers, if you have a shred of decency you should apologies and delete your disgusting slur.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 31st Mar 2020, 03:53pm
Post #285

Mega City Key Holder
No problem! He should have no difficulty prostrating himself at your feet!

--------------------

+Quote Post

91 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2020

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.