Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

1357 Pages V  « < 1355 1356 1357  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scottish Independence, About voting yes/no
Rating 4 V
JAGZ1876
post 25th Jul 2017, 07:47am
Post #20341

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 25th Jul 2017, 12:29am) *
Scotland is already in a union that gives it back more than it puts in.

The sad thing is you really believe that. unsure.gif

What is it that John said again? Oh Yes, "what you have is links to equally brainwashed people twisting facts to try to manipulate the public. The funny thing is that you don't see it because you're as wrapped up in your cult as the Scientologist are", sums you up nicely.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 25th Jul 2017, 07:51am
Post #20342

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 25th Jul 2017, 12:33am) *
Four days ago I said I had never read the Express, you keep bringing it up as I said you would

So we'll hear no more about Westminster spending from you then

I've said several times that you dont have what it takes to make me angry. The more you post the more you prove that dont have nor will you ever have what it takes. I accept that you wont post proof because there is none, what you have is links to equally brainwashed people twisting facts to try to manipulate the public. The funny thing is that you dont see it because you're as wrapped up in your cult as the Scientologist are

Let it go John, just let it go.

I never saw that coming. laugh.gif

If thats you not angry? Oh dear, the poor Scientologists are getting dragged into this. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 25th Jul 2017, 08:00am
Post #20343

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 25th Jul 2017, 12:35am) *
LOL are you denying the GERS figures for the last couple of years then?

We've been over the GERS figures many times before John, let it go.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 25th Jul 2017, 12:38pm
Post #20344

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 25th Jul 2017, 09:51am) *
Let it go John, just let it go.

I never saw that coming. laugh.gif

If thats you not angry? Oh dear, the poor Scientologists are getting dragged into this. laugh.gif

Jagz, Just as well you can't make him angry. You wouldn't like him if he were angry! laugh.gif

The cult is obviously not his delight!

He cannae let it go - he's a British bulldog.

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 25th Jul 2017, 06:53pm
Post #20345

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545
All this 'let it go' from Jagz reminds me of the film Frozen, which seems apt as Jagz Disney dae proof.
I should ask him how it was then when he says he hasn't seen it keep asking rolleyes.gif

As for GERS Jagz, yes we have done it, to you its all made up and lies yet you cant provide any evidence to present here or to the Scottish government to back up your claims.

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 25th Jul 2017, 07:09pm
Post #20346

Mega City Key Holder
SNP Westminster leader Ian Blackford takes another £3k from Tory millionaire

SNP Westminster leader Ian Blackford had his General Election campaign bankrolled by a Tory-donating hedge fund boss.

Mr Blackford received £3000 from multi-millionaire Conservative donor David Craigen ahead of last month’s crunch vote.

The partner at London firm Lansdowne also donated £3000 to Mr Blackford in 2015.

At the time, the Ross, Skye and Lochaber MP said he didn’t know Mr Craigen was “a Tory”.

The latest revelation came in the new MPs’ register of interests, which also showed Tory MPs banked a string of donations from millionaire backers – including a £3000 cheque to Scots Secretary David Mundell from oil firm Vitol.

Critics last night questioned why Mr Blackford was happy to accuse the Tories of “Dickensian policies” while still accepting support from Conservative donors.

Scottish Labour Deputy Leader Alex Rowley said: “It is disappointing but no surprise to see Ian Blackford taking large donations from a Tory hedge fund manager.

“Hedge fund managers can donate to SNP politicians safe in the knowledge that they will continue to talk left in Westminster, and govern right in Holyrood – voting against Labour’s progressive proposals to increase the top rate of income tax to 50p and give our NHS workers a pay rise.”

The latest register of interests showed Mr Craigen donated £3000 to Mr Blackford.

Mr Craigen previously donated £3000 to Mr Blackford, just before the 2015 General Election.

At the time Mr Blackford said he had “no knowledge of him being a Tory” and said they had personal ties from his previous role in the finance sector.

Mr Craigen is a partner in Lansdowne Partners, which manages around £14 billion-worth of assets, and he donated £50,000 to the Tories in 2007, followed by £9000 in 2008.

Mr Blackford has been a fierce critic of the Tories and last year described the party’s controversial bedroom tax as a “Dickensian policy”.

The latest register also showed Scottish Secretary Mr Mundell banked £42,500 in donations over the last year, £28,000 of which came after the General Election was called. A donation of £3000 came from oil-trading giant Vitol Services.

Vitol is run by Ayrshire-born entrepreneur Ian Taylor, who made donations to Better Together in the run-up to the independence referendum.

Elsewhere, banking firm Stalbury Trustees, whose directors include the Marquess of Salisbury, bankrolled four new Scottish Tory MPs.

Douglas Ross, who defeated deputy SNP leader Angus Robertson in the Moray seat, banked a £10,000 donation from the firm.

Tory Stirling MP Stephen Kerr received a £3000 donation from Sir Henry Keswick, whose family interest in travel and property are reported to be worth more than £3 billion.

For the Lib Dems, Edinburgh West MP Christine Jardine accepted a £5000 donation from the More United fund set up in memory of murdered MP Jo Cox.

A spokesman for Mr Blackford said: “This donation will help the SNP stand up for Scotland at Westminster – opposing the Tory government’s callous austerity cuts, and challenging their damaging approach to Brexit.”

The spokesman also accused Labour of “jaw-dropping” hypocrisy because the party had previously taken donations from hedge fund bosses as well.

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 25th Jul 2017, 09:21pm
Post #20347

Mega City Key Holder
Another quote without source. Getting to be a habit with you, as the song goes. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 26th Jul 2017, 06:59pm
Post #20348

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (KEZIA DUGDALE)
Stale SNP press the panic button after election result - and no wonder with their support in freefall

A party who can’t come to terms with the election result, with public support in freefall, completely out of ideas and running out of time.

That certainly applies to Theresa May’s Tories, with her Cabinet in open warfare.

But it also applies to Nicola Sturgeon’s SNP, who, after 10 years in office, have become a stale and frightened Government.

Scots are fed up with the First Minister’s performance running our schools, which have 4000 fewer teachers, our hospitals, which have unacceptable waiting times, and our public services, with £170million being cut from budgets this year alone.

The only party – both in Scotland and the UK – with new ideas to improve lives is the Labour Party.

That’s why in the past three weeks alone we have unveiled a new industrial strategy, a five-point plan to tackle working poverty, and established an expert-led workforce commission to find solutions to the staffing crisis in our NHS.

We remain on an election footing across the UK, and Jeremy Corbyn is leading a government-in-waiting in Westminster.

Jeremy will join me in Scotland next month as we target more gains from all parties in Scotland.

The reaction to this from the Nationalist ranks has been incredibly telling.

They are in panic mode.

Some are so arrogant and have such a sense of entitlement that they can’t understand why Labour would dare to challenge them.

And then, in yesterday’s Daily Record, Nationalist MP Mhairi Black moaned that Labour have the temerity to campaign against the SNP.

And she had the cheek to call on Labour to “drive forward progressive policies”.

Mhairi may talk left-wing in the Westminster chamber but the SNP act right-wing when in government.

Just ask the Tory hedge-fund donor who gave election cash to her Westminster leader, Ian Blackford.

There is nothing progressive, Mhairi, about a party who turn Holyrood into a conveyor belt for Tory cuts.

Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon have cut £1.5billion from local services since 2011.

There is nothing progressive, Mhairi, about voting against a top 50p rate of income tax in Scotland, like your MSP colleagues did.

There is nothing progressive Mhairi, about adopting Tory party education policies for Scotland’s schools. There is nothing progressive, Mhairi, about voting against giving NHS workers in Scotland a pay rise, like your MSP colleagues did.

And there is nothing progressive, Mhairi, about seeking to break up the United Kingdom and inflict a further £15billion of austerity measures on families in an independent Scotland.

What is progressive is a £10-an-hour minimum wage, a fairer taxation system, investment in education and the end of the public sector pay cap across the UK – all policies that only Labour will deliver.

Of course, the real reason that Mhairi is panicking is because she knows her Paisley and Renfrewshire South seat is just one of many that Labour is targeting in the next election.

Rather than complaining about Labour, her time would be better spent complaining to Sturgeon about why the SNP are failing so many Scots.

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 26th Jul 2017, 07:06pm
Post #20349

Mega City Key Holder
Am I to take it that you are in agreement with this Party Political Broadcast for the UK Labour Party?

--------------------

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post Y'day, 12:30am
Post #20350

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 25th Jul 2017, 07:53pm) *
All this 'let it go' from Jagz reminds me of the film Frozen, which seems apt as Jagz Disney dae proof.

As for GERS Jagz, yes we have done it, to you its all made up and lies yet you cant provide any evidence to present here or to the Scottish government to back up your claims.

John, again you pick one subject you have the better of me, i cannot deny my knowledge of Dory and now Frozen leave me defenceless, i don't even know if one is Disney or Pixar or even both?

You know fine well that the GERS were originally created specifically to be used as a political tool by the Tories against their opponents in Scotland and to be used against those campaigning for a Scottish parliament (Labour) long before the hated SNP were in power, that is why we have both the Tories and Labour teaming up (The enemy of my enemy is my friend) and you dancing to their tune.

+Quote Post
Dykejumper
post Y'day, 11:24am
Post #20351

City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,271
From the Gnats white paper

"GERS is the authoritative publication on Scotland’s public finances""

maybe jagz got a copy with that page missing.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post Y'day, 06:52pm
Post #20352

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 27th Jul 2017, 12:30am) *
John, again you pick one subject you have the better of me, i cannot deny my knowledge of Dory and now Frozen leave me defenceless, i don't even know if one is Disney or Pixar or even both?

Only the one? laugh.gif
You must have heard of Fozen, as it's the highest grossing animated film of all time everyone has seen it.. Now if I keep that up for another 3 days I'll be as ridiculous as you
You know fine well that the GERS were originally created specifically to be used as a political tool by the Tories against their opponents in Scotland and to be used against those campaigning for a Scottish parliament (Labour) long before the hated SNP were in power, that is why we have both the Tories and Labour teaming up (The enemy of my enemy is my friend) and you dancing to their tune.

You dont know what I know but it's neither here nor there who first devised it because since Devolution it has been compiled by the statisticians and economists in the Office of the Chief Economic Adviser of the Scottish Government, thats the same Scottish government who have been led by the SNP since 2007.
So are you suggesting that these statisticians and economists employed by the SNP SG are inept and the SNP are too dumb to notice it?

QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 25th Jul 2017, 07:47am) *
The sad thing is you really believe that. unsure.gif

If as you say the GERS figures sources are damned lies then you would have to accept that previous arguments showing an Independent Scotland as the 14th richest country in the world, has subsidised the UK since the 80's and that Scots have paid more tax per head of population as all wrong and that your statement above in reply to DJ contradicts your GERS ones.

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post Y'day, 06:55pm
Post #20353

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 27th Jul 2017, 11:24am) *
From the Gnats white paper

"GERS is the authoritative publication on Scotland’s public finances""

maybe jagz got a copy with that page missing.

Mentioned several times, in fact the whole white papers economic model was based on GERS

people can read it below
http://www.gov.scot/Resource/0043/00439021.pdf

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post Y'day, 08:15pm
Post #20354

Mega City Key Holder
GERS is flawed, using guesswork and estimates and in no way shows how an independent Scotland would work.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post Y'day, 09:18pm
Post #20355

Mega City Key Holder

What part is guesswork? We know about public spending for the SG and shared expenditure is done on a per head but that could equally rise if we had to form our own departments.

Surely the 'estimates' are acceptable to the SNP otherwise why would they use them to base their White papers economic argument for an Independent Scotland

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post

1357 Pages V  « < 1355 1356 1357
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th Jul 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.