Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

12 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cricket, England and the Aussies etc.
Scots Kiwi Lass
post 17th Nov 2015, 10:19am
Post #151

City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,097
I was enjoying the last two days of the Test till it became obvious it would end in a draw. I think most captains would have gone for a draw rather than risking a loss (except perhaps Brendan McCullum).

What I didn't particularly like was Mitchell Johnson announcing his retirement when the game was not even finished. Talk about taking the limelight! Reminds me of Clarke doing the same thing when Australia lost the Ashes earlier in the year, all designed to take the spotlight off the loss and on to his impending retirement (IMHO).

--------------------
Kia mau ki to Maoritanga
.............. Hold fast to your culture
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tombro
post 18th Nov 2015, 09:16am
Post #152

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,289
Well, SKL, that's just the Aussie way !

Tombro rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Today is the first day of the rest of your life !

+Quote Post
mitchell
post 26th Nov 2015, 08:15am
Post #153

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,377
Love it. laugh.gif South Africa bowled out for 79 in their first innings against India in the test match.

+Quote Post
mitchell
post 28th Nov 2015, 05:44am
Post #154

Mega City Key Holder
You must be pleased SKl, keep it up N.Z, you are more than half way to history.
Especially with Australia's no 1 arrogant bowler unlikely to bowl. ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Scots Kiwi Lass
post 28th Nov 2015, 06:38am
Post #155

City Key Holder
Great to see Warner getting out for 1. NZ have played well but that completely stupid decision by the umpires in giving Lyon not out when clearly he was, has given the impetus back to the Aussies. Even the commentators were completely stumped (no pun intended). The batsman had walked off and was recalled.

I've had enough and going to watch another channel!

--------------------
Kia mau ki to Maoritanga

+Quote Post
mitchell
post 28th Nov 2015, 06:46am
Post #156

Mega City Key Holder
Had enough of watching the two n.z spinners, get the medium pacers on.

+Quote Post
Scots Kiwi Lass
post 29th Nov 2015, 10:28am
Post #157

City Key Holder
Well, the 3rd test is finally over. I had a slight hope that NZ could pull off the win but in the end they were just not good enough, although at least two glaringly wrong umpiring decisions didn't help.

Still, they did make the Aussies work for their runs!

What I can't understand is why Australia sent Starc out at the end, though there were batsmen ahead of him. I understand the reason for playing him in the first innings but surely they didn't need him in the second. Here's hoping he didn't do any more damage to his foot when he didn't need to.

Roll on 2016, when NZ will be hosting Australia for a 3-match ODI series and two tests. We live in hope!

--------------------
Kia mau ki to Maoritanga

+Quote Post
tombro
post 30th Nov 2015, 09:36am
Post #158

Mega City Key Holder
I have an opinion about that, SKL, but I'll keep it to myself as I am so impressed by the way the Kiwis took it simply as rub of the green. I would suggest that, if the shoe was on the other foot, then all hell would have broken loose with the extremely biased Australian Press Room. Let's just replace my opinion with one word ... arrogance !

Tombro rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Scots Kiwi Lass
post 2nd Dec 2015, 10:29am
Post #159

City Key Holder
Tombro, after New Zealand Cricket requesting an explanation, the ICC have agreed that Nigel Llong made the wrong decision when he ruled Nathan Lyon not out - not that it does the Kiwis any good now.

Thank goodness the Black Caps didn't descend to Australia's level and behave like spoilt kids on the field. Now looking forward to seeing the Sri Lankans here for their tour, starting next week, I think. The two teams know each other well though several top Sri Lankans have now retired.

--------------------
Kia mau ki to Maoritanga

+Quote Post
mitchell
post 2nd Dec 2015, 10:45am
Post #160

Mega City Key Holder
Must admit SKL, I wonder how the Aussies would have reacted if this disgraceful decision happened to them.
Murdoch's press would have had a field day. (No pun) laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
mitchell
post 7th Dec 2015, 10:13am
Post #161

Mega City Key Holder
Well done India, you gave South Africa an absolute hammering.

+Quote Post
Scots Kiwi Lass
post 8th Feb 2016, 10:22am
Post #162

City Key Holder
New Zealand have unexpectedly won the Chappell-Hadlee trophy, beating Australia in the final game of the 3-game ODI series.

What a thriller, though I have to admit I had doubts of a win when NZ were all out for 246 in the 46th over, bearing in mind the Aussies have some hard-hitting batsmen.

The Aussies were going along nicely but as they chased a paltry 247 for victory, in the 34th over Mitchell Marsh was given out in controversial circumstances when it appeared the television replay on the big screen influenced an appeal and decision that saw Marsh given out caught. The allrounder struck a delivery from Black Caps bowler Matt Henry onto the toe of his boot, and Henry caught the ball low-down in his follow-through. Marsh was livid, as was Smith, but the decision was made. At that stage Australia were 164-6 and NZ then ripped through the lower order batsmen, ending when Boland was spectacularly run out in the 44th over.

A welcome win to New Zealand by 55 runs ...... but I expect we will hear a lot more about the Marsh dismissal.

clap.gif ROLL ON THE TEST SERIES!

--------------------
Kia mau ki to Maoritanga

+Quote Post
Dave Grieve
post 8th Feb 2016, 10:50am
Post #163

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,005
QUOTE (Scots Kiwi Lass @ 8th Feb 2016, 12:30pm) *
New Zealand have unexpectedly won the Chappell-Hadlee trophy, beating Australia in the final game of the 3-game ODI series.

What a thriller, though I have to admit I had doubts of a win when NZ were all out for 246 in the 46th over, bearing in mind the Aussies have some hard-hitting batsmen.

The Aussies were going along nicely but as they chased a paltry 247 for victory, in the 34th over Mitchell Marsh was given out in controversial circumstances when it appeared the television replay on the big screen influenced an appeal and decision that saw Marsh given out caught. The allrounder struck a delivery from Black Caps bowler Matt Henry onto the toe of his boot, and Henry caught the ball low-down in his follow-through. Marsh was livid, as was Smith, but the decision was made. At that stage Australia were 164-6 and NZ then ripped through the lower order batsmen, ending when Boland was spectacularly run out in the 44th over.

A welcome win to New Zealand by 55 runs ...... but I expect we will hear a lot more about the Marsh dismissal.

clap.gif ROLL ON THE TEST SERIES!
Well done Lass. Sounds like an exciting finish. Perhaps it will wake up this shower in SA as to what can be done.

+Quote Post
tombro
post 9th Feb 2016, 09:26am
Post #164

Mega City Key Holder
Well done, NZ ! Once again, arrogant Aussies show their true colours ! Simple fact, Marsh was out, no matter how the decision was made !

Tombro sign_lol.gif sign_lol.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Scots Kiwi Lass
post 28th Mar 2016, 09:06am
Post #165

City Key Holder
Cricket is a funny old game, that's for sure. I've been watching some of the Twenty20 World Cup games, mostly the one involving the New Zealand Black Caps.

After NZ smashing India in their game, I was surprised that India knocked Australia out yesterday. I only saw the highlights but that man Kholi played a superb hand. I think he must have felt very proud of himself - such confidence in his ability against very good opposition.

I see Kevin Pietersen has all but written off New Zealand's chances of beating England in the semi-final on Wednesday (Thursday here). Well, Mr Pietersen, we will see. Any team can win on the day, though I have to admit England's batsmen are playing well. Bring it on!

--------------------
Kia mau ki to Maoritanga

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th Sep 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.