Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chinese Ropes
Catherine
post 11th Aug 2005, 11:55am
Post #1

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 57
Mind the Chinese Ropes.
Ye'd tie different colourt elastic bands the gither, either side there would be two people haudin them an you'd dae the scissor jump over them, and it would jist get higher an higher.
If you were the one haudin an end the higher it got the mare ye'd shield yer eyes incase the other 'hauner' let go an the things wid ping oan ye .
If a car came ye'd haud it up an the driver always crouched doon in their seat when they passed under it laugh.gif

--------------------
Oh ahv jist fun anither button...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
keelie gal
post 23rd Jan 2006, 02:04pm
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,519
Catherine i remember them i had many a fun hour playing oot in the street with them you would buy a big bag of them from the newsagents spend ages making them up,i remember one summer day playing a game with these in the street and i had a pair of flip flops on not ideal when playing this game and ended up with a big skint knee ouchhhhhh, i never done that again laugh.gif

--------------------
ITS NICE TO BE NICE

+Quote Post
sumac
post 22nd Aug 2006, 08:22pm
Post #3

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 3,359
Oh, Chinese ropes! Many's a happy hour spent at this! And we never moaned about it taking so long to make them up. Kids now would be fed-up after putting a few together!
We were much more content then, weren't we?

--------------------
Ah don't hear sae well withoot ma specs

+Quote Post
*Carol G*
post 16th Apr 2009, 03:18pm
Post #4

Been talking at work about chinese ropes and found this website. Memories are flooding back. Loved my days of playing this game in the street, playground anywhere. We also recall using chair legs in the house to play on your own! Ah happy days!

+Quote Post
tulip
post 20th Mar 2010, 03:19pm
Post #5

Unpacking
Member No.: 6,408
I work in after schoool care and we got some just recently.Sumac,you are right about kids getting fed up tying them.They are now made out of elasticated rope!!!

tulip

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th Aug 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.