Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Work And Transport Memories Help!
Charlotte
post 31st Jul 2007, 08:45am
Post #1

Unpacking
Member No.: 4,915
Hi,
I am currently doing an 8 week placement at the Transport Museum in Glasgow (obviously) and i need some help!!

I am trying to research how people travelled 1900-1980, and part of this is trying to work out who would have been on the street at different times of day, and where they would be going.

So: if anyone can help me, please either post me back here or contact me at Charlotte.Holden@csglasgow.org

I need to know:

1) How you travelled to work (where you lived and where you had to travel to in the ciity to get to work)
2) How did you get to dance halls/cinemas etc, and which ones did you go to, how far would you travel to go to one of these? AND, how did you get home?
3)What time did you leave for work/get home for work/ leave for a night out/get home from a night out?
4) if you did shift work, what sort of hours were your shifts, and who else was around as you were going to work?

Even if you walked to work or a dance hall this is still really important. I would appreciate ANY information about this, even if you think it is trivial, I will find it important!!

Thank you so much,
A very stressed Charlotte
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th May 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.